if you have to listen to dil, deewana and duniya songs Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

if you have to listen to dil, deewana and duniya songs

5 posters

Go down

if you have to listen to dil, deewana and duniya songs Empty if you have to listen to dil, deewana and duniya songs

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:34 pm

this guy kicks ass way more than the mangeshkars and bhosles of the world:

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

if you have to listen to dil, deewana and duniya songs Empty Re: if you have to listen to dil, deewana and duniya songs

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:38 pm

there's an ineffable meditative quality to the music that i absolutely adore about this song.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

if you have to listen to dil, deewana and duniya songs Empty Re: if you have to listen to dil, deewana and duniya songs

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:42 pm

It ain't over till the fat dude sings?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:55 pm

Hellsangel wrote:It ain't over till the fat dude sings?

you bet! the fat guy is such an amazing musician. died way too young.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:56 pm

can't stand this kind of music.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:58 pm

bw wrote:can't stand this kind of music.

this kind of music as in qawwalis in general or electronified qawwalis?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:00 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

qawwalis and ghazals. both don't appeal to me. a pakistani friend of mine gave me a CD of nusrat fateh ali khan many years ago praising it to the hilt. i tried hard to enjoy it but just could not get into it.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:02 pm

i don't like ghazals. too sentimental for me, but there is something wonderful about qawwalis -- crazy, meditative, dervish stuff.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:04 pm

instant put offs for me are country music and opera.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:12 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i don't like ghazals. too sentimental for me, but there is something wonderful about qawwalis -- crazy, meditative, dervish stuff.

ghazals always transport me to seedy indian restaurants and reminds me of the goop they serve as aloo gobi/palak paneer etc. bad association.

qawwalis are a bit too loud and violent to my ears and they keep repeating the same line over and over again.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:20 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:instant put offs for me are country music and opera.

country music - bleh!
opera - good. was listening to carmen by bizet recently.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:21 pm

opera sounds violent to my ears.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:23 pm

bw wrote:

country music - bleh!

>>>I like the country rock genre to some extent and likewise with Opera, but ghazals etc. can't get into it.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:27 pm

Kris wrote:
bw wrote:

country music - bleh!

>>>I like the country rock genre to some extent and likewise with Opera, but ghazals etc. can't get into it.

that's a little surprising considering that you like hindi cinema music which is dripping with sentimentality. aren't ghazals just a more concentrated version of the same drivel?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:43 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kris wrote:
bw wrote:

country music - bleh!

that's a little surprising considering that you like hindi cinema music which is dripping with sentimentality.  aren't ghazals just a more concentrated version of the same drivel?

>>>My interest in music is all over the map. If I had to rank it, it would be something along the lines of soft/medium rock, western classical to some extent(in which I have had no formal education), indian popular stuff- tamil (partial to mgr) and hindi (rafi/dev anand), but over all it is pretty arbitrary and I can't put my finger on why I like certain types of music.  It may be that different kinds of music trigger different associations in my brain. It is definitely true of the indian stuff. Come to think of it, that may be true of the rock genre as well.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:06 am

bw wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

qawwalis and ghazals. both don't appeal to me. a pakistani friend of mine gave me a CD of nusrat fateh ali khan many years ago praising it to the hilt. i tried hard to enjoy it but just could not get into it.
>>>Same thing happened to me. I still have the CD somewhere. My son likes different ethnic genres. Maybe he'd have some interest it.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:38 pm

this has been on a continuous loop for some days now. can't get it out of my system yet.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:53 pm

that one is a bit more sophisticated than his other usual stuff. this one is more dil-phek type.

teri behki behki nigah ne
mujhe ek sharabi bana diya

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:33 pm

what is a "dil-phek type"?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:56 pm

i was very young when he died. i always felt like there was something stuck in his throat and that he wasn't singing dil khol ke ... like he wanted to but couldnt bcoz he was fat and voice wont come out with ease. 
it was painful to watch him sing.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:00 pm

seven wrote:i was very young when he died. i always felt like there was something stuck in his throat and that he wasn't singing dil khol ke ... like he wanted to but couldnt bcoz he was fat and voice wont come out with ease. 

i am not a fan of pretty voices, so really don't care about the raspiness or the high pitched nature of his voice. i don't like all his stuff, but like a lot of his stuff. this song (in my first post in this thread) really concentrates the mind while working on things that require a single-minded focus.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:26 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
seven wrote:i was very young when he died. i always felt like there was something stuck in his throat and that he wasn't singing dil khol ke ... like he wanted to but couldnt bcoz he was fat and voice wont come out with ease. 

i am not a fan of pretty voices, so really don't care about the raspiness or the high pitched nature of his voice. i don't like all his stuff, but like a lot of his stuff. this song (in my first post in this thread) really concentrates the mind while working on things that require a single-minded focus.
he was no doubt a great singer. i loved his bandit queen songs, mora saiyan to hai pardes and sanware were awesome. maybe you've heard...

Last edited by seven on Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : he was, not is)

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:11 am

Oops my thumb clicked the negative vote while I was scrolling.  Can't undo it too.

Max, Dil Phek aashiq. Sorta like a Romeo or someone who frequently and profusely proclaims his love, and not for just one woman. This kinda total-submission song is most likely to be used by such a person to either express his feelings or to try to make the women believe of his love.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down