Breaking news - Robin Williams dead, suicide likely cause - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking news - Robin Williams dead, suicide likely cause

+12
Kris
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
southindian
Hellsangel
dominic mistry
bw
Propagandhi711
Maria S
Obnoxious
confuzzled dude
MaxEntropy_Man
nevada
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Breaking news - Robin Williams dead, suicide likely cause - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking news - Robin Williams dead, suicide likely cause

Post by michelle2 Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:30 am

smArtha wrote:However, I'm concerned why someone - especially at his level of success - was perpetually depressed. The news forced me to read about about Chronic Depression or Dysthymia. Most of the symptoms seem to be psychological in nature. However, it is not well established if the causes themselves are rooted in the psychological system or the physiological one. If it is the latter, medical science may discover some drug to cure or at least manage it. How to address it if it is the former is the burning question on my mind now.
persistent depression, i've read, is not a choice one makes. even the professionals don't know a great deal about its causes and cures. since brain chemicals influence behaviour, and the release of such chemicals is a physiological phenom, chronic depression probably has both psychological and physiological components.

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Breaking news - Robin Williams dead, suicide likely cause - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking news - Robin Williams dead, suicide likely cause

Post by michelle2 Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:36 am

Impedimenta wrote:
smArtha wrote:I had only seen two of his films - Mrs Doubtfire and GWH and none of his other shows or interviews. So no question of missing him on the screen. I hope his departure from this stage was peaceful and journey -where ever to- is pleasant and comfortable. 

However, I'm concerned why someone - especially at his level of success - was perpetually depressed. The news forced me to read about about Chronic Depression or Dysthymia. Most of the symptoms seem to be psychological in nature. However, it is not well established if the causes themselves are rooted in the psychological system or the physiological one. If it is the latter, medical science may discover some drug to cure or at least manage it. How to address it if it is the former is the burning question on my mind now.

When one is severely depressed, they are robbed of cognition. Everything shuts down and to be in that kind of darkness is so awful that you would never wish it even on your worst enemy. It's an awful disease and not something that you can just simply snap out of. To be honest, I have experienced it twice in my life, the first when I lost my mom and the second, I don't want to disclose here only because folks here use personal information for amusing themselves. The first time, I needed medication. I can tell you this. The pain is so bad, the hurt causes the pain and if you want to "technically" stop the pain, then ending your life becomes the only option. Whatever it was that triggered this in the man, I can only imagine how miserable he must have been all through the pain :-( RIP indeed.

I do have a point with this post - if a person is in depression, the cause is not always the "drama factor". It is real and is definitely a condition that warrants lots of support from family[if available] and/or medication, depending on how bad the issue is.

i want to add what i heard in someone's personal account: there are many days when the depressed person does not want to get up from bed, perhaps because it seems pointless to do so.

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:59 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:Oh ya just remembered one hour photo. Liked him in it and insomnia. And a couple of those usual comedies, RV and mrs doubtfire. Patch Adams was a bit much. Can't seem to r'ber others. I r'ber a stand up routine he had done regarding face lifts. let's see if I find it.

found it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BFNW8ATGhg&list=RD7BFNW8ATGhg#t=6

and the one in which he plays a 10 yo with a body of 40 yo or something, forgetting the name.

JACK - The movie tells the story of a boy with a unique aging disorder that has aged him four times faster than normal. He enters school in the fifth grade with the appearance of a 40-year-old man, and hilarity ensues. Could there be a better fit for Robin Williams' flawless combo of adult and youthful humor?

Williams had an uncanny ability to make an audience laugh one minute and cry the next. While Jack's juvenile adventures through elementary school bring on the heavy laughs, he also breaks our hearts with his unrequited love for teacher Miss Marquez (Jennifer Lopez) and his tender relationship with his mother (Diane Lane).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:23 pm

Impedimenta

I do have a point with this post - if a person is in depression, the cause is not always the "drama factor". It is real and is definitely a condition that warrants lots of support from family[if available] and/or medication, depending on how bad the issue is.

This 'lots of support from family' solution seems to be addressing the symptoms (which are wholly psychological) than the causes which may be physiological/psychological. Addressing symptoms is standard Western medical science prescription which allows subjects to just manage depression, stress, anxiety pain etc. My interest is generally on the causes and specifically psychological ones here. It is a different thing that new reports today indicate that in case of Robin Williams his heart surgery may have a major role in depression. 

Impedimenta wrote:When one is severely depressed, they are robbed of cognition. 

Or going by the other thread on Heart Surgery/Anesthesia causing depression may be it is the temporary loss of cognition/consciousness -> creating a temporary loss of identity -> a void of non-belonging/non-desiring anyone or anything in the existence -> resulting in depression.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:43 pm

michelle2 wrote:
i want to add what i heard in someone's personal account: there are many days when the depressed person does not want to get up from bed, perhaps because it seems pointless to do so.

Philosophically speaking it is indeed pointless to do anything. If we take into consideration the magnitude of the whole Manifest Existence - its sheer size, its diversity, the time spans, interactions and everything else that happens and continues to happen without the involvement of even the Greatest of the Men/Women that ever lived, it is very obvious that whatever the sum total of all that the humanity has done thus far or even can do in future will be extremely insignificant and one that the Whole Existence can and had done without. Our plans, pursuits, actions and accomplishments indeed have nil/insignificant Existential value. They have a premium or preciousness tagged only by our own minds (logical or the emotional parts of it).

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:21 pm

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2