pomegranate - have you had one recently? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pomegranate - have you had one recently?

3 posters

Go down

pomegranate - have you had one recently? Empty pomegranate - have you had one recently?

Post by truthbetold Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:59 pm

I saw one recently in local grocery store. Had one long time ago in India. Checked Internet . It is used as as medicine for various ailments like high blood pressure and is widely acknowledged for anti oxidents. Had couple in the past few days.
try it if you haven't had one recently. It is pricey and needs effort to peel it.
dannima pandu. Work it into your regular fruit options.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

pomegranate - have you had one recently? Empty Re: pomegranate - have you had one recently?

Post by Idéfix Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:07 pm

Yes and watched a YouTube video with a neat trick that helps you get to the seeds with minimal effort. Our local grocery store carries them in season.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

pomegranate - have you had one recently? Empty Re: pomegranate - have you had one recently?

Post by Idéfix Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:09 pm

https://youtu.be/znJgWpk71ZQ
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:23 pm

yes. i get them from desi stores if they are looking good, or from costco. kids love them. the thing with them is that they go bad pretty quickly. so when i get them i also make sure i am not lazy to deseed them too. i have cut them since i was a teen, so I am sorta used to it. i use one of the methods on those youtubes too, but it still gets a bit messy for me sometimes if i don't start out right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:44 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:the thing with them is that they go bad pretty quickly.

As someone who eats pomegranates all year around, I can tell you that they stay good for a long time in a refrigerator. Couple of weeks is no problem.

If they are sweet, I eat them without any seasoning. If they are sour, I add a bit of sugar and chat masala.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:30 am

Bittu wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:the thing with them is that they go bad pretty quickly.

As someone who eats pomegranates all year around, I can tell you that they stay good for a long time in a refrigerator. Couple of weeks is no problem.

If they are sweet, I eat them without any seasoning. If they are sour, I add a bit of sugar and chat masala.

My usual is one week or so. Like if I buy on a Sunday I cut by next Saturday. Only once I remember I had kept one around for almost a month and it had still turned out good. But that was one from Costco and always had a very fresh look to it. Others turn black/soft.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:43 am

Bk
Pomegranate retains its freshness for about a week outside the refrigerator. Inside a machine it will be ok for a month or two.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:51 am

truthbetold wrote:I saw one recently in local grocery store. Had one long time ago in India.
try it if you haven't had one recently. It is pricey and needs effort to peel it.
I am surprised that they are not available freely at your place. We get them quite a bit over here. Actually, they were on sale a coupla weeks ago at Kroger. $99 each. That was a damn good price. I got a bunch the first time around and some more the second time. I still have a couple of them left in the fridge. Checked the price again the other day. No more sale. 2.99 each. They are usually $1.99 each in the desi grocery store. Yeah, they are rich in antioxidants.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:54 am

Kinnera
We got them on sale at 2 for $5.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:01 pm

truthbetold wrote:Kinnera
We got them on sale at 2 for $5.
hmm....regular price. On sale, they are usually $99 or $1.29.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down