Tiger kills visitor inside Delhi zoo Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tiger kills visitor inside Delhi zoo

4 posters

Go down

Tiger kills visitor inside Delhi zoo Empty Tiger kills visitor inside Delhi zoo

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:45 am

NEW DELHI: In a hair-raising incident which was captured live on cameras, a white tiger killed a youth after he fell into the animal's moat in the Delhi zoo, an official said on Tuesday.

The incident, which took place between 12.30pm and 1pm, created a sensation and word soon spread through the city.

Eyewitnesses and zoo officials said the young man, who was later identified as Maqsood, a resident of Anand Parbat in Delhi, was leaning against the moat which separated the tiger enclosure from the visitors' gallery, tumbled into the dry moat and immediately was face to face with the tiger 'Vijay' which itself appeared initially surprised on seeing the human intrusion.

"As soon as the youth slipped and fell into the moat, the tiger approached him and silently watched him for nearly 15 minutes," Bittoo, an eyewitness, who recorded the entire incident on his mobile, told reporters.

He said what possibly provoked the tiger to attack the man was when onlookers and a guard tried to divert its attention by pelting stones at it.

"Everyone was pelting stones and making noises to divert the tiger's attention," Bittoo added. "It was then that the tiger pounced on the youth with his paw and dragged him inside his enclosure by his neck," Bittoo added.

Another eyewitness Himanshu said: "The man was cowering in fear and appeared to be pleading with folded hands to the tiger to spare him. The barricading around the tiger was hardly two to three feet in height."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Tiger-kills-visitor-inside-Delhi-zoo/articleshow/43231710.cms
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Tiger kills visitor inside Delhi zoo Empty Re: Tiger kills visitor inside Delhi zoo

Post by indophile Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:32 am

Wonder who would go their house for a party!  Smile

indophile

Back to top Go down

Tiger kills visitor inside Delhi zoo Empty Re: Tiger kills visitor inside Delhi zoo

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:40 am

yikes!!! this story was on the front page of msn. my link has pictures:

http://news.msn.com/world/indian-zoo-tiger-kills-man-who-climbed-into-moat

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:42 am

wow and I thought I was such a dummy when I purchased 11 dollars worth of pineapple chunks by mistake yesterday!

did you guys do anything total dumb in the last 24hrs? Do share.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:43 am

15 minutes and no official did anything, the guard joined the public in pelting stones. life in india is cheap indeed!

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:46 am

pravalika nanda wrote:yikes!!! this story was on the front page of msn. my link has pictures:

the zoo authorities should've shot the tiger down. I think under the circumstances it would've been okay to kill the animal, right?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:59 am

it's such a painful and frightening death. I'd never want to go this way. poor guy. I don't know why he did that.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:29 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:yikes!!! this story was on the front page of msn. my link has pictures:

the zoo authorities should've shot the tiger down. I think under the circumstances it would've been okay to kill the animal, right?

It is certainly okay. But, the Zoo authorities will have to get the approval from the area SI, DSP, Delhi Corporation, Env ministry secretary, Maneka Gandhi, and Lt. Governor before shooting the Tiger. The tiger is smart and knows the Indian bureacracy and that is why it simply waited and watched the man for 15 min.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:29 pm

May be the tiger just needed a change of scene. They should exchange him/her for a safe animal like deer or peacock from some other zoo in India that needs a tiger. That's how you make the problem go away (doesn't matter if it becomes someone else's problem).

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down