Interesting views by another Guru who is a born Xian. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting views by another Guru who is a born Xian.

+2
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
FluteHolder
6 posters

Go down

Interesting views by another Guru who is a born Xian. Empty Interesting views by another Guru who is a born Xian.

Post by FluteHolder Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:02 am

Upps/Samiyaar, it is still not too late to start a group or an ashram. First select a location near a hill in Coimbatore or other nice place preferably near a beach! Smile

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Interesting views by another Guru who is a born Xian. Empty Re: Interesting views by another Guru who is a born Xian.

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:23 am

FluteHolder wrote:

Upps/Samiyaar, it is still not too late to start a group or an ashram. First select a location near a hill in Coimbatore or other nice place preferably near a beach! Smile

I suspect this DAJ is trying to become a 'pro" swamy. He does not yet have any ashram - looks like it. I hear autorickshaws and this home made youtube sermon shows he is a swamy-in-training.

You are right...I have to start scouting for a suitable hill. Most hills around Coimbatore are already taken,

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Interesting views by another Guru who is a born Xian. Empty Re: Interesting views by another Guru who is a born Xian.

Post by Rishi Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:09 am

>>>Flute Holder.

I plan to watch all the videos of Spritual leader D.A. Jpseph

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=d.a.joseph&sm=1

Thank you.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:14 am

>>>Mr. D.A. Joseph is down-to-earth and humble. Unlike some English speaking swamys, he is not posing himself to be an intellectual. I like that quality.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:22 am

[quote="Marathadi-Saamiyaar"]
FluteHolder wrote:

Upps/Samiyaar, it is still not too late to start a group or an ashram. ..Most hills around Coimbatore are already taken,
do you mean by Hindu gods like Maruda malai? Or by God Swamys? Or by new rich Indians?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:26 pm

I take back... I watched a couple of his videos - fully...despite my ADD.

I am sold...this guy seems to the most genuine of all. Irrespective of that, his talks and explanation are like a conversation devoid of high sounding terminology or overuse of sanskritic quotations.

Think I will watch one by one whenever I get time... if the teenagers and youngsters watch at least they will be able to answer questions from many of their peers and friends - about idol worshipping, vegetarianism, rituals, general hindu philosophy, etc...

My problem is that I need to take shower before 6 AM...that is not possible...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:35 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

I am sold...this guy seems to the most genuine of all. Irrespective of that, his talks and explanation are like a conversation devoid of high sounding terminology or overuse of sanskritic quotations.

Think I will watch one by one whenever I get time... if the teenagers and youngsters watch at least they will be able to answer questions from many of their peers and friends - about idol worshipping, vegetarianism, rituals, general hindu philosophy, etc...

>>>This fellow is the real brahmin in the true sense of the word.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:41 pm

Why? Kansas does not have running water or hot water systems?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:42 pm

Rishi wrote:

>>>This fellow is the real brahmin in the true sense of the word.

Brahmin or not...a real hindu. There are people in every caste who misuse it - brahmins, goundars, backward and dalits. But, as the hindu article in 2012 says...he was going to change his name...but left it as lectures on vaishnavism by a christian-name attracts more attention and has credibility. Just the sort of technique the padres and Jesusites use.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:45 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:My problem is that I need to take shower before 6 AM...that is not possible...
>>>
He says in this lecture, that shower is not necessary. So you have no more excuse Smile

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:48 pm

Once, Joseph's lecture had been arranged in Srivilliputtur. When news got round that a man with a Christian name was going to speak on Andal, Hindu right wing organisations threatened to disrupt the proceedings.

>>>>Dumbos. Going after the wrong man.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:51 pm

Rishi

Who or what is real brahmin the true sense of the word? 

Are people who describe themselves as brahmins not brahmins?  Are the priests not brahmins? Are you and max not brahmins?  

I know you won't answer but inquiring minds cannot stop asking questions.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:57 pm

Rishi wrote:

Once, Joseph's lecture had been arranged in Srivilliputtur. When news got round that a man with a Christian name was going to speak on Andal, Hindu right wing organisations threatened to disrupt the proceedings.

>>>>Dumbos.  Going after the wrong man.

These Chaaddis must have assumed that this Padre Joseph would bad mouth Aandal.

P.S. I already sent the link to some RSS Chaddis.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:58 pm

Uppili saarvadu
Who is a real hindu?  Are those of us who describe ourselves as hindus not hindus?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:00 pm

truthbetold wrote:Rishi

Who or what is real brahmin the true sense of the word? 

Are people who describe themselves as brahmins not brahmins?  Are the priests not brahmins? Are you and max not brahmins?  

I know you won't answer but inquiring minds cannot stop asking questions.

TBT

I am not a brahmin at all in the real sense of te word.

The priests who drive Mercedez Benz and charge $300 for coming to your house and doing puja are not Brahmins. The priests who join together collect money for building temples and then use the temple as a tax shelter are not Brahmins. In Maryland I know some preists collect money and building a temple. All their house payments, car payments, gas etc are all paid by the temple. And top of that they claim poverty wages on their tax returns. They have figured out how to milk the system here.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:19 pm

Your definition of who is not a brahmin is that a brahmin who figured out how to milk the system.

On the other hand I have inside knowledge of many large temples in USA (example bridgewater temple in NJ) which are built by non brahmins with funds collected from other devotees and those who contributed got tax refunds and the priests houses were paid by the temple and priests use same tax advantages as any one of us do.  Would you call these priests non brahmins?  They do collect temple specified fees when they go to to private houses for house warmings and weddings. Does that allow them to continue as brahmins? However they do not drive mercedes (at least last I checked). Does that make them eligible as brahmins? 

My experiences with big temple priests is that they are very well read and knowledgeable. Few of them give an appearance of being greedy for the extra buck. But these individuals are also working to support a family in a far away land with very expensive life style.  

My focus is on their  job of performing the temple rituals, maintaining relationship with devotees, and advising devotees on religious rituals.  IF they do that I think they are doing their job.  If they make good money in the process through extra hours and by higher customer satisfaction, I would not put that as against their profession. I would have done the same to support my family needs.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:49 am

Rishi wrote:TBT

The priests who drive Mercedez Benz and charge $300 for coming to your house and doing puja are not Brahmins. The priests who join together collect money for building temples and then use the temple as a tax shelter are not Brahmins. In Maryland I know some preists collect money and building a temple. All their house payments, car payments, gas etc are all paid by the temple. And top of that they claim poverty wages on their tax returns. They have figured out how to milk the system here.

Brahman as a caste(birth/origin), Brahman as an attribute(goal) and Brahman as a an occupation(sustenance) are different aspects. You seem to be mixed up with these concepts.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:18 am

smArtha wrote:

Brahman as a caste(birth/origin), Brahman as an attribute(goal) and Brahman as a an occupation(sustenance) are different aspects. You seem to be mixed up with these concepts.

>>> Not just me. Most of the Hindus are mixed about everything as to what their religion is all about. Unlike the Abrhamic religions where they have one book, one GOD and, one History and no puranas, nobody is clear on what Hinduism is all about.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:59 am

Rishi wrote:>>> Not just me. Most of the Hindus are mixed about everything as to what their religion is all about. Unlike the Abrhamic religions where they have one book, one GOD and, one History and no puranas, nobody is clear on what Hinduism is all about.

True and False in that order.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:58 pm

Rishi wrote:
smArtha wrote:

Brahman as a caste(birth/origin), Brahman as an att
ribute(goal) and Brahman as a an occupation(sustenance) are different aspects. You seem to be mixed up with these concepts.

>>> Not just me. Most of the Hindus are mixed about everything as to what their religion is all about. Unlike the Abrhamic religions where they have one book, one GOD and, one History and no puranas, nobody is clear on what Hinduism is all about.
+1.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:26 pm

smArtha wrote:
Rishi wrote:>>> Not just me. Most of the Hindus are mixed about everything as to what their religion is all about. Unlike the Abrhamic religions where they have one book, one GOD and, one History and no puranas, nobody is clear on what Hinduism is all about.

True and False in that order.
+1. If nothing else, Ramakrishna's one book and/or Vivekananda's works alone is sufficient. It is like if you have lost a bunch of keys in a dark place, instead of taking a light source and search where you lost it, blame others or searching under the street lights where you didNOT lose it.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:34 pm

FluteHolder wrote:+1. If nothing else, Ramakrishna's one book and/or Vivekananda's works alone is sufficient. It is like if you have lost a bunch of keys in a dark place, instead of taking a light source and search where you lost it, blame others or searching under the street lights where you did NOT lose it.

Worse still is that what is lost is a 'key' but we embarked on the search for a 'cross' :-).

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Silly Point Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:14 pm

smArtha wrote:
FluteHolder wrote:+1. If nothing else, Ramakrishna's one book and/or Vivekananda's works alone is sufficient. It is like if you have lost a bunch of keys in a dark place, instead of taking a light source and search where you lost it, blame others or searching under the street lights where you did NOT lose it.

Worse still is that what is lost is a 'key' but we embarked on the search for a 'cross' :-).

Sorry to but in but.. I thought when I read the title, it said another guru born in Xian ( a town in China) so like a Chinese Guru..

I click on to the title, and realized you meant Christian!

*sigh*

Krithi

Silly Point

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down