Uppili style facts (inaccuracies) & dual tongued BJP Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uppili style facts (inaccuracies) & dual tongued BJP

3 posters

Go down

Uppili style facts (inaccuracies) & dual tongued BJP Empty Uppili style facts (inaccuracies) & dual tongued BJP

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:05 pm

This spectre haunting social conservatives throughout the land, is known as 'love jihad' — the idea that Muslim men are allegedly attempting to woo non-Muslim, especially Hindu women, with the end result being (a) marriage and/or voluntary conversion, or (b) sexual exploitation and/or forced conversion. Now, let us pause and notice how (b) is of course criminal while (a) is legal. The concept of 'love jihad' itself seems very ambiguous. We would argue that this ambiguity is deliberate.
The argument that one hears in social media and on the street, and one that is unlikely to be articulated by political representatives publicly, basically boils down to this - "They do not allow 'their' women to marry us, but they want to take 'our' women". The obvious problem with this line of argument, besides its factual inaccuracy (Muslim female-Hindu male couples are less common, but hardly unheard of) is rather simple: what about the autonomy and individual rights of the women in question? Maybe they have an opinion or two about their own lives. Maybe a few likes and dislikes as well.

Mostly the broader Sangh Parivar, including the BJP, is seen pushing this issue, often exploiting the emotions attached to it from medieval Indian history, as they are allegedly doing right now in the communal cauldron of western Uttar Pradesh. But other parties are not above playing such retrogressive cards when it suits them as well.
On one hand, the BJP talks about having a Universal Civil Code (UCC), and indeed that is a liberal reform as a UCC does not entail homogenised rituals, but simply forces the state to not have different laws for individuals based on religious identity.

Yet, the same BJP speaks in dual tongues when it is seen whipping up passions against Hindu-Muslim marriages. It also cannot bring itself to explicitly distance itself from those who would deny Muslims accommodation in their neighbourhood and those who would threaten to deport them to Pakistan at the drop of a hat. Now, the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) has a helpline for Hindu parents concerned about, amongst other things, their daughters being allegedly harassed by Muslim men. Who here believes that “complaints” will not also be against genuine relationships?

The BJP government’s views on a UCC are right, but they sorely lack the credibility to move on this issue. Muslim feminists are caught between being seen as supporting the orthodox mullahs on one hand and the BJP on the other.

http://www.dnaindia.com/analysis/standpoint-the-deliberate-ambiguity-of-love-jihad-2011727

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Uppili style facts (inaccuracies) & dual tongued BJP Empty Re: Uppili style facts (inaccuracies) & dual tongued BJP

Post by Kris Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:24 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
This spectre haunting social conservatives throughout the land, is known as 'love jihad' — the idea that Muslim men are allegedly attempting to woo non-Muslim, especially Hindu women, with the end result being (a) marriage and/or voluntary conversion, or (b) sexual exploitation and/or forced conversion. Now, let us pause and notice how (b) is of course criminal while (a) is legal. The concept of 'love jihad' itself seems very ambiguous. We would argue that this ambiguity is deliberate.
The argument that one hears in social media and on the street, and one that is unlikely to be articulated by political representatives publicly, basically boils down to this - "They do not allow 'their' women to marry us, but they want to take 'our' women". The obvious problem with this line of argument, besides its factual inaccuracy (Muslim female-Hindu male couples are less common, but hardly unheard of) is rather simple: what about the autonomy and individual rights of the women in question? Maybe they have an opinion or two about their own lives. Maybe a few likes and dislikes as well.

Mostly the broader Sangh Parivar, including the BJP, is seen pushing this issue, often exploiting the emotions attached to it from medieval Indian history, as they are allegedly doing right now in the communal cauldron of western Uttar Pradesh. But other parties are not above playing such retrogressive cards when it suits them as well.
On one hand, the BJP talks about having a Universal Civil Code (UCC), and indeed that is a liberal reform as a UCC does not entail homogenised rituals, but simply forces the state to not have different laws for individuals based on religious identity.

Yet, the same BJP speaks in dual tongues when it is seen whipping up passions against Hindu-Muslim marriages. It also cannot bring itself to explicitly distance itself from those who would deny Muslims accommodation in their neighbourhood and those who would threaten to deport them to Pakistan at the drop of a hat. Now, the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) has a helpline for Hindu parents concerned about, amongst other things, their daughters being allegedly harassed by Muslim men. Who here believes that “complaints” will not also be against genuine relationships?

The BJP government’s views on a UCC are right, but they sorely lack the credibility to move on this issue. Muslim feminists are caught between being seen as supporting the orthodox mullahs on one hand and the BJP on the other.

http://www.dnaindia.com/analysis/standpoint-the-deliberate-ambiguity-of-love-jihad-2011727

>>>> Would you agree that the summary of this is as follows?

1) Love-jihad is a lie. Does not happen. Other people are making this up.

2) Muslim women are free to whomever they want, regardless of the man's religion.

3) UCC is a bad thing in general.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Uppili style facts (inaccuracies) & dual tongued BJP Empty Re: Uppili style facts (inaccuracies) & dual tongued BJP

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:40 pm

Kris wrote:
No
Kris wrote:
For the most part
Kris wrote:
2) Muslim women are free to whomever they want, regardless of the man's religion.
I personally know a few accounts of these. It doesn't mean all of them are absolutely free. Since you did not mention Hindus, Do you think Hindu women do not have any pressure?
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/honour-killing-parents-murder-girl-for-marrying-her-boyfriend-arrested/459822-62.html
Kris wrote:
The BJP government’s views on a UCC are right, but they sorely lack the credibility to move on this issue
What does the above line mean?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:19 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kris wrote:
No
Kris wrote:
For the most part
Kris wrote:
I personally know a few accounts of these. It doesn't mean all of them are absolutely free. Since you did not mention Hindus, Do you think Hindu women do not have any pressure?
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/honour-killing-parents-murder-girl-for-marrying-her-boyfriend-arrested/459822-62.html
Kris wrote:
The BJP government’s views on a UCC are right, but they sorely lack the credibility to move on this issue
What does the above line mean?

1) To any extent, this love-jihad is a sick idea. Do you agree?

2) I also have some personal knowledge on this count and have seen women severely stifled. The question is, does this religion allow men but forbids women to do the same?  If Hindu women have pressure on this count it needs to be dealt with separately. Besides, the article is not about Hindu women and I am not speaking on their behalf. 

3)  I have no idea where BJP stand on this. The question is on UCC as a concept.

I am not trying to out you on the spot, but rather trying to determine whether we have some common premise to discuss this further. If there isn't one, we are not going to come to any agreement. Other than that, these issues also form the underpinnings of why many Islamic societies are different from societies making social progress. We can deny this, but it is what it is.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:59 am

Kris wrote:
I think we are taking this out of context, yes it is a sick idea but it is not the main theme or norm of those marriages; there will always be a few misguided people in every community so you can't blame everyone for the machinations of a few. This kind of thing happens with love marriages among Hindus too where they harass the girl for dowry.
Kris wrote: 2) I also have some personal knowledge on this count and have seen women severely stifled. The question is, does this religion allow men but forbids women to do the same?  If Hindu women have pressure on this count it needs to be dealt with separately. Besides, the article is not about Hindu women and I am not speaking on their behalf. 
This topic, love-jihad is more about Hindu women than Muslim women and is very much relevant.
Kris wrote: 3)  I have no idea where BJP stand on this. The question is on UCC as a concept.

I am not trying to out you on the spot, but rather trying to determine whether we have some common premise to discuss this further. If there isn't one, we are not going to come to any agreement. Other than that, these issues also form the underpinnings of why many Islamic societies are different from societies making social progress. We can deny this, but it is what it is.
UCC is a good idea but I don't think Indians trust BJP nor Congress to implement this without any biases, Indian may have to wait for the next generation leaders and/or when both parties go through major reforms.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:15 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kris wrote:
I think we are taking this out of context, yes it is a sick idea but it is not the main theme or norm of those marriages; there will always be a few misguided people in every community so you can't blame everyone for the machinations of a few. This kind of thing happens with love marriages among Hindus too where they harass the girl for dowry.
[/quote]

Then compare all the "communities" - let us be politically incorrect - RELIGIONS.

What % of people are misguided in each religion - stick to bombing.

Even better.... prepare a small survey and pass it along in your workplace, and report back. I will tell Rev. Flimmy Iyer to get you permission to use company time..Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:04 am

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140824/nation-politics/article/%E2%80%98love-jihad%E2%80%99-be-poll-plank-uttar-pradesh-bjp
-> Here we go .. BJP choosing communal platform yet again..

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:19 am

confuzzled dude wrote:http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140824/nation-politics/article/%E2%80%98love-jihad%E2%80%99-be-poll-plank-uttar-pradesh-bjp

Fantastic.....Great...

Hey... why do you (guys) whine. Look back...did I tell BJP SHOULD play openly communal card. After all, YOU guys called it Communal all these years, and now why do you whine when they call your bluff...

This is a well thought out strategy....this will Unify all hindus and open begin to realize the covert threat posed by the Koranists. Mark my words...The message from UP will reverberate in Maharashtra and Haryana and J & K... Yes...you will be shocked when BJP becomes the main opposition there - and perhaps, even win a majority. Ask me how.

Keep up the unification of Hindus - Amit ji.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:37 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140824/nation-politics/article/%E2%80%98love-jihad%E2%80%99-be-poll-plank-uttar-pradesh-bjp

Fantastic.....Great...

Hey... why do you (guys) whine.  Look back...did I tell BJP SHOULD play openly communal card.  After all, YOU guys called it Communal all these years, and now why do you whine when they call your bluff...

This is a well thought out strategy....this will Unify all hindus and open begin to realize the covert threat posed by the Koranists.  Mark my words...The message from UP will reverberate in Maharashtra and Haryana and J & K... Yes...you will be shocked when BJP becomes the main opposition there - and perhaps, even win a majority. Ask me how.

I'm afraid this will only increase honor killings of their daughters by Hindu parents and will further divide the country.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:54 am

confuzzled dude wrote:

Fantastic.....Great...

Hey... why do you (guys) whine.  Look back...did I tell BJP SHOULD play openly communal card.  After all, YOU guys called it Communal all these years, and now why do you whine when they call your bluff...

This is a well thought out strategy....this will Unify all hindus and open begin to realize the covert threat posed by the Koranists.  Mark my words...The message from UP will reverberate in Maharashtra and Haryana and J & K... Yes...you will be shocked when BJP becomes the main opposition there - and perhaps, even win a majority. Ask me how.

I'm afraid this will only increase honor killings of their daughters by Hindu parents and will further divide the country.

Hey you were willing to give 60 years to Cong(i) for your anti-hindu "secular" policies, so wait for 60 years and then we will reevaluate if the pro-majority policies help or hurt....

Nope it wont result in honor killing. Contrary, this will cause some koranic-scale diarrhea in love-jihad families who plan on harvesting hindu women...

In fact, a new law should be enacted that all kids born to hindu-muslim couples should be considered hindu...oh wait....that will be for ithe next stage.... before that, muslim personal law should be restricted ONLY to marriages between two muslims. This personal law should not be extended to property divisions, inter-religious marriages or other such dubious shyt.

(RSS has been too timid and too passive UNTIL now and time they up the ante.....Razz)

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:36 pm

BJP, in respect to iSlam, has dumped issue of love-jihad. Openly comes out in support of hindu women and to protect them from minority men...

Now this is straight talk..

....After breathing fire over 'love jihad', BJP today dropped mention of it in the party's political resolution but continued to rake up the issue of alleged crime by men of minority community against Hindu women

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:43 pm

BJP, in respect to iSlam, has dumped issue of love-jihad. Openly comes out in support of hindu women and to protect them from minority men...

....After breathing fire over 'love jihad', BJP today dropped mention of it in the party's political resolution but continued to rake up the issue of alleged crime by men of minority community against Hindu women
Why, those idiots couldn't find any stats to backup their lies?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:53 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

Why, those idiots couldn't find any stats to backup their lies?

bcz Stats are the biggest lies, and no wonder the Peon govt used stats all the time to fool the people who showed them finally the real stats.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down