Activists slam Anna Hazare agitation Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Activists slam Anna Hazare agitation

3 posters

Go down

Activists slam Anna Hazare agitation Empty Activists slam Anna Hazare agitation

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:37 am

Alleging that the Sangh Parivar was
mobilising people for the protests led by Anna Hazare, a group of
activists on Monday also accused corporates of playing a role in the
agitation.

The activists,
including Mahesh Bhatt, Shabnam Hashmi, Anand Teltumbde, Prof Ram
Puniyani, Kamayani Bali Mahabal, Amir Rizwi, Waqar Kazi and state
minority commission vice-chairman Abraham Mathai, also supported an
alternate version of the Lokpal Bill put forth by activist Aruna Roy of
the National Campaign for People’s Right to Information (NCPRI), which
they claimed was “decentralised and implementable” as compared to Team
Anna’s Jan Lokpal Bill.

“Why has the
agitation been launched at a time when... there was a chance that people
from the corporate sector could go to jail?” questioned Puniyani,
adding that the draft of the Jan Lokpal Bill did not include the
corporate sector in its ambit.

“The corporate sector is either
directly or indirectly aiding (the agitation),” said Puniyani, adding
that those participating in the movement were the products of the new
economic system and did not want the welfare of all sections of society.

“The corporates are definitely behind the whole funding. They are not in the ambit of the Lokpal Bill,” said Mathai.

“The RSS and BJP are
mobilising people on the ground,” charged Hashmi, managing trustee,
ANHAD, saying that since Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was close
to prosecution, the Sangh was “trying to build a cult figure like Anna”.

“The world needs to
be saved... from these self proclaimed saviours,” said Bhatt. “The Jan
Lokpal Bill is as monstrous as (that of) the government,” he said,
adding that Hazare was surrounded “by people who are fascists to the
core.”

Dalit activist and writer Teltumbde said
the government was “facilitating” the agitation, saying the protest
would not have taken place if the government had responded properly.
Saying the protesters were an “educated, urban, upper caste, MBA-like,
neo-liberal crowd,” he said creating discontent against the government
will actually aid neo-liberal reforms.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/activists-slam-anna-bill-blame-corporates-rss/835727/

Back to top Go down

Activists slam Anna Hazare agitation Empty Re: Activists slam Anna Hazare agitation

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:11 pm

http://www.hindustantimes.com/This-is-a-fascist-movement-says-Mahesh-Bhatt/Article1-736337.aspx

Back to top Go down

Activists slam Anna Hazare agitation Empty Re: Activists slam Anna Hazare agitation

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:29 pm

Rashmun wrote:http://www.hindustantimes.com/This-is-a-fascist-movement-says-Mahesh-Bhatt/Article1-736337.aspx

Who pays heed to the likes of Mahesh bhatt and Arudathi roy, etc? They don't command any respect.

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:16 pm

Wait a minute! This issue actually managed to put the "educated, urban, liberal crowd" on the opposite side of the likes of Mahesh Bhatt, Shabana Azmi, Arundhati Roy, etc. ? And these educated elite are now clubbed with the chaddis? That's an achievement in itself!

PS: My statement from another thread bears repeating - watch closely who all oppose Anna Hazare. They are the ones who are not to be trusted. I hope the educated elite don't forget this.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:22 pm

rashmun: after a week of continuous posting, i don't know what YOUR opinion on anna hazare is. are we to infer from your posts of pronouncements by people who don't support the movement, that YOU (not your idols comprising retired supreme court justices, bertrand russell, voltaire, dead tamil poets, vedantic philosophers, akbar, assorted hindi cinema personalities, the waiter who brought you your masala dosa in vellore, your taxi driver in kumbakonam etc.) don't support it?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:33 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:rashmun: after a week of continuous posting, i don't know what YOUR opinion on anna hazare is. are we to infer from your posts of pronouncements by people who don't support the movement, that YOU (not your idols comprising retired supreme court justices, bertrand russell, voltaire, dead tamil poets, vedantic philosophers, akbar, assorted hindi cinema personalities, the waiter who brought you your masala dosa in vellore, your taxi driver in kumbakonam etc.) don't support it?

i have made it very clear in the past that i am not supportive of Hazare because i cannot support anyone who wants to be a mascot of an anti-corruption movement who himself stands accused of corruption and whose workers and supporters stand accused of 'criminal activities' as per the report of retired Supreme Court justice Sawant.

Btw, could you give a few link(s) to any article(s) mentioning his links with the RSS that you were referring to earlier?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:35 pm

SomeProfile wrote:Wait a minute! This issue actually managed to put the "educated, urban, liberal crowd" on the opposite side of the likes of Mahesh Bhatt, Shabana Azmi, Arundhati Roy, etc. ? And these educated elite are now clubbed with the chaddis? That's an achievement in itself!

PS: My statement from another thread bears repeating - watch closely who all oppose Anna Hazare. They are the ones who are not to be trusted. I hope the educated elite don't forget this.

Shabana Azmi is actually supporting Anna Hazare.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-08-19/news-interviews/29905004_1_stronger-anti-corruption-anna-hazare-shabana-azmi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:45 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:rashmun: after a week of continuous posting, i don't know what YOUR opinion on anna hazare is. are we to infer from your posts of pronouncements by people who don't support the movement, that YOU (not your idols comprising retired supreme court justices, bertrand russell, voltaire, dead tamil poets, vedantic philosophers, akbar, assorted hindi cinema personalities, the waiter who brought you your masala dosa in vellore, your taxi driver in kumbakonam etc.) don't support it?

i also agree with the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister's opposition to the Anna Hazare version of the Lok Pal:

Jayalalitha against bringing PM under Lokpal
Chennai, Jun 27 (PTI)

Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalitha has said she was
against bringing the Prime Minister under the Lokpal's ambit as it would
undermine his authority and pave way for a ''parallel government.''

"The Prime Minister should be excluded from the purview of the
bill as he is already covered under the Prevention of Corruption Act
and the CBI can investigate," she said on Times Now today.

Expressing
fears that the bill could be used by foreign powers to "destabilise"
the nation, she said if the Prime Minister was included under the Bill,
he cannot function as he would have to focus more on defending himself
against the accusations.

"It would seriously dent the PM's
authority even if charges were proved wrong. The Prime Minister will be
put on the defensive and he has to constantly defend himself," she said
but added that the state government will give its opinion on this issue
only after getting the final draft which would be tabled in Parliament.
http://www.deccanherald.com/content/171996/jayalalitha-against-bringing-pm-lokpal.html

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:00 am

Rashmun wrote:
SomeProfile wrote:Wait a minute! This issue actually managed to put the "educated, urban, liberal crowd" on the opposite side of the likes of Mahesh Bhatt, Shabana Azmi, Arundhati Roy, etc. ? And these educated elite are now clubbed with the chaddis? That's an achievement in itself!

Shabana Azmi is actually supporting Anna Hazare.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-08-19/news-interviews/29905004_1_stronger-anti-corruption-anna-hazare-shabana-azmi

So, the Shabnam Hashmi in your original post was not a misspelling of Shabana Azmi? Awesome!

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:02 am

Rashmun wrote:

i also agree with the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister's opposition to the Anna Hazare version of the Lok Pal:

Are you truly retarded or what? Can you say a single fucking sentence without taking the support of somebody else?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:20 am

SomeProfile wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Are you truly retarded or what? Can you say a single fucking sentence without taking the support of somebody else?

--> I am agreeing with her criticism of the anna hazare version of the lok pal bill. i realize it must be freaking you out that so many people are critical of the anna hazare lok pal bill that you are now unable to use the 'us vs them' technique which you were planning to use all along.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:29 am

SomeProfile wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

The fact that you are resorting to unprovoked abusive language is reminiscent of the abuses Mahesh Bhatt says he is getting from Hazare supporters in response to his tweets criticizing the Hazare movement. According to Mahesh Bhatt, the Hazare movement and its supporters are fascists because they are intolerant of views which differ from their own. As an example, he points out the abuses he is getting for criticizing the Hazare movement and the Hazare version of the Lok Pal bill.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:41 pm

SP: Can you say a single fucking sentence without taking the support of somebody else?

Rashmun: Mahesh Bhatt says... according to Mahesh Bhatt... he points out...
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:16 pm

Seriously, at this point, we are speaking totally different languages or belong to different species or both.

SP: Do you know what it means to prove something from first principles?

Rashmun: I agree with my kindergarten school principal. He said... Blah blah blah.

Is this the training that PhD students get?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:18 pm

charvaka wrote:SP: Can you say a single fucking sentence without taking the support of somebody else?

Rashmun: Mahesh Bhatt says... according to Mahesh Bhatt... he points out...

This is the same Charvako who would heartily applaud my posts on Indian philosophy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down