Tracy joins the party - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tracy joins the party

+6
Hellsangel
Impedimenta
artood2
Silhouette
Another Brick
charvaka
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tracy joins the party - Page 2 Empty Re: Tracy joins the party

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:57 am

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:And i think so is Admin Charvaka now that he knows what i know about his uncle.
If you think I am not going to point it out when you use the Rashmun Method to defend your heroes Diggy and the Empress, just because you will go batshit crazy talking about my uncle, you are wrong.

--> Go ahead and talk of the Rashmun Method. I shall counter by using the 'Charvaka Uncle' Method. I shall also use the very effective Seva Method on you.

Congratulations, and thank you.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:01 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Rashmun wrote:--> Sirjee, it is common etiquette that you don't fight beyond a level with someone from who you have actually learnt from. For years Charvaka was bothering me for clarifications on Indian philosophy--Charvaka school, Nyaya-Vaisesika school, svabhava vada, views of Adi Sankara, etc. And now because we have a disagreement about regionalism and our opinion of Digvijay Singh, he promptly coins the phrase 'Rashmun Method' to attack me and my posts, and goes around using words like 'shameless liar'.

--> if he would have been really neutral, he would not have repeatedly ridiculed me by pointing out that the negative votes against me should be considered an indicator of my credibility on this forum. tracy gave me 10 negative votes in a matter of minutes. both charvaka and uppili admit to giving me negative votes. so how can negative votes against a poster be considered an indicator of credibility.

yes, your points are well taken. also you said charvaka cast 30 minus votes against you. he actually cast 6. still that raises eyebrows. numbers are not important -- be they 6 or 30. but casting negative votes as an admin is rather shameful. and tracy and uppilli doing the same is more shameful (verging on vindictive). it alters my own perception about them. i think this voting feature should be removed.

considering that charvaka learnt much from you about indian philosophy (which he self-avowedly has not much knowledge of), he should have exercised some restraint before going ballistic on you. i suppose we can only hope that people will learn. i have faith in charvaka (as in any other poster -- i am an optimist).

by the way, you don't have to call me sir. Smile

--> i approve of this post. just one clarification: i did say that he had cast 30 negative votes and that he had cast multiple negative votes for me. i never said he cast all the 30 negative votes for me. if he told you this over private messaging, then he is lying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:10 pm

HK, it wasn't purely vindication. I did vote down ALL of his posts in which he was clearly lying.

Whether voting system would be there or not, it doesn't matter. Point is, it was brought to limelight and I decided to use it. Rashmun can cry foul, but the fact is, I did find those posts offensive.

I used the voting a little bit today too. I voted + on 5-6 messages, and probably 1-2 -ves.. were they on Rashmun's post? Yes. Unless someone else also comes up with grotesque lies, it will be only him that would keep getting -ve votes from me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:12 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:HK, it wasn't purely vindication. I did vote down ALL of his posts in which he was clearly lying.

Whether voting system would be there or not, it doesn't matter. Point is, it was brought to limelight and I decided to use it. Rashmun can cry foul, but the fact is, I did find those posts offensive.

I used the voting a little bit today too. I voted + on 5-6 messages, and probably 1-2 -ves.. were they on Rashmun's post? Yes. Unless someone else also comes up with grotesque lies, it will be only him that would keep getting -ve votes from me.

--> Someone whose own credibility is in the mud, after she backstabbed her good buddy QueenBee by revealing personal things they discussed on Sulekha CH, now tries to justify the 10 negative votes in a matter of minutes to me. Just as she pathetically tried to justify her registering the QueenBee handle on this forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:45 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:but casting negative votes as an admin is rather shameful.
I disagree. I have as much right to like or dislike posts as much as any other user on the forum has. There is no point in me putting in the effort to administer the forum, if that means I have less rights than any regular poster. I am going to vote posts (not posters) based on my likes and dislikes like anyone else. My vote counts exactly the same as yours, and I don't see why I should restrict myself.

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:i think this voting feature should be removed.
Perhaps -- I am going to think about that. I also would like other posters' views on this. If there is broad consensus that this should go, I will remove it. Otherwise my personal inclination is to leave it on for a couple of months and see how it shakes out.

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:he should have exercised some restraint before going ballistic on you.
I did. I gave him the benefit of the doubt every time he started writing falsehoods about me. I gave him ample opportunity to do his research before shooting his mouth off. Not only did he fail to use that opportunity, he continued to repeat his lies after I gave him evidence that they were lies.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:52 pm

Charvaka wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:he should have exercised some restraint before going ballistic on you.
I did. I gave him the benefit of the doubt every time he started writing falsehoods about me. I gave him ample opportunity to do his research before shooting his mouth off. Not only did he fail to use that opportunity, he continued to repeat his lies after I gave him evidence that they were lies.

--> yeah right! Like threatening to withdraw his approval of my posts on Indian philosophy because we disagreed on regionalism and Digvijay Singh!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:53 pm

Charvaka wrote:
Perhaps -- I am going to think about that. I also would like other posters' views on this. If there is broad consensus that this should go, I will remove it. Otherwise my personal inclination is to leave it on for a couple of months and see how it shakes out.

--> I suggest that we have a poll on this, Admin Charvaka.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:05 pm

Rashmun wrote:it is common etiquette that you don't fight beyond a level with someone from who you have actually learnt from.
If I craved your approval as much as you clearly crave mine, I would have pointed out all the things which you learned from me. But those things didn't stop you from deliberately lying about me, although I was giving you the benefit of the doubt for your false claims!

Rashmun wrote:Like threatening to withdraw his approval of my posts on Indian
philosophy
Oh no, are you worried that I will "withdraw" my approval? This is hilarious! lol!
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:10 pm

"yes, your points are well taken. also you said charvaka cast 30
minus votes against you. he actually cast 6. still that raises eyebrows.
numbers are not important -- be they 6 or 30. but casting negative
votes as an admin is rather shameful. and tracy and uppilli doing the
same is more shameful (verging on vindictive). it alters my own
perception about them. i think this voting feature should be removed."
I totally agree with your suggestion. Ban/remove the vindictive + and- votes. Give *s instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:12 pm

Keep the +/-, its fun.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:16 pm

artood2 wrote:Keep the +/-, its fun.
No it is not. let's take a vote on who wants them gone. It is not done with good intentions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:16 pm

Bringing people down is not fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:20 pm

Dear Kripalu/Priya, what did you say was the ethnicity of your late husband?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:22 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Charvaka wrote:

--> I suggest that we have a poll on this, Admin Charvaka.

i approve of this message. i have run out of voting so i cannot vote rashmun's post up.

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:24 pm

Priya wrote:Bringing people down is not fun.

Then vote up the people and let them be excited.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:27 pm

artood2 wrote:
Priya wrote:Bringing people down is not fun.

Then vote up the people and let them be excited.
Good point, let every one just use + all the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:29 pm

Priya wrote:Good point, let every one just use + all the time.
That is my preferred option. I couldn't find a way to remove the - button. I am going to look for a way next time I login as admin.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:30 pm

charvaka wrote:
That is my preferred option. I couldn't find a way to remove the - button. I am going to look for a way next time I login as admin.
Why?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:32 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
charvaka wrote:
Why?
Because it creates a lot of negative energy -- like it did with Rashmun. In hindsight, I shouldn't have pointed out the negative votes to him. I thought I would help him understand how his credibility gets eroded because of the methods he uses, but that purpose was never served, with the discussion becoming all about the voting system instead.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:34 pm

artood2 wrote:Keep the +/-, its fun.

Agree... Only those who take CH too seriously and sissy whiners will oppose this.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:22 am

I can't believe how retarded you guys are. Seriously. Such serious discussions about the fucking votes on this forum! Grow up, I say.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2