Old pictures of Jayalalitha, Aishwarya, Modi, student at exam time (just practicing posting pictures) Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old pictures of Jayalalitha, Aishwarya, Modi, student at exam time (just practicing posting pictures)

5 posters

Go down

Old pictures of Jayalalitha, Aishwarya, Modi, student at exam time (just practicing posting pictures) Empty Old pictures of Jayalalitha, Aishwarya, Modi, student at exam time (just practicing posting pictures)

Post by indophile Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:58 am

Old pictures of Jayalalitha, Aishwarya, Modi, student at exam time (just practicing posting pictures) QsSCTIaOld pictures of Jayalalitha, Aishwarya, Modi, student at exam time (just practicing posting pictures) Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT574q1qMljhetfRN-58VfNESTyJPILHEIbJXr1c_umWI2VoYwu
Old pictures of Jayalalitha, Aishwarya, Modi, student at exam time (just practicing posting pictures) Shri-Narendra-Modi-in-NCC-during-his-childhood-days
Old pictures of Jayalalitha, Aishwarya, Modi, student at exam time (just practicing posting pictures) Student-of-university-of-Madras

indophile

Back to top Go down

Old pictures of Jayalalitha, Aishwarya, Modi, student at exam time (just practicing posting pictures) Empty Re: Old pictures of Jayalalitha, Aishwarya, Modi, student at exam time (just practicing posting pictures)

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:40 pm

The student at an exam is interesting. Is it for real or from a movie?

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Old pictures of Jayalalitha, Aishwarya, Modi, student at exam time (just practicing posting pictures) Empty Re: Old pictures of Jayalalitha, Aishwarya, Modi, student at exam time (just practicing posting pictures)

Post by indophile Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:14 pm

They are real photographs. You never heard the saying - pilakaki taadu kattukoni chadive vaadu?

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:26 pm

అదేదో సామెత అనుకున్నా. కొంతమంది నిజంగా పిలకని అలా కట్టుకొనే వాళ్ళు కామోసు! చదువు సరిగా వచ్చిందో లేదో!

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:32 pm

చదువు వచ్చేదో లేదో కాని, నిద్ర పోయేది, జుట్టు ఊడేది. ఒకటొ అరో రక్తపు బొట్లు కూడా రాలేవేమో.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:29 pm

indophile wrote:They are real photographs. You never heard the saying - pilakaki taadu kattukoni chadive vaadu?

Is his ponytail tied up, and why?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:54 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:

It is not pony tail. It is Sikha that traditionally Brahmans maintained. Reason for tying it to a nail on the wall is to keep him alert (without dozing off) while studying.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:21 pm

smArtha wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

It is not pony tail. It is Sikha that traditionally Brahmans maintained. Reason for tying it to a nail on the wall is to keep him alert (without dozing off) while studying.

That is a rather harsh way to deal with sleep but probably worked well.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:25 pm

he looks sorta bald and hence maybe too old to be a student?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:15 pm

aishwarya looks so cute! No wonder Abhishek still has the, 'I can't believe i married aishwarya rai' look even in his most recent pix with her.

@bk@bald. No, they shave the heads in the front. It's not baldness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:27 pm

Kinnera wrote:aishwarya looks so cute! No wonder Abhishek still has the, 'I can't believe i married aishwarya rai' look even in his most recent pix with her.

Oh? Why just the front? I remember now.... Most bald pundits you see in pics and movies, aren't they more completely bald than this, with just that lock left? Aside, isn't this a hindu (or is it just brahmin) thing to never be completely head-shaven... atleast at the time of janeu ceremony (forgetting the deal with mundan). Am also forgetting, at the time of death, if a son or someone is giving hair, is it a complete shave or do you still leave that lock behind? Used to be a big deal up until the early 90s in our families. Now no one gives hair (at the time of death), and if they do, it's all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:39 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
Kinnera wrote:aishwarya looks so cute! No wonder Abhishek still has the, 'I can't believe i married aishwarya rai' look even in his most recent pix with her.

Oh? Why just the front? I remember now.... Most bald pundits you see in pics and movies, aren't they more completely bald than this, with just that lock left? Aside, isn't this a hindu (or is it just brahmin) thing to never be completely head-shaven... atleast at the time of janeu ceremony (forgetting the deal with mundan). Am also forgetting, at the time of death, if a son or someone is giving hair, is it a complete shave or do you still leave that lock behind? Used to be a big deal up until the early 90s in our families. Now no one gives hair (at the time of death), and if they do, it's all.
sigh! I don't know much about this. Smartha, indo or vakavaka should be able to shed some light on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:23 am

Kinnera wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

sigh! I don't know much about this. Smartha, indo or vakavaka should be able to shed some light on it.

The origin for shaving the head in front by people engaged in teaching and learning (usually the brahmins) in south India (Tamilnadu area especially which is quite hot) probably had a scientific reason. It would lead to keeping the head cool (by the increased air flow over the head directly, especially the area in the front) and that probably enhanced the brain functioning in learning and memorization etc.

Last edited by Seva Lamberdar on Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:23 am

Kinnera wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

I don't know the theory behind poyyi (tuft of hair tied up loosely in the back, with the front of the head shaven), pilaka (the whole head is shaved except for a 2 or 3 inch strand of hair in the back about the width of a fettucini noodle, gundu (whole head shaved), and siga which is a small area of mowed hair in the middle of otherwise shaved head (they put 5 of them on a kid's head during upnayanam ceremony or janu ceremony); it's like a piece of lawn in the middle of sand. In our area, Brahmins and Vaishyas shave their head (except for the little pilaka) if either parent dies, and among kshatriyas, pretty much all blood relatives of the dead guy shave their heads.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:15 am

http://www.chakras.net/energy-centers/bindu

http://www.ishafoundation.org/blog/yoga-meditation/demystifying-yoga/what-is-the-significance-of-shaving-ones-head/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pineal_gland

These should help clarify why to shave or keep hair on the head, why hair is shaved off every where except the surrounding Bindu region and thus also why tying the tuft to a nail can keep the student not only awake but also alert and focused to grasp well.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:17 am

More Old Pictures.

The great singer LATA MANGESHKAR, and the great Bharatanatyam and Kuchipudi dancer YAMINI KRISHNAMURTHY (she was born on a full moon night, and her grandfather, a Sanskrit scholar, named her Yamini Poorna-tilaka (a beautiful full round bottu/pottu/bindi of the night). 

Old pictures of Jayalalitha, Aishwarya, Modi, student at exam time (just practicing posting pictures) 10501663_834446829919554_6607123738330562408_n

Old pictures of Jayalalitha, Aishwarya, Modi, student at exam time (just practicing posting pictures) Safe_image.php?d=AQAU3GkDMiiLapGf&w=484&h=253&url=http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F-lx-UNJIs4P0%2FU909zLM-JHI%2FAAAAAAAAaeE%2FkFkmjJxNXo0%2Fs1600%2FEminent%2BIndian%2B%2BBharatnatyam%2Band%2BKuchipudi%2BDancer%2BYamini%2BKrishnamurthy%2B-%2B1964

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down