What are you listening to right now? - Page 8 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you listening to right now?

+29
seven
goodcitizn
southindian
pravalika nanda
FlowerPower
Impedimenta
Petrichor
FluteHolder
Nila
Maria S
chameli
Jeremiah Mburuburu
indophile
garam_kuta
Another Brick
.|Sublime|.
Mr. T
soul.peaceful
Mosquito
FreeStyle
Merlot Daruwala
Rekz
artood2
doofus_maximus
Propagandhi711
Kris
MaxEntropy_Man
Hellsangel
charvaka
33 posters

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 8 Empty Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:25 am

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 8 Empty Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by Maria S Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:43 am

Enjoyed listening to the song HK..nice..

Thanks for sharing..oh, thank you for the Idli Rice too in advance:)

I was listening to this marvelous-uplifting song before I came on line..a friend gave me the musical notes not too long ago..so was finally able to try playing it on the piano too..wasn't that hard! Motivated me to play for some time..

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:00 am

Maria S wrote:oh, thank you for the Idli Rice too in advance:)
you are welcome. we bengalis are large-hearted and generous. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:32 am

Sure..I know!

Anyone who wants to give us more idli rice- to make us look like Jayalalitha with her idli cheeks..is very "large"..I mean large-hearted:D in our eyes!

And we Tamilians (with our passionate and proud attitude!) appreciate-embrace those who respect and like us-and make them our Superstars!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:42 am

LOL!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:49 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:LOL!

Appreciate you appreciating my sense of humor and think you like (well, I'll count that as appreciation, like, mild embrace!) so..you are a Superstar in my eyes;)!

Seriously, it's good to know about all the trade deals..state to state and international!

Have a good evening.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:23 am

An ear-splitting cacophony of Hindi and Marathi film songs, devotional songs, lots of live drums, recorded beats, crackers and fireworks as an endless procession of trucks carrying Ganeshas wends its way past my place for the immersion.

The whole spectacle and sound is filling me with total devotion and belief in the sacred. I'm so proud right now to be a Hindu. Not.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:24 am

Maria S wrote:
Seriously, it's good to know about all the trade deals..state to state and international!
yes. contrariwise, west bengal is a milk deficient state (it consumes a lot of milk as sweets) and gets its shortfall from the south.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:20 am

i was wondering why i liked this song so much. i just googled. it is junoon -- no wonder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:03 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:48 am

It's Gandhi Jayanti today and I'm listening to this beautiful rendition of 'Vaishnav Jan To' by Ustad Shahid Parvez Khan and Ustad Rashid Khan. Here's hoping that the words of Mahatma Gandhi's favourite bhajan may inspire us to nudge India towards his long-forgotten ideals. -- Ashwin Sanghi (author, historical fiction).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:42 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:i was wondering why i liked this song so much. i just googled. it is junoon -- no wonder.

http://www.indicine.com/movies/lyrics/maula-lyrics-jism-2/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:30 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:11 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

(merely judging young yo yo honey or the lyricist)

a journal entry reproduced:

We are in delhi, its airport. My cousin and I are having a quiet beer in the airport lounge. It's 3 months since my return from U.S. My cousin is older, married, settled. A bunch of tourists walk in and settle down. They could have been european or american. The girls are wearing shorts and t-shirts. Their table, quiet and empty until a short while ago, now overflows with white freckled flesh. There is flesh in arms, flesh in thighs, flesh in calves, young cherubic faces, overflowing choleric skin. In India, the whole thing was clearly obscene. A familiar smell, a white traveller's smell - mint toothpaste and cigarettes - wafted in our direction and brought our conversation to a halt. The girls were shifting their legs, moving their arms, flashing their cleavages. I looked at my cousin and we were both thinking of the same thing. What did we make of these girls we seemed to ask each other with our eyes. After a while, I whispered to my cousin that I didn't find white women attractive [which is/was a lie -- i am adding this as an interruption in an otherwise faithful narration for i am suddenly attracted to choleric skin]. I said that as if I had earned a licence, after so many years in the U.S., to comment such. And I said it because, at that point of time, I was disappointed with these girls - they hadn't aroused me. He sipped on his beer carefully, nodding gently to what I had said. Yes, he said, quite true; white girls don't have any salt.... namak nahin hai yaar. And then he said, come one, let's make a move. As I got yanked out of the lounge by his sudden persistence to get moving, I thought about what he had said, and felt enlightened. He had said something I could have said but never did. Of course, it's not entirely true. But the feeling I got back then, in the lounge, after I had heard him, was that I was suddenly privy to the Indian male psyche. And I was a part of it. And also, that, in matters of eroticism, this psyche was corny and fetishistic. Namak nahin hai. Wah wah. A drenched heaving bosom sends this psyche quavering. A naked madhuri-dixit would be a big turn-off for this psyche.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:59 pm

those in US who can't see my embedded youtube link above, try this:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:45 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:[youtube - brown rang]
i posted the above song in my older's fb feed. he clicked like. i also noticed that a girl from his college had posted something in his feed too. he is cozying up to the ladies i think. i was getting worried if he is homosex. Sad not that there is anything wrong with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:54 pm

sansani khabar (hot news): my wife just told me that abida parveen is a cheatercock. the india-pak singing reality show is on in colors. abida parveen, she says, she gives 0 points to bad indian artists whereas asha bhosle and runa laila give 3/4 points to the poor paki performers. that is why india is lagging by 10 points. ridic. india-pak bias clearly at play here. horrible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:58 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:youtube link -- khwaja mere khwaja
i listened to it yesterday, after a long time, when it was sung by a pakistani contestant in the india-pak music competition going on in colors. i have listened to this song on repeat mode whole day. i don't know why i did not get attracted to it the first time i heard it. this is a befitting celebration or reply-to to NFK by a r rahman in the same language with his own language used. it is marvelous actually. i wish NFK was alive to listen to it and break into raptures and join rahman in the dervish dance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:17 pm

Listening to my subconscious mind right now.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:20 am

Enjoy!

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 8 Empty yo yo honey singh

Post by Guest Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:41 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:06 am

nice guitaring by keshav in the first track. i had heard the yo yo honey singh track in my car but hadn't been able to find it later (couldn't recall the lyrics). thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:35 am

yaar angreji neat de is lovely. txs again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:25 pm

happy mahalaya all! tomorrow also marks the end of pitrapaksh. durga has descended once again to vanquish evil and do good some good.

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 8 Empty sarasa sAmadAna - Vishaka Hari

Post by FluteHolder Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:58 am

I listened to the same song sung by few other artistes, but I like this rendering.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 8 Empty Srinath - Alaipayuthey kanna

Post by FluteHolder Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:05 am

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:11 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:[youtube - brown rang]
pretty much on the mark analysis by nishita jha -- http://www.tehelka.com/story_main54.asp?filename=hub201012Honey.asp

you you honey singh. Evil or Very Mad (your music is OK though.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:54 pm

edit. doubly old song, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:14 pm

loved the movie. darjeeling and bengaWlis.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:00 pm

oh i love all the barfi songs... is dil ka kkya karu and ashiyana my favs oh and ala barfi too. all of them!

this is another current fav

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:09 pm

what is a barfi song? you listen to it and then you barf?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:51 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:what is a barfi song? you listen to it and then you barf?

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=barfi%20songs&oq=&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=bcf375ce9ef5ce06&bpcl=35466521&biw=1920&bih=979&pf=p&pdl=300

GOOGLE HELPS
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:26 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:56 am

I like all the title songs in James Bond movies..this one stands out with
Adele's powerful voice....the movie "Skyfall" will be out only on Nov 8, but this song already has close to 50 million hits, for good reason!Smile

Let the Sky fall..

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:25 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:33 pm

can't find the vdo i was looking for...enjoy the song B)

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 8 Empty enjoy chammak challo ;)

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:54 pm

http://neverendingplaylist.com/#!/artists/akon/ARCGJ6U1187FB4D01F

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:08 am

arvo looks like jesus christ
What are you listening to right now? - Page 8 Arvo11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtFPdBUl7XQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:58 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:54 am

http://soundcloud.com/de-kulture-music/bachu-khan-langa-bana-re-maro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:18 am

^ abida parveen sang this tonight in what are the final episodes of surkshetra on colors. what a lovely song! there was also a hair raising rendition by her of tere ishq nahaya, accompanied by atif aslam.

What are you listening to right now? - Page 8 Abida10What are you listening to right now? - Page 8 Atif10

she sings like a soul possessed -- what with her unruly, kinky hair. she is second only to NFAIK imo. best episode so far. my wife, as usual, remarked again that she is the biggest cheatercock in the world. maybe my wife is right but i don't care. (i suspect it's partly 'cos abida resembles my sis and, yes, my sis is the biggest cheatercock in the world and my wife and her don't get along.) atif aslam, otoh, my wife thinks is cute (he is captain of the pak. team and not in the jury).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:15 pm

ultimate romantic song

been listening to this since last night...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:46 am

i like this better (ok "as much" not "more") than the nfak version. it is more soulful. bought a big collection of sufi tunes yesterday (including wadali brothers).

the nfak one which i think should be considered one of his best:

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:19 pm

Don't know if anyone listens to Nikhil Banerjee. Here's an Alap (Raag Desi)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrpms4vf5s4
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:16 am

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:11 pm

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 8 Empty Ellam Inba Mayam...

Post by FluteHolder Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:42 pm

Also a simple request to Rashmun. Please listen to this song and get a translation of the lyrics and enjoy. The mridangam is too good and that too when I listen to this in AIWA stereo connected to PC.

Following is the same song from the movie.

Enjoy...

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 8 Empty Remembering jagjit singh on his bday

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:43 pm

may be he is born somewhere already and has a new b'day
but since we don't know where when etc...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:03 am

very sweet 7. great selection. google carried a doodle of him yesterday. Smile i was very surprised to see google do hindian propaganda.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:27 am

my fav line - ring the bell i'm in danger
tonite i'm falling in love with a stranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next