Telugus are indebted to Tamilians Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Telugus are indebted to Tamilians

+2
Seva Lamberdar
confuzzled dude
6 posters

Go down

Telugus are indebted to Tamilians Empty Telugus are indebted to Tamilians

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:24 pm

for saving their language from Hindi zealots. I hope a day comes when Hindi will be removed as official language of India. It doesn't make any sense to continue with Hindi in this day and age.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Telugus are indebted to Tamilians Empty Re: Telugus are indebted to Tamilians

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:25 pm

LOL.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:26 pm

Ya, he's the new joker of the forum. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:34 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:LOL.
Why Sevaji? I will give you more reasons, they're patrons of telugu classical music, they gracefully let us have our own state while our own telugu brethren used us & kicked us in the gut. Hindi, let me repeat, Hindi has no influence (nor relevance) on Telugu, if anything modern telugu literature & art is heavily influenced by Bengali & Marathi literature/art.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:52 pm

http://books.google.com/books?id=zB4n3MVozbUC&pg=PA1690&lpg=PA1690&dq=telugus+are+indebted+to+tamilians&source=bl&ots=OCZU3ZZmYV&sig=AgWdqLxcPmtbR2m0IsS6P4kJdTw&hl=en&sa=X&ei=R8UmVMHjGKfoiwKm1YCADQ&ved=0CC4Q6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=telugus%20are%20indebted%20to%20tamilians&f=false

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:56 pm

Telugus were keen to include Chennai in Andhra Pradesh at the time of AP's creation since telugus claimed there were more telugus than Tamils at that time in Chennai. Tamils refused to give up Chennai but there was a protracted fight over Chennai before Rajaji and Nehru ensured that chennai continued to be in Tamil Nadu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:35 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:LOL.
Why Sevaji? I will give you more reasons, they're patrons of telugu classical music, they gracefully let us have our own state while our own telugu brethren used us & kicked us in the gut. Hindi, let me repeat, Hindi has no influence (nor relevance) on Telugu, if anything modern telugu literature & art is heavily influenced by Bengali & Marathi literature/art.
Telugu classical music? What's that?

How did Tamilians contribute to telugu lit and arts being influenced by bengali and marathi lit?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:39 am

confuzzled dude wrote:http://books.google.com/books?id=zB4n3MVozbUC&pg=PA1690&lpg=PA1690&dq=telugus+are+indebted+to+tamilians&source=bl&ots=OCZU3ZZmYV&sig=AgWdqLxcPmtbR2m0IsS6P4kJdTw&hl=en&sa=X&ei=R8UmVMHjGKfoiwKm1YCADQ&ved=0CC4Q6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=telugus%20are%20indebted%20to%20tamilians&f=false
The first four paras of your link talk about the influence of urdu on telugu lit. Ask Rashmun and he tells you how closely urgu and hindu are linked, at least in the deccan. So, where are the saviors to counter that influence of urdu over telugu?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:54 am

For idli, dosa, sambar and vada?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:58 am

CD: thanks for the book link. i had not known that the KR, the thirukkuRaL and the silappadikAram had been translated into telugu. i am sure there have been plenty of literary, musical (which we know very well), and other scholarly exchanges between the two communities, decades old artificial state boundaries notwithstanding.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:07 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:CD: thanks for the book link. i had not known that the KR, the thirukkuRaL and the silappadikAram had been translated into telugu.  i am sure there have been plenty of literary, musical (which we know very well), and other scholarly exchanges between the two communities, decades old artificial state boundaries notwithstanding.  
Telugus are very open minded. They take the good from all sources and appreciate it.  I wonder if any of the telugu literature is translate to tamil.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:11 am

Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:CD: thanks for the book link. i had not known that the KR, the thirukkuRaL and the silappadikAram had been translated into telugu.  i am sure there have been plenty of literary, musical (which we know very well), and other scholarly exchanges between the two communities, decades old artificial state boundaries notwithstanding.  
Telugus are very open minded. They take the good from all sources and appreciate it.  I wonder if any of the telugu literature is translate to tamil.

tamilians have wholesale imbibed saint thyagarajA and annamayyA's krithis. tamilians like patnam subrahmanya iyer have composed carnatic krithis in telugu. i don't know if there have been literary translations, but i wouldn't be surprised if there are.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:15 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

tamilians have wholesale imbibed saint thyagarajA and annamayyA's krithis. tamilians like patnam subrahmanya iyer have composed carnatic krithis in telugu. i don't know if there have been literary translations, but i wouldn't be surprised if there are.
There's great literature in telugu from the Kavitrayam (nannaya, tikkana, errapragada) to potana, srinadha, vemana, tirupathi venkata kavulu, vishwanatha satyanarayana, rayaparolu, gurajada, sri sri, cinare, arudhra, sirivennela and all.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:15 am

Kinnera wrote:
Hmm.. pot calling the kettle black! Telugus who can't coexist are calling a group that revere non-tamils like Tyagaraja, Rajini, MGR and elected non-tamilian(s) as CM, closed minded.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:17 am

good topic to explore when i have more time. got to go now, but some tidbits:

http://www.yabaluri.org/triveni/cdweb/literarycontactsbetweentamilandtelugujan78.htm

During the 19th century some attempts were made to translate Telugu works into Tamil and vice versa. These include a Telugu translation of the “Tirukkural” in 1877 and a Tamil translation of “Vemana Padyamulu” in 1892. It is interesting that Subbarama Dikshitar, the author of the “Sangita Sampradaya Pradarsini,” underwent a complete course of study of the Telugu language and grammar under Krishnayamatya and Tanjore Rama Iyer, and translated into Tamil the entire “Andhra Mahabharatam” composed by the three poets Nannaya, Tikkana and Yerrapragada. Some Telugu verses composed in praise of Dikshitar by T. S. Murugesudu, Telugu Pandit, Tiruchi, and published in the “Pradarsini” also make interesting reading.

From the middle of this century there has been an unprecedented literary exchange between Tamil and Telugu. A large number of classics in each have been rendered into the other. The harbinger in this direction was the late Putalapattu Sriramulu Reddi, a school teacher, whose translations into Telugu verse include “Silappadhikaram,” “Manimekalai,” “Tirukkural” and “Kamba Ramayanam.” No other Telugu writer before him had attempted to tackle Sangam classics and the Ramayana of Kamban.

But the palm for rendering service to bridge the gulf between the literatures of Tamil and Telugu should go to Dr C. R. Sarma, presently Secretary of the Regional Office of the Sahitya Akademi at Madras. No Telugu scholar has so far made such a deep comparative study of the Tamil and Telugu literatures and published so many vignettes on Tamil literature in Telugu. His 35 published books form the most interesting corpus of works on literary contacts between Tamil and Telugu.

Dr Sarma published his first Telugu book in 1950 when he was only 21. In 1951 he published his 100-page adaptation of the “Silappadhikaram” under the little “Mani Manjiramu.” These were the beginnings of his later prolific output of Telugu books on Tamil literature. His “Tamila Vedam” is a summary of the “Tirukkural” and his book on Subrahmanya Bharati in the only one of its kind in Telugu.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:18 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Hmm.. pot calling the kettle black! Telugus who can't coexist are calling a group that revere non-tamils like Tyagaraja, Rajini, MGR and elected non-tamilian(s) as CM, closed minded.
telugu classical music ante enti? Carnatic music aa? it also has kannada, sanskrit and some tamil kritis along with telugu ones. You can't call it telugu classical music.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:19 am

but before i go, i can't help adding this absolutely beautiful telugu krithi by patnam subrahmanya iyer in raga malayamArutham sung here by k.j.yesudas:

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:21 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:but before i go, i can't help adding this absolutely beautiful telugu krithi by patnam subrahmanya iyer in raga malayamArutham sung here by k.j.yesudas:

Thanks.Very nice. Tell your other friend that you can't call it 'telugu' classical music.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:51 pm

Kinnera wrote:Tell your other friend that you can't call it 'telugu' classical music.

i don't think CD said that, unless i missed it in quick reading. anyway, will catch up with this later.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:21 pm

Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
telugu classical music ante enti? Carnatic music aa? it also has kannada, sanskrit and some tamil kritis along with telugu ones. You can't call it telugu classical music.
You can keep harping on semantics; my [broader] point is Tamilians preserved all those kritis written in Telugu, if not for them we would've lost most of that treasure.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:25 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:Tell your other friend that you can't call it 'telugu' classical music.

i don't think CD said that, unless i missed it in quick reading. anyway, will catch up with this later.
You need to read the original and the subsequent posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:34 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
You can keep harping on semantics; my [broader] point is Tamilians preserved all those kritis written in Telugu, if not for them we would've lost most of that treasure.
Oh wow! what a statement! We have a new ingratiator of Tamilians here. Keep it up! You'll be recognized and patronized soon. Yes, tamilians are very much into carnatic music, but to say that without them all the tyagaraya, annamacharya and other telugu sankeerthanalu would've been lost is a pretty condescending statement, even for an ingratiator. Those great compositions are not at the mercy of anyone. Come down a notch!

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:34 pm

Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

ok...name FIVE well known current carnautic musicians from SA/Telengana (dont count the gults from madras/TN - like Srinivas). Just bcz someone is of telugu origin does not make him one. MK & clan is a good example of that.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:56 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

ok...name FIVE well known current carnautic musicians from SA/Telengana (dont count the gults from madras/TN - like Srinivas).  Just bcz someone is of telugu origin does not make him one. MK & clan is a good example of that.
Balamurali Krishna, Sripada Pinakini, Nookala Chinna Satyanarayana, Nedunuri Krishnamurthy, Veena Chittibabu, Dwaram Venkataswamy naidu, Mandolin Srinivas, Gantasala Venkateshwar Rao.....

Obnoxious will be able to give more names. What's your point again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:03 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

ok...name FIVE well known current carnautic musicians from SA/Telengana (dont count the gults from madras/TN - like Srinivas).  Just bcz someone is of telugu origin does not make him one. MK & clan is a good example of that.
Balamurali Krishna, Sripada Pinakini, Nookala Chinna Satyanarayana, Nedunuri Krishnamurthy, Veena Chittibabu, Dwaram Venkataswamy naidu, Mandolin Srinivas, Gantasala Venkateshwar Rao.....

Read the 2 bolded sentences and repost.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:14 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Read the 2 bolded sentences and repost.
k...take out mandolin, though he had his foundations in AP. So? The compositions would've survived no matter what. Don't go on to make wild statements like CD.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:14 pm

Madurai Mani Iyer made, "sarasa saama daana bhEda danda chatura......." very colorful.

Tamilians made Chittor and Chennai Telungoo very colorful (just like how Hyderabadis made Urdu colorful).

LOL 

What else do you want! 

Seriously, Tanjavur was fortunate to have rulers like Ragunatha Nayaka to lay the foundation for literature, music, art, etc. I wouldn't call that a Tamil contribution (he was not a Tamil). The people of Tanjavur, however, should be credited with preserving that legacy. In modern SI, clearly, TN is preserving (and perhaps, dominating in) Carnatic music.  

In any case, Rashmun and CD should concentrate on Modi. Modi is on his way to Washington to meet Obama. These two extremely brilliant sikular SuCh analysts will have a lot to worry about for the next two to three days.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down