Rajdeep Sardesai's 5 questions to Modi fans Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rajdeep Sardesai's 5 questions to Modi fans

+2
Hellsangel
confuzzled dude
6 posters

Go down

Rajdeep Sardesai's 5 questions to Modi fans Empty Rajdeep Sardesai's 5 questions to Modi fans

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:25 pm

Let’s take a look at some of the questions that Sardesai asked.

·        What do you want Prime Minister Narendra Modi to say in his address?
·         Can one man (Narendra Modi) change India?
·         Did you pay your way for a ticket to Madison square garden?
·         Has the media been unfair to Narendra Modi?

And after considerable heckling that interrupted his broadcast, this exasperated one:
·         Did Narendra Modi teach you to behave badly?
http://www.business-standard.com/article/opinion/were-rajdeep-sardesai-s-5-questions-on-modi-provocative-114100100181_1.html

-> He should not have asked the 3rd question, if that indeed was true.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Rajdeep Sardesai's 5 questions to Modi fans Empty Re: Rajdeep Sardesai's 5 questions to Modi fans

Post by Hellsangel Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:29 pm

It also says:

We can’t say if Sardesai will express regret for his action, but the larger question is if he should. Common sense and the video suggest that he should. After all, for years, Sardesai has anchored prime time news shows demanding exemplary behaviour of public figures and exhorting politicians in somewhat similar situations to apologise for their acts of violence, however minor. If there was ever a chance for him to acknowledge an honest lapse of judgement, it is now. And expressing regret will not be a sign of weakness but of strength, a signal that he can be self-critical, and not just of others, and that this incident is an unfortunate aberration for someone who has always held the high moral ground.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Rajdeep Sardesai's 5 questions to Modi fans Empty Re: Rajdeep Sardesai's 5 questions to Modi fans

Post by indophile Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:36 pm

Hellsangel wrote:It also says:

We can’t say if Sardesai will express regret for his action, but the larger question is if he should. Common sense and the video suggest that he should. After all, for years, Sardesai has anchored prime time news shows demanding exemplary behaviour of public figures and exhorting politicians in somewhat similar situations to apologise for their acts of violence, however minor. If there was ever a chance for him to acknowledge an honest lapse of judgement, it is now. And expressing regret will not be a sign of weakness but of strength, a signal that he can be self-critical, and not just of others, and that this incident is an unfortunate aberration for someone who has always held the high moral ground.
Farid Zakaria who apologized for plagiarizing stuff is not any weaker now after all.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:37 pm

I must say, that's a game changer.

The article mentions "Common Sense"... so I do not expect any regret or apology from Sardesai.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:47 pm

And another snippet of relevance is given below. Even after these many days the only evidence is that it was Rajdeep who initiated fisticuffs. If questions - with their baggage/intent and tone - cannot be considered provocation enough for the mob to boo/verbally abuse, the same or even higher bar holds true for Rajdeep. No amount of verbal abuse should justify physical violence and his supporters are on a weak wicket and even weaker etiquette or ethic here. 

"But times have changed. Conventional media is no longer the final frontier for facts in a breaking news event. While supporters as well as present and former colleagues of Sardesai jumped to his defense castigating the hecklers as part of an organised mob to muscle the media into submission, a video showing him as throwing the first punch went viral. The video has done more damage to Sardesai than he could have imagined, as a serious lapse of judgement due to severe provocation (that reportedly included name calling, slogans and vile abuse) has had several fence sitters on this issue questioning why a senior editor had to resort to fisticuffs."

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:24 pm

southindian wrote:

I must say, that's a game changer.

The article mentions "Common Sense"... so I do not expect any regret or apology from Sardesai.
Sure.. Sardesai would've come across as a guy with a big heart had he apologized but it doesn't exonerate those who kicked him. It is evident that (based on the claims by the perpetrator himself) they got physical first.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:44 am

James FontanellaKhan (@JFK_America), a writer with the Financial Times, told this story through a series of Tweets based on his first-hand experience being on the spot when this happened:

(1) …I've received many msg in the last 24hrs. I'm not a judge of what happened.

(2) what I can repeat is that a small group of people started shouting against the reporter. Things got heated. He claimed that

(3) he was kicked. I didn't see that. But he was certainly verbally attacked and their presence was intimidating. Then

(4) the reporter got confrontational. removed his jacket. there was an exchange of words. it was hard for me to capture everything

(5) i did hear him say asshole. then he walked away. one of the guys in the crowd shouted something. i couldn't hear what exactly

(6) the reporter turned back and put his hands around his neck. the scuffle btw the two started. quickly everything cooled.

(7) for context. reporter was called a traitor, the group acted like a mob. if i would have been him i would have felt threatened

(Rajdeep Sardesai's 5 questions to Modi fans Icon_cool i think both sides were provoked each other. I hope this helps clarify things.

US columnist David B. Cohen (@DavidBCohen1) was less flattering while speaking about Rajdeep:

Straight from the #Hamas playbook: start a fight, use the media to mislead, play the victim

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:44 am

So, yeah, Rajdeep was the guy who first started the physical assault.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down