compliment Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

compliment

4 posters

Go down

compliment Empty compliment

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:06 pm

so when i was leaving, the massage lady asked, 'plans for today?' I said maybe take kid out for back to school shopping. she asked how old is the kid, i said starting junior high.

she goes - oh... oh... oh... you don't look.... you look.... 28!

ya ok, even if she meant 38 (in her mind), that's full THREE years younger to my real age.

Cool

Back to top Go down

compliment Empty Re: compliment

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:51 pm

Sign of old age: getting all excited when someone guess their age lower....(mostly lies.....Razz)

do this trick: I am always told I look youger...bcz when asked I round my age to the end of the decade....Duh...of course I will look younger....Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:06 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Sign of old age: getting all excited when someone guess their age lower....(mostly lies.....Razz)

do this trick: I am always told I look youger...bcz when asked I round my age to the end of the decade....Duh...of course I will look younger....Razz

ya i know... she may have overblown her estimate, but her surprise was genuine. And I had already tipped her, so there was not need Very Happy Even if lying, isn't that the nicest thing you can tell someone after you have ahem, *seen* them.

aiyo i tuned 41 just recently, i am not gonna call myself 50.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:11 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

ya i know... she may have overblown her estimate, but her surprise was genuine. And I had already tipped her, so there was not need Very Happy Even if lying, isn't that the nicest thing you can tell someone after you have ahem, *seen* them.

My dear 50 yr old:

Has any woman been told that she looked older than her real age ?...???

And has any woman ever says that she looked older than her real age?...???

I rest my case.

P.S. I have been decadizing my age since I was in my teens - just so much easier and I have to stop and think for a couple of seconds to remember my real age. Usually, I tell them to put something...unless it really matters. I have huge problem with year - more than date and month....as I said earlier I wrote 1013 for year on a check and a couple of other things before I realize i am off by a 1000 years.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:23 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:so when i was leaving, the massage lady asked, 'plans for today?' I said maybe take kid out for back to school shopping. she asked how old is the kid, i said starting junior high.

ya ok, even if she meant 38 (in her mind), that's full THREE years younger to my real age.

Cool

>>>Maybe she misheard you and thought you were going to get some back-school-shopping done and she said

"oh... oh... you don't look.... you look.... 28!"

and you said "so what's your point?"

Just trying to put things in perspective.....that's all.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:26 pm

Kris wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:so when i was leaving, the massage lady asked, 'plans for today?' I said maybe take kid out for back to school shopping. she asked how old is the kid, i said starting junior high.

Cool

>>>Maybe she misheard you and thought you were going to get some back-school-shopping done and she said

Women have "highly" selective micro-amnesia as all married men can vouch.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:28 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

My dear 50 yr old:

Has any woman been told that she looked older than her real age ?...???

And has any woman ever says that she looked older than her real age?...???

Can't speak for all women. I have been led to believe that there are some enlightened women who don't like talking about/thinking like stereotypical womanly things, but ya, I am sensitive about this one. Actually, curious is more like it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:28 pm

Kris wrote:

Cool

lol, i just laughed, and in my head told myself to make a post about it later Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:54 pm

Kris wrote:

Cool

what's "back-school-shopping?" how's that different from "back-to-school shopping?"

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:57 pm

michelle2 wrote:
Kris wrote:

Cool

what's "back-school-shopping?" how's that different from "back-to-school shopping?"

Who who michelle2 and how is she different from michelle? (do you mean michelle does 2 ?)

Shouldn't it be Michelle2?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:17 pm

michelle2 wrote:
Kris wrote:

Cool

If the evil loser cannot figure out what is back-school-shopping, I can bet that "It" cannot comprehend any of these.

compliment Human-reading-skills1

compliment Human-reading-skills

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:31 pm

b_A wrote:
compliment Human-reading-skills

michelle2 is still in 2nd grade and gives weekly spelling dictation and has not progressed to the next level - for years. Hence sticking to within its "limits" of spell checking.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:51 pm

Cool
Whenever i see the 'Santoor' ad on the desi channels, i go Rolling Eyes . What's the big deal? I mean, what do they expect a mom of a 4-5 yr old to look like in India? All old and wrinkled? Show the mom of teenager or a college student who looks more like her sister than like her mom. Then that's something to be clap ,  not the mom of a teeny tiny 5 yr old.

PS: You are waaay better than a Santoor mom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:20 pm

Kinnera wrote:

Cool
Whenever i see the 'Santoor' ad on the desi channels, i go Rolling Eyes . What's the big deal? I mean, what do they expect a mom of a 4-5 yr old to look like in India? All old and wrinkled? Show the mom of teenager or a college student who looks more like her sister than like her mom. Then that's something to be clap ,  not the mom of a teeny tiny 5 yr old.

PS: You are waaay better than a Santoor mom.

This aunty says thanks and returns the compliment! I love you

Also getting more and more encouraged to annoy people to keep taking my pics until I get a couple of good ones to post on FB. But I think this will have to stop soon lol. I sense a mutiny at home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum