[Rishi] Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Rishi]

Go down

[Rishi] Empty [Rishi]

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:42 pm

Your thoughts?

----
Q: The burning of the coach of the Sabarmati Express at Godhra, which was used as an excuse by Modi and Hindutva outfits to launch a genocide of Muslims in Gujarat, has been much discussed. What do you feel actually happened at Godhra on that day?

A: It has been proved that the train carriage was not set on fire by a mob from outside. No inflammable liquid, contrary to what Modi and RSS leaders and others have alleged, was thrown from outside the train. So, the fire must have started from inside the train. Maybe this was an accident but, who knows, it may have been a pre-planned strategy to justify the genocide of Muslims. 

In an affidavit presented in October 2004 before the committee that investigated the burning of the coach I pointed out that Modi had delivered a very provocative speech to the so-called ‘kar sevaks’ going to Ayodhya. When they were returning from Ayodhya, these fanatics, fired by pseudo-religious frenzy, began shouting anti-Muslim slogans and harassing a Muslim girl at Godhra station. This must have been designed before hand and it resulted in a fracas with some Muslims outside. This was intentionally done, I believe.

I argued in my affidavit that the chain was deliberately pulled by the so-called ‘kar-sevaks’ at Signal Falia, a Muslim-dominated locality, so that chaos and violence could be unleashed. I asked in the affidavit why it was that some relatives of politically significant so-called ‘kar-sevaks’ were said to have been asked to get down at a station just before Godhra? Obviously, therefore, at least some of the so-called ‘kar sevaks’ possibly knew about this pre-planned strategy.

http://www.insafbulletin.net/archives/1116

Back to top Go down