cro Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cro

5 posters

Go down

cro Empty cro

Post by Impedimenta Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:03 am

hey there!! how have you been? long time no hear..

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

cro Empty Re: cro

Post by CroMagnon Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:04 am

I'm doing great. Wrapped up the OC project. Started a new one in VA last week.

How was your India trip? Share your experiences.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:07 am

india trip was fantastic. got my full dose of dancing lessons and workouts in. of course, my kids had a wonderful time as well. met up with some friends and found out how much marriage and kids changed them:-) as i said my intention was to get in as many dancing lessons as possible and mission accomplished. time to now implement it here.

VA is it? having fun yet?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:11 am

Impedimenta wrote:met up with some friends and found out how much marriage and kids changed them:-)
For good or for worse?

Not really. Colleagues are all boring. I had the time of my life in SoCal. Had great colleagues and enjoyed as much as we worked. I knew it was only gonna be downhill from there, but didn't expect it to end up in a free fall :-)
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:21 am

CroMagnon wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:met up with some friends and found out how much marriage and kids changed them:-)
For good or for worse?

Not really. Colleagues are all boring. I had the time of my life in SoCal. Had great colleagues and enjoyed as much as we worked. I knew it was only gonna be downhill from there, but didn't expect it to end up in a free fall :-)

for worse, dude, definitely for worse. the women all talk like they skipped the 30s and went straight to their 50s. actually, i have several 50 year olds in my gym who are amazingly fun and hence should not be insulting them. the dudes are all seriously messed up in their heads and going through some form of mid life crises. what they should have done in their 20s, they are trying to make up for it now after wife and kids. its hard to have decent conversations with them anymore.

ya, VA is definitely not going to be as fun as OC. hopefully your project keeps you engrossed.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:15 am

so cro you are still based out of NJ? I mean you still have your house here? How does it work?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:23 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:so cro you are still based out of NJ? I mean you still have your house here? How does it work?

Cro travels across the country, raking in the money; the wifey visits him periodically with packages of roti-pyaaz-sabzi...:-)

And chips.

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:26 am

Impedimenta wrote:
CroMagnon wrote:
For good or for worse?

for worse, dude, definitely for worse. the women all talk like they skipped the 30s and went straight to their 50s. actually, i have several 50 year olds in my gym who are amazingly fun and hence should not be insulting them. the dudes are all seriously messed up in their heads and going through some form of mid life crises. what they should have done in their 20s, they are trying to make up for it now after wife and kids. its hard to have decent conversations with them anymore.

ya, VA is definitely not going to be as fun as OC. hopefully your project keeps you engrossed.

first step towards Auntydom is denial about your friends' auntydom. that turns to anger..then acceptance.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:30 am

Impedimenta wrote:
CroMagnon wrote:
For good or for worse?

LOL. That is not much different from what I have observed.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:32 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:so cro you are still based out of NJ? I mean you still have your house here? How does it work?

Yes, I'm still in NJ. I have been travelling - Monday to Thrusday, as usual. I flew to DC the first week, but this week I took the train. Train is a much better option, even though getting to the DC Union Station and boarding the train there is a bit of a pain.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:35 am

Impedimenta wrote:[

50 year olds in my gym who are amazingly fun and hence should not be insulting them. the dudes are all seriously messed up in their heads and going through some form of mid life crises. what they should have done in their 20s, they are trying to make up for it now after wife and kids. its hard to have decent conversations with them anymore.

Well said,agree 200%
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:48 am

I would prefer driving to DC... rent a car if you are reimbursed for it. What car do you use when in DC?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:50 am

CroMagnon wrote:

Yes, I'm still in NJ. I have been travelling - Monday to Thrusday, as usual. I flew to DC the first week, but this week I took the train. Train is a much better option, even though getting to the DC Union Station and boarding the train there is a bit of a pain.

While traveling to Maryland from Jersey, I've always preferred the train...so much more comfortable.

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:02 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:I would prefer driving to DC... rent a car if you are reimbursed for it. What car do you use when in DC?

There is no advantage of driving.

1. You waste 4 hours driving when you can be doing other stuff.
2. You can hit traffic, which I have been told can be horrible.
3. You are adding to the pollution.

I get a rental there anyways, so it is not like I'm without a car there.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:08 pm

good points. as such amtrak is much faster. I did that a couple of times travelling metropark to boston.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:25 pm

CroMagnon wrote: I flew to DC the first week

you know, when a plane is up in the air, there is a rather strong probability that it might fall down. just saying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:32 pm

Talking about planes, yday I was a mess (only from the inside). both kids were flying out by themselves... for the first time. Which meant my entire jaan depended on that small jet.

On top of it, it was 2-3 hours late. So we sat there waiting. Sonny was a bit emotional leaving me. So was daughter.

By the time they went in I was freaking out inside. I had been profiling other travellers, and this one guy with beard-no-mustache kept spooking me out. More coz he was so restless that he kept walking back and forth in the line.

I kept fretting, even if mildly... finally K was like, if you are so worried ask the kids to come out. Well, couldn't do that... and kept feeling guilty of profiling like this. Finally took the names of God (which means many SMS to bajrang bali), and convinced myself nothing will happen to my kids.

Came home, and could relax only when daughter texted that they have landed.

Phew...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:30 am

well yes, the only time i feel relaxed is when the entire family is traveling in the same plane.

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:27 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
CroMagnon wrote: I flew to DC the first week

you know, when a plane is up in the air, there is a rather strong probability that it might fall down. just saying.

LOL. Yes, I have the same fear, but it is irrational - Planes are the safest mode of transportation.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:42 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:Talking about planes, yday I was a mess (only from the inside). both kids were flying out by themselves... for the first time. Which meant my entire jaan depended on that small jet.

By the time they went in I was freaking out inside. I had been profiling other travellers, and this one guy with beard-no-mustache kept spooking me out. More coz he was so restless that he kept walking back and forth in the line.

I kept fretting, even if mildly... finally K was like, if you are so worried ask the kids to come out. Well, couldn't do that... and kept feeling guilty of profiling like this. Finally took the names of God (which means many SMS to bajrang bali), and convinced myself nothing will happen to my kids.

Came home, and could relax only when daughter texted that they have landed.

Phew...

If I had written the same sentences, I would have been hounded by the secular maulanas of CH.

Profiling is a natural thing for human beings, and "fakularists" deny it to show off themselves as some sort of Uber-humans.

Profiling is like farting - EVERYONE does it at sometime, while denying it and and at the same time badmouthing it.

So are you enjoying your mini-honeymoon, you lonesome lovebirds?

(My wifecation - vacation due to wife leaving town AKA maication - starts in a week.)

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:49 am

well I kept fretting coz he had a big red backpack, and was pacing himself, and the guy with him also looked like the kind interpol would be after.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:44 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:well I kept fretting coz he had a big red backpack, and was pacing himself, and the guy with him also looked like the kind interpol would be after.

Sorry....accept that it was the beard with no mustache. no interpol, back pack, pacing etc... It is the trademark beard.

(once I had a Saffron swami next to me from NY to London and then a Mullah from PA from London to Delhi.) But that was during the pre-Osama days.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:50 am

well I come from a place that has suffered many hindu muslim riots... so it will take some time to get over this. If it makes a difference, even the images of sufi sikhs used to make me scared. 84 riots were crazy where I lived. Been a while since I saw them. Also, I NEVER look into the eyes of ANY priest.... coz am told they know how to hypnotize.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:24 am

Valid fear. I have to work hard to remove those fears in my disciplees.

Still...it is that beard w/o mustache.....Wink

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum