20 years of liberalization Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20 years of liberalization

3 posters

Go down

20 years of liberalization Empty 20 years of liberalization

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:58 am

Mint - my favorite business paper these days - has a weekend edition called Lounge. There's a neat set of essays on how different aspects of life in India have changed over the last 20 years since the economic reforms of 1991, in their special Independence Day edition. I thought you guys would enjoy the trip down memory lane.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

20 years of liberalization Empty Re: 20 years of liberalization

Post by artood2 Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:21 pm

That was a good collection though they could have gone in depth on some of the topics. The Yeshwant Sinha thing was a bit misleading by decribing him as ahte "original one" and then giving examples from a later time frame. Many economists had the idea of how to liberalise but the tougher part was the implementation. To his credit, he (and other FMs around that time) did not doa u-turn and helped the process actively. The role of DD in avoiding couch potatoes was a good one.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:35 pm

Good stuff. Did you see these articles? https://such.forumotion.com/t2300-bees-saal-baad. I liked the Economist one in particular.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down