sebelius is gone - victim of web site bungle Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sebelius is gone - victim of web site bungle

4 posters

Go down

sebelius is gone - victim of web site bungle Empty sebelius is gone - victim of web site bungle

Post by truthbetold Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:15 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/11/us/politics/sebelius-resigning-as-health-secretary.html?hp&_r=0

I said this long ago.  Web site was a mess.  Obama kept her around for a while to avoid giving more ammo to his opponents. Now that march 31 deadline is done.  The good news is she left after 7 million registrations.  Bad news is website left a lingering incompetence feeling around obama admin.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

sebelius is gone - victim of web site bungle Empty Re: sebelius is gone - victim of web site bungle

Post by michelle2 Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:29 am

truthbetold wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/11/us/politics/sebelius-resigning-as-health-secretary.html?hp&_r=0

I said this long ago.  Web site was a mess.  Obama kept her around for a while to avoid giving more ammo to his opponents. Now that march 31 deadline is done.  The good news is she left after 7 million registrations.  Bad news is website left a lingering incompetence feeling around obama admin.
sebelius may have been a political star before joining obama's team; but she must have been a naive manager if she expected her department's i.t. group to deliver a high-quality product on time. every competent manager knows that no i.t. group can be depended on to deliver its project or product unless it is coaxed, cajoled, prodded, or threatened with dire consequences every day.

michelle2

Back to top Go down

sebelius is gone - victim of web site bungle Empty Re: sebelius is gone - victim of web site bungle

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:36 am

michelle2 wrote:
truthbetold wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/11/us/politics/sebelius-resigning-as-health-secretary.html?hp&_r=0

sebelius may have been a political star before joining obama's team; but she must have been a naive manager if she expected her department's i.t. group to deliver a high-quality product on time. every competent manager knows that no i.t. group can be depended on to deliver its project or product unless it is coaxed, cajoled, prodded, or threatened with dire consequences every day.

Haha..you seem to have been badly burnt by those aerospace-engineers-turned-code-monkeys, Unkil. Do share the gory details.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:53 am

The website was badly mismanaged. But if by this time in 2017, we still think that was the worst case of incompetence on the part of the Obama administration, then it will go down as a highly competent administration overall. The 7 million mark was an important goal, and it has been met. It has been met with greater enrollment of young people, which bodes well for the long-term success of the ACA. Sebelius will be remembered for managing the most-important healthcare initiative in the history of the United States through some very tough times -- and she leaves after reaching the goal that the administration had set before the whole website fiasco.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:42 am

Idéfix wrote:The website was badly mismanaged. But if by this time in 2017, we still think that was the worst case of incompetence on the part of the Obama administration, then it will go down as a highly competent administration overall. The 7 million mark was an important goal, and it has been met. It has been met with greater enrollment of young people, which bodes well for the long-term success of the ACA. Sebelius will be remembered for managing the most-important healthcare initiative in the history of the United States through some very tough times -- and she leaves after reaching the goal that the administration had set before the whole website fiasco.
is that supposed to be a sebelius defence?
she was given a politically sensitive task and she screwdriver it up. You know that in corporate world she would have been fired on October 31.
the survival of aca is a different issue.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down