Bill Maher Spars With Charlie Rose Over Islam's 'Illiberal Beliefs' Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bill Maher Spars With Charlie Rose Over Islam's 'Illiberal Beliefs'

4 posters

Go down

Bill Maher Spars With Charlie Rose Over Islam's 'Illiberal Beliefs' Empty Bill Maher Spars With Charlie Rose Over Islam's 'Illiberal Beliefs'

Post by FluteHolder Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:16 am

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Bill Maher Spars With Charlie Rose Over Islam's 'Illiberal Beliefs' Empty Re: Bill Maher Spars With Charlie Rose Over Islam's 'Illiberal Beliefs'

Post by goodcitizn Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:08 am

FluteHolder wrote:

Maher is right on.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Bill Maher Spars With Charlie Rose Over Islam's 'Illiberal Beliefs' Empty Re: Bill Maher Spars With Charlie Rose Over Islam's 'Illiberal Beliefs'

Post by Hellsangel Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:12 am

Libbies have this overwhelming need to be PC.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:38 am

Hellsangel wrote:Libbies have this overwhelming need to be PC.

I consider myself a liberal but I don't have an overwhelming need to be politically correct. Muslim fanatics have gotten their way for centuries. Only now there is a global awareness to what some of these crazy groups such as ISIS are capable of doing.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:07 pm

goodcitizn wrote:

I consider myself a liberal but I don't have an overwhelming need to be politically correct. Muslim fanatics have gotten their way for centuries. Only now there is a global awareness to what some of these crazy groups such as ISIS are capable of doing.
I think the awareness has been there all along. Just that some people pretended it did not exist. Al Qaeda made their biggest attack about 13 years back almost to the day.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:17 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

I think the awareness has been there all along. Just that some people pretended it did not exist. Al Qaeda made their biggest attack about 13 years back almost to the day.

Like Bill Maher said, "Saudis have beheaded over 19 people since August for non-violent crimes, including homosexuality (in their view) yet nothing is done or said about it since they are oil rich. Awareness is quite tinted.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:23 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Like Bill Maher said, "Saudis have beheaded over 19 people since August for non-violent crimes, including homosexuality (in their view) yet nothing is done or said about it since they are oil rich. Awareness is quite tinted.
This is what the State Department's website says on Saudi Arabia:
http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/country/saudi-arabia.html

China pretty much does similar stuff, but not in the name of religion.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:32 pm

I am sad that so many SuCHers, who are well educated, have a narrow view and over simplification of events. It is easy to forget the cause and effect behind these events and blame a particular group for everything. It is important that the governments try to focus on communication and address the concerns of the group so that misunderstandings and tragic events can be avoided.

In short, everyone ends up a loser in this blame game.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:41 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

I am sad that so many SuCHers, who are well educated, have a narrow view and over simplification of events. It is easy to forget the cause and effect behind these events and blame a particular group for everything. It is important that the governments try to focus on communication and address the concerns of the group so that misunderstandings and tragic events can be avoided.

Beneath the Banyan Baba, I almost fell off my chair reading this. Now I am convinced it is not Banyan but Bodhi you dwell under based on s(S)uch enlightenment. Razz

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:07 pm

This sudden change of heart or skullcap is due to you finding of a 'love jihadi' in Bhurka? Smile

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:11 pm

FluteHolder wrote:

This sudden change of heart or skullcap is due to you finding of a 'love jihadi' in Bhurka? Smile

lol!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:34 pm

Oh...talking about love jehadi - should tell you this.

someone joined my workplace.. she asked me to guess where was from. Said Guam, polynesia, Laotian, blah blah... failed..

She said she is a mix of Indian and Chinku.. dark as a Southie and look more like a Bengali, Nepali or Assamese. Her maternal grandparents were from Paksitan - pre-independence. Moved to Jamaica. so her motehr ended up marrying a Chinese from Jamaica. her uncles and aunts married mostly hindus and her cousins had hindu names and their kids hindu names... She of course has 2 kids - the first one blonde and blue eyes from a white and a second one from a black guy. now she has a BF who is 6 yrs younger.

My head was spinning so fast, I was going to SMS Al-Akbari on a state-of-the-art H-M story.

But, Shakira is good with a typical Jamaican accent and outspoken. I have to remember Yogi ji advice and not get caught in any lovie jihad.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down