Car paint Question Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car paint Question

+3
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Hellsangel
Mosquito
7 posters

Go down

Car paint Question Empty Car paint Question

Post by Mosquito Tue May 03, 2011 10:09 pm

I bought a new Prius 10 days back. Today I scratched the bumper pretty bad, as I couldn't see the curb. I'vent even received the license plate yet. I want to fix it. Any suggestions? Can I buy a spray paint & rub it with sandpaper and spray paint? If I take it to a shop how much is it going to cost?
Mosquito
Mosquito

Back to top Go down

Car paint Question Empty Re: Car paint Question

Post by Hellsangel Tue May 03, 2011 10:12 pm

Upward of $300.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2011 11:53 pm

Ouch! thats gotta hurt !!
watever u do, do not spray paint it Smile)

i say leave it as it is...it will be like a kala teeka on your new car and it will prevent future damages to your car Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 04, 2011 12:04 am

PseudoIntellectual wrote:I bought a new Prius 10 days back. Today I scratched the bumper pretty bad, as I couldn't see the curb. I'vent even received the license plate yet. I want to fix it. Any suggestions? Can I buy a spray paint & rub it with sandpaper and spray paint? If I take it to a shop how much is it going to cost?

Don't it is brand new. Painting and body work is NOT a simple thing. Nothing worse in this world than driving a brand new dented 10-day Prius. Your insurance should cover - looking EASILY at a $1000 bill. Your insurance - assuming you have a loan and naturally a comprehensive coverage (it will go up next cycle).

That is why i never, never buy a new car.....Razz

No woman has ever driven a new car for 1 year.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Wed May 04, 2011 12:56 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
PseudoIntellectual wrote:I bought a new Prius 10 days back. Today I scratched the bumper pretty bad, as I couldn't see the curb. I'vent even received the license plate yet. I want to fix it. Any suggestions? Can I buy a spray paint & rub it with sandpaper and spray paint? If I take it to a shop how much is it going to cost?

Don't it is brand new. Painting and body work is NOT a simple thing. Nothing worse in this world than driving a brand new dented 10-day Prius. Your insurance should cover - looking EASILY at a $1000 bill. Your insurance - assuming you have a loan and naturally a comprehensive coverage (it will go up next cycle).

$500-$600 max without insurance. You will get a new bumper for $1000. Check with your dealer for any warranties.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2011 12:59 am

What do you mean?

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed May 04, 2011 1:27 am

uppili - yessir!

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 04, 2011 1:54 am

artood2 wrote:
$500-$600 max without insurance. You will get a new bumper for $1000. Check with your dealer for any warranties.

But, I am quite sure PI bought the car with a loan. No bank will give a loan without a compr. insurance on the car. It means, she WILL have to pay through insurance - there will be a 300 to 500 deductible - Usually, body shoppers will "replace" the part and paint - To retain the car value and to satisfy the bank - she will have no choice but to replace with a OEM bumper. Either way she is out of $500. Every body shopper knows she has a comp ins. meaning they will charge $1500.

No woman has driven a new car for more than 1 year - meaning they will always get a dent on their new car before that - usually within 2 months (Exceptions do apply)

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Wed May 04, 2011 1:57 am

artood2 wrote:

But, I am quite sure PI bought the car with a loan. No bank will give a loan without a compr. insurance on the car. It means, she WILL have to pay through insurance - there will be a 300 to 500 deductible - Usually, body shoppers will "replace" the part and paint - To retain the car value and to satisfy the bank - she will have no choice but to replace with a OEM bumper. Either way she is out of $500. Every body shopper knows she has a comp ins. meaning they will charge $1500.

No woman has driven a new car for more than 1 year - meaning they will always get a dent on their new car before that - usually within 2 months (Exceptions do apply)

A OEM bumper does not cost that much. A new bumper plus labor would come to 900-1000 bucks. If bumper is not changed (most likely) $500-$600 for work done with lifetime warranty.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mosquito Wed May 04, 2011 1:59 am

There are no dents. It is the paint that is gone. I will paint it myself.
Mosquito
Mosquito

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Wed May 04, 2011 2:00 am

PseudoIntellectual wrote:There are no dents. It is the paint that is gone. I will paint it myself.
You will probably make it look worse unless you have done that before.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 04, 2011 2:03 am

Another Brick wrote:

uppili - yessir! [/quote]

who is Uppili? I am an admirer of Mitch Daniels....Razz

I think Mucho or Nevada also has never bought a new car.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 04, 2011 2:05 am

artood2 wrote:
A OEM bumper does not cost that much. A new bumper plus labor would come to 900-1000 bucks. If bumper is not changed (most likely) $500-$600 for work done with lifetime warranty.

Bookmark this thread. Let PI take it to a body shopper or the insurance guys and let us know.

BTW, PI may have to inform the insurance company of the body damage. She better check (someone other than the insurance agent.)

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed May 04, 2011 3:59 am

I wouldn't do it if I were you. I can give you the name of a body shop in the east bay, if you don't mind the drive. Just got my wife's beemer done.. reasonable price and quality of work was good. Check with your insurance if this is covered.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Arwen LOTR Wed May 04, 2011 8:31 am

Ouch.... that got to hurt...

10 day prius - prudence says - get it fixed....

Arwen LOTR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down