random gestures Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

random gestures

4 posters

Go down

random gestures Empty random gestures

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:15 pm

Aditi and Barkha were friends in school. Not close buddies, but good friends, having spent a lot of time chatting. Barkha was one of those people who liked discussing different topics full of opinions and passion, so there was never a dull moment with her around. Overall, she was an offbeat kind of strong personality, all of her decisions being different from the norm among people her age. After school they went on their separate paths. Would meet during college years sometimes, and heard about each other, but were never in direct touch with each other.

Years later, they connected on Facebook. Aditi remembered Barkha's birthday to be in August as she was good with dates. But on Facebook, she saw everyone was wishing her in April. Aditi was confused and asked Barkha about her birthday being in August? Barkha just joked and gave a roundabout reply, neither confirming nor denying it. Three-four more years passed, and stubborn fool that Aditi was, she never wished Barkha in April, only wished her on the day in August that she had remembered to be her birthday. Barkha never really acknowledged the wishes.

Come this year they connected over the group chat on Kik too. Everyone else was wishing someone else birthday. Aditi remembered it's Barkha's birthday that day too, but she didn't post a message because she didn't want others wishing her when it probably wasn't the correct day.

Usually Barkha didn't come on chat much. And it was late night for her as well, but that day she came online, and asked Aditi, 'you didn't wish me birthday this year like all other years'. Aditi said she remembered it, but didn't wish on purpose as she wasn't sure. Then Barkha explained why she had always celebrated her birthday on this day and why other date is on FB. Then they chatted a bit more and turns out that Barkha has been keeping seriously ill for years (although highly upbeat about it) and was in the hospital that night after a minor procedure. Aditi choked up thinking that's one thing she remembered about her and came online just to say that. She also kicked herself for not wishing this year especially as Barkha was in the hospital.

Point of the story is, I guess sometimes you just have to keep doing what you have to. People may not acknowledge your gestures, but may still appreciate and remember them, especially if they are going through tough times.

Back to top Go down

random gestures Empty Re: random gestures

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:40 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:Point of the story is, I guess sometimes you just have to keep doing what you have to. People may not acknowledge your gestures, but may still appreciate and remember them, especially if they are going through tough times.
umm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:03 pm

Wow...didn't realize that birthday wishes are so critically monitored. Gotta start noting those damn dates down...
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:07 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Wow...didn't realize that birthday wishes are so critically monitored. Gotta start noting those damn dates down...
 Wow. What an earth shaking observation!

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:17 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Wow...didn't realize that birthday wishes are so critically monitored. Gotta start noting those damn dates down...
If somebody remembers your birthday and cares to wish you on that day, it shows that you are important to that person.

Disclaimer: Not doing the above doesn't mean otherwise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:37 pm

My birthday on FB is fake (duhh...as if everything else is not). someone surprised me by cutting cake and celebrating my B;day at work based on that fake date. After I told them it was fake, still everyone wishes me on the FB - except all my relatives and cousins wish me thinking it is my real B;day while my office mates wish me with a "wink"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:08 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:Aditi and Barkha were friends in school. Not close buddies, but good friends, having spent a lot of time chatting. Barkha was one of those people who liked discussing different topics full of opinions and passion, so there was never a dull moment with her around. Overall, she was an offbeat kind of strong personality, all of her decisions being different from the norm among people her age. After school they went on their separate paths. Would meet during college years sometimes, and heard about each other, but were never in direct touch with each other.

Years later, they connected on Facebook. Aditi remembered Barkha's birthday to be in August as she was good with dates. But on Facebook, she saw everyone was wishing her in April. Aditi was confused and asked Barkha about her birthday being in August? Barkha just joked and gave a roundabout reply, neither confirming nor denying it. Three-four more years passed, and stubborn fool that Aditi was, she never wished Barkha in April, only wished her on the day in August that she had remembered to be her birthday. Barkha never really acknowledged the wishes.

Come this year they connected over the group chat on Kik too. Everyone else was wishing someone else birthday. Aditi remembered it's Barkha's birthday that day too, but she didn't post a message because she didn't want others wishing her when it probably wasn't the correct day.

Usually Barkha didn't come on chat much. And it was late night for her as well, but that day she came online, and asked Aditi, 'you didn't wish me birthday this year like all other years'. Aditi said she remembered it, but didn't wish on purpose as she wasn't sure. Then Barkha explained why she had always celebrated her birthday on this day and why other date is on FB. Then they chatted a bit more and turns out that Barkha has been keeping seriously ill for years (although highly upbeat about it) and was in the hospital that night after a minor procedure. Aditi choked up thinking that's one thing she remembered about her and came online just to say that. She also kicked herself for not wishing this year especially as Barkha was in the hospital.

Point of the story is, I guess sometimes you just have to keep doing what you have to. People may not acknowledge your gestures, but may still appreciate and remember them, especially if they are going through tough times.
>>.Okay, okay point taken. Happy Birthday, B ar K ha.  Many happy returns. Hope you get a brand new Burqua.
(Since we can make up birthdays now, I thought today is as good  a day as any to wish you.).

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:05 am

"Point of the story is, I guess sometimes you just have to keep doing what you have to."

Meaning, keep doing your thing. Keyword: your. whatever it is. Lol. In your case it might be remembering what everyone drinks with what food. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:08 am

Kris wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:Aditi and Barkha were friends in school. Not close buddies, but good friends, having spent a lot of time chatting. Barkha was one of those people who liked discussing different topics full of opinions and passion, so there was never a dull moment with her around. Overall, she was an offbeat kind of strong personality, all of her decisions being different from the norm among people her age. After school they went on their separate paths. Would meet during college years sometimes, and heard about each other, but were never in direct touch with each other.

>>.Okay, okay point taken. Happy Birthday, B ar K ha.  Many happy returns. Hope you get a brand new Burqua.
(Since we can make up birthdays now, I thought today is as good  a day as any to wish you.).

Hehe. Thanks Kris!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down