Flimmy/Swap-na/it; MaxE; BW and other Inglis masters Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flimmy/Swap-na/it; MaxE; BW and other Inglis masters

4 posters

Go down

Flimmy/Swap-na/it; MaxE; BW and other Inglis masters Empty Flimmy/Swap-na/it; MaxE; BW and other Inglis masters

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:51 pm

“My delegation is of the view that the adoption of the TF (trade facilitation) Protocol be postponed till a permanent solution on public stockholding for food security is found,” Indian ambassador to the WTO Anjali Prasad said at Friday’s Geneva meet.

I am pretty sure that AdOption is EXCLUSIVELY used in case of Child adoption, and not to be used in other contexts.

Shouldn't India's WTO rep Anjali prasad be using AdAption in this instance?...

Please clarify...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Flimmy/Swap-na/it; MaxE; BW and other Inglis masters Empty Re: Flimmy/Swap-na/it; MaxE; BW and other Inglis masters

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:55 pm

to adapt is to modify or to adjust to a new set of circumstances. in this case adoption is more appropriate, since the protocol is being accepted presumably without any changes.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Flimmy/Swap-na/it; MaxE; BW and other Inglis masters Empty Re: Flimmy/Swap-na/it; MaxE; BW and other Inglis masters

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:04 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:to adapt is to modify or to adjust to a new set of circumstances. in this case adoption is more appropriate, since the protocol is being accepted presumably without any changes.

I suspected that....but have not seen this often and hard to accept.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:07 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:to adapt is to modify or to adjust to a new set of circumstances. in this case adoption is more appropriate, since the protocol is being accepted presumably without any changes.

I suspected that....but have not seen this often and hard to accept.

why don't you adopt a policy of being open minded about these things?

ps: i am no master but the usage seems perfectly fine to me.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:31 pm

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/adoption

adopting a bill, adopting a resolution, adopting ideas   - widely used.  

Max clarified the difference between adapting and adoption.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:12 pm

truthbetold wrote:http://www.thefreedictionary.com/adoption

adopting a bill, adopting a resolution, adopting ideas   - widely used.  

Max clarified the difference between adapting and adoption.

Ok and ok....but, now time for Lawyering...

Adoption can be and should be used ONLY for babies...bcz just by applying MAX explanation, only babies are not modifiable and a "god" given (made) child is accepted as it is. Everything else - including this TFA - has gone through changes and still changes are being sought. So it can only be adApted.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down