China to start Ant-terror operations Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

China to start Ant-terror operations

+6
indophile
Propagandhi711
MaxEntropy_Man
rawemotions
Kris
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
10 posters

Go down

China to start Ant-terror operations Empty China to start Ant-terror operations

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 07, 2014 12:31 pm

......err... anti-muslim operations... I bet our anti-hindu, iSlamic apologists will condemn this witch hunt against their brethren.iSlamic

Oh...wait... it is being carried out by Chinese... Then it should be fair and fine.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

China to start Ant-terror operations Empty Re: China to start Ant-terror operations

Post by Kris Wed May 07, 2014 8:58 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

......err... anti-muslim operations... I bet our anti-hindu, iSlamic apologists will condemn this witch hunt against their brethren.iSlamic

Oh...wait... it is being carried out by Chinese... Then it should be fair and fine.

>>> I thought they would have had one for many years now, given their Uyghur issues.

Kris

Back to top Go down

China to start Ant-terror operations Empty Re: China to start Ant-terror operations

Post by rawemotions Wed May 07, 2014 9:54 pm

Kris wrote:

>>> I thought they would have had one for many years now, given their Uyghur issues.
You are correct. Knowing the political Islamist doctrine masquerading as religion in mosques, China has an active strategy to combat Political Islam at a fundamental level, knowing that Political Islam threatens every Chinese citizen's well being and breeds terror in the long term.  Every sermon in a mosque is controlled / monitored by the state. They also control educational materials being dished out to young minds. So they have a two pronged strategy, with one combating it ideologically and another that goes militarily after the trouble makers who cannot be reformed.

Last edited by rawemotions on Wed May 07, 2014 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed May 07, 2014 9:57 pm

yes china is the paragon of fighting religious terrorism. we can also learn from their strategy of fighting buddhist terrorism in tibet.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu May 08, 2014 9:05 am

bicoastals' concern now suddenly extends to buddhists. this is like an awakening of sorts

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Thu May 08, 2014 9:10 am

rawemotions wrote:
Kris wrote:

You are correct. Knowing the political Islamist doctrine masquerading as religion in mosques, China has an active strategy to combat Political Islam at a fundamental level, knowing that Political Islam threatens every Chinese citizen's well being and breeds terror in the long term.  Every sermon in a mosque is controlled / monitored by the state. They also control educational materials being dished out to young minds. So they have a two pronged strategy, with one combating it ideologically and another that goes militarily after the trouble makers who cannot be reformed.
I hear Singapore (a non-communist state) does it too, i.e., monitoring those sermons and "educational" material.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu May 08, 2014 9:54 am

Singapore... Another authoritarian one-party state from which there is much to learn about freedom of religion.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Thu May 08, 2014 10:02 am

Idéfix wrote:Singapore... Another authoritarian one-party state from which there is much to learn about freedom of religion.
France, ok?

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu May 08, 2014 10:03 am

What about France? I like their head scarf ban.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu May 08, 2014 10:14 am

Idéfix wrote:Singapore... Another authoritarian one-party state from which there is much to learn about freedom of religion.

>>>In reality, the Singapore model is not that far off the mark, considering the local ground realities. Total freedom is an idea whose viability is directly proportional to the long term wealth of a nation. There are also other dimensions to it such as the cultural baggage between the co-existing demographics, the religions or philosophies involved of the groups etc. Of course, even in that scenario, it cannot still be a free-for-all. Much as I am not a big fan of governments getting involved in day to day matters, if the people are ready to tear each other part over everything, there does need to be a law and order setup that anticipates it.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Thu May 08, 2014 10:15 am

France monitors its mosques and keeps tabs on Imams' sermons.
I believe Germany does too.

Last edited by indophile on Thu May 08, 2014 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu May 08, 2014 10:17 am

indophile wrote:France monitors its mosques and keeps tabs on Imam's sermons.
I believe Germany does too.

>>>I thought this was true of the UK as well.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Thu May 08, 2014 10:18 am

Does India do it? I don't think it does. There are too many of them.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu May 08, 2014 10:23 am

Kris wrote:

>>>In reality, the Singapore model is not that far off the mark, considering the local ground realities. Total freedom is an idea whose viability is directly proportional to the long term wealth of a nation. There are also other dimensions to it such as the cultural baggage between the co-existing demographics, the religions or philosophies involved of the groups etc. Of course, even in that scenario, it cannot still be a free-for-all. Much as I am not a big fan of governments getting involved in day to day matters, if the people are ready to tear each other part over everything, there does need to be a law and order setup that anticipates it.
I don't think Singapore had much of a "people tearing each other apart" scenario going when it became an authoritarian regime.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu May 08, 2014 10:28 am

indophile wrote:Does India do it? I don't think it does. There are too many of them.
I think it varies across the country. In some places -- like Hyderabad -- I have heard from senior police officers that they do keep tabs on what is being said by the "troublemaker" Imams. This probably holds true in other places as well. But the monitoring and coercion is less than it is in China, Singapore, or most Arab countries (where the regimes strictly control what Imams say in mosques).
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu May 08, 2014 10:28 am

Idéfix wrote:
Kris wrote:

I don't think Singapore had much of a "people tearing each other apart" scenario going when it became an authoritarian regime.

>>Probably not, but LKY probably knew to scale this city state up to first world standards in short order, he could not take chances with potential conflicts. Of course, given the size of Singapore, it could be managed more like a company than a country and he had fewer people that had to buy in.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Thu May 08, 2014 10:53 am

Are these colonies of ants armed and trained to infiltrate china's muslim groups, or small, reddish-brown chinese people trained to infiltrate and spy on muslim ants living in ant colonies?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu May 08, 2014 10:56 am

swapna wrote:Are these colonies of ants armed and trained to infiltrate china's muslim groups, or small, reddish-brown chinese people trained to infiltrate and spy on muslim ants living in ant colonies?

Ammachi made a funny. Ha ha!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu May 08, 2014 11:30 am

indophile wrote:
France, ok?

liberal utopians like to take economics lessons from french marxist economists but they havent found their ideal country from "freedom" perspective yet.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Thu May 08, 2014 11:32 am

Hellsangel wrote:
swapna wrote:Are these colonies of ants armed and trained to infiltrate china's muslim groups, or small, reddish-brown chinese people trained to infiltrate and spy on muslim ants living in ant colonies?

Noooooo! We're dead serious, and are trying to protect china, france, singapore, tibet, and hyderabad from tiny, energetic, disciplined terrorists who are hauling provisions to their hill all day long. Please keep your frivolous comments to yourself.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu May 08, 2014 11:39 am

swapna wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Noooooo! We're dead serious, and are trying to protect china, france, singapore, tibet, and hyderabad from tiny, energetic, disciplined terrorists who are hauling provisions to their hill all day long. Please keep your frivolous comments to yourself.

vitness the 70+ diapered one going on 13

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu May 08, 2014 11:40 am

Kris wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Kris wrote:

>>Probably not, but LKY probably knew to scale this city state up to first world standards in short order, he could not take chances with potential conflicts. Of course, given the size of Singapore, it could be managed more like a company than a country and he had fewer people that had to buy in.

you mean he didnt have a 20-20 visioned rearview mirror in his office?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu May 08, 2014 12:04 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Kris wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Kris wrote:

It is interesting how those who rail against big government in the US can be counted on to support authoritarian dictatorships as long as they are not leftist.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu May 08, 2014 12:14 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Kris wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Kris wrote:

It is interesting how those who rail against big government in the US can be counted on to support authoritarian dictatorships as long as they are not leftist.

Yes. Singapore is a horrible place according to this Human rights' report:

http://www.state.gov/j/drl/rls/hrrpt/humanrightsreport/index.htm?year=2013&dlid=220229#wrapper
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu May 08, 2014 1:06 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Kris wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Kris wrote:

isn't it a liberal refrain that everything that works in america does not necessarily work everywhere in the world and people should be free to select their own form of govt? or are you of the camp that likes to export big govt, strident secularism & marxist economic policy to all parts of the world?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu May 08, 2014 1:09 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Kris wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

isn't it a liberal refrain that everything that works in america does not necessarily work everywhere in the world and people should be free to select their own form of govt? or are you of the camp that likes to export big govt, strident secularism & marxist economic policy to all parts of the world?
I believe that free speech and freedom of religion are not optional goodies that only the rich or western countries should provide to their citizens. I think they are universal rights. I don't think there is anything Marxist about that. I don't even think that is particularly left-of-center. I do believe that progressive, left-of-center economic policies are appropriate in all societies. Some societies are to the right of what I think is appropriate (e.g. the US) and some to the left (e.g. Cuba).
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu May 08, 2014 1:14 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Kris wrote:

I believe that free speech and freedom of religion are not optional goodies that only the rich or western countries should provide to their citizens. I think they are universal rights. I don't think there is anything Marxist about that. I don't even think that is particularly left-of-center. I do believe that progressive, left-of-center economic policies are appropriate in all societies. Some societies are to the right of what I think is appropriate (e.g. the US) and some to the left (e.g. Cuba).

good you use the example of US and cuba. tell me which one needs your help in form of economic prescriptions more, cuba or US and therein lies the crux of my issue with left wingers

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu May 08, 2014 1:19 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

good you use the example of US and cuba. tell me which one needs your help in form of economic prescriptions more, cuba or US and therein lies the crux of my issue with left wingers
If I thought the US needed more help than Cuba, I would have tried to live in Cuba, not the US. I chose to live here because I like this system. But unlike CONservatives, I am not blind to the problems with this system.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu May 08, 2014 2:35 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

If I thought the US needed more help than Cuba, I would have tried to live in Cuba, not the US. I chose to live here because I like this system. But unlike CONservatives, I am not blind to the problems with this system.

so you are trying to cure a system of the characteristics that allowed it to prosper and drew you to it. got it

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu May 08, 2014 3:08 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

so you are trying to cure a system of the characteristics that allowed it to prosper and drew you to it. got it
That's your (incorrect) reading of it. What allowed the US to prosper is the strong middle class, high social mobility, good balance between labor and capital, low income inequality, excellent publicly-funded infrastructure, and the strong public education system that it built up after WWII. I would like the US to return to those practices, rather than the ones that have produced anemic growth and increasing inequality since the '80s.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Thu May 08, 2014 3:14 pm

Idéfix wrote:I believe that free speech and freedom of religion are not optional goodies that only the rich or western countries should provide to their citizens. I think they are universal rights.

If a religion preaches and practices cannibalism, it should be allowed freedom of speech and freedom of religion, cuz those are universal rights. Got it.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu May 08, 2014 3:18 pm

SomeProfile wrote:
Idéfix wrote:I believe that free speech and freedom of religion are not optional goodies that only the rich or western countries should provide to their citizens. I think they are universal rights.

If a religion preaches and practices cannibalism, it should be allowed freedom of speech and freedom of religion, cuz those are universal rights. Got it.

For Libbies, it is freedom of religion except when it offends their beliefs.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu May 08, 2014 3:21 pm

SomeProfile wrote:

If a religion preaches cannibalism, it should be free to speak about that religion, and to believe in that religion. But that does not mean believers of that religion can kill other people and eat them. Freedom of speech and religion are not the only universal rights. The right to life and liberty are universal too.

PS: Just because some Hindus believe in cannibalism, I don't think religious rights of Hindus should be restricted: http://www.today.com/id/9842124#.U2vnf_n3y3t
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu May 08, 2014 3:25 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
SomeProfile wrote:

For Libbies, it is freedom of religion except when it offends their beliefs.
When religious practices offend their beliefs, liberals speak out about it. That is free speech.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Thu May 08, 2014 3:26 pm

Idéfix wrote:
SomeProfile wrote:

If a religion preaches cannibalism, it should be free to speak about that religion, and to believe in that religion. But that does not mean believers of that religion can kill other people and eat them. Freedom of speech and religion are not the only universal rights. The right to life and liberty are universal too.

Very good point! Preaching cannibalism regularly to poor, hungry people will ensure that they remain vegetarians who won't harm anyone. Poor, hungry people who are preached cannibalism during daily/weekly prayers by their community leaders take time out in the night to learn such profound concepts as right to life and liberty. Therefore, they remain vegetarian and don't harm anyone. Excellent point!

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri May 09, 2014 1:05 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

That's your (incorrect) reading of it. What allowed the US to prosper is the strong middle class, high social mobility, good balance between labor and capital, low income inequality, excellent publicly-funded infrastructure, and the strong public education system that it built up after WWII. I would like the US to return to those practices, rather than the ones that have produced anemic growth and increasing inequality since the '80s.

did this social mobility, income equality etc exist before 1950s? or was it only between 1950s-1980 which you state as the golden period? and since you said in the past you want US to return to 1969-1982 period of high stagflation I have some context there.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri May 09, 2014 2:37 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

did this social mobility, income equality etc exist before 1950s? or was it only between 1950s-1980 which you state as the golden period? and since you said in the past you want US to return to 1969-1982 period of high stagflation I have some context there.

Stay tuned for Perot's Charts...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down