Religious intolerance in India - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Religious intolerance in India

+13
bw
rawemotions
Vakavaka Pakapaka
smArtha
Kris
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
southindian
pravalika nanda
truthbetold
Merlot Daruwala
Propagandhi711
nevada
confuzzled dude
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Religious intolerance in India - Page 2 Empty Re: Religious intolerance in India

Post by rawemotions Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:27 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Here, enjoy. He ,along with others like him, thrived during his FIL YSR's regime: https://m.youtube.com/results?q=brother%20anil%20kumar&sm=12

Why did it not bother you then?
I understand your admiration for kafirs but there is huge difference between this and what's going on with chaddi-gang. I first heard of him when bayyaram mining scam was in the news. I don't think there were any serious media reports on his attempts to proselytize, if he weren't following the law I'm sure media would've outed him like they have been with BJP & Co.
It's not a question of not following the law. When hindus are converted to Christianity, Hindus are apathatic to it. But when Christians are converted back to Hinduidm, christians and their apologists make a huge hue and cry.
There are fundamental differences between Christianity/iSlam and old "religions" like Hinduism and Judaism. The old faiths didn't need conversions. The "new" ones needed converts and incorporated a process for survival and expansion. In Christianity, it is a virtue to convert others into the faith (they think they are saving savages from going to "hell"). iSlam is just a copycat.

Are "Ghar Vapasi" leaders (Togadia, et al.) changing Hinduism for worse?  Good question. Protecting "dharma" is a duty for every Hindu (and Buddhist & Sikh) and that involves not allowing others from exploiting. When Ravan was sending his followers to go and disrupt the activities of sages, Rama combed the forest and eliminated Ravan-ism. In fact, clearing Dandaka was a more significant activity than killing Ravan.

Coming back to Semitic faiths, they think that their religions are real and others (including pagans, natives, etc.) are going to hell. So, they are fundamentally opposed to the other faiths. Now, even if Hindus think that "all faiths lead to the same God", they can't just sit around and meditate on that thinking and expect others to abandon their belief systems. (As a kid, I have seen how some Christian preachers talk low of Hinduism. When I was at Andhra Loyola College, the "father" used twist Hinduism to show how wonderful his own fath was. When I interjected and clarified, I was fined for disrupting the class!)

Is Sonia a Hindu, Parsi, Catholic, CONwoman.....?

Unfortunately, these days, many Hindus with educational qualifications, use excuses for their inertia and give sermons to others who may be following dharma.

Sikularism Hatao Chaddi Bachao!
India has had in its history the only case perhaps anywhere in the world , where a Sikh Guru prevented Hindus from being forcibly converted and in the process got tortured to death. I hope there is a strong anti-conversion law in India that prevents organized conversions, conversions by inducements, forcible conversions and conversions by incentives and other fraudulent means and which ensures that any conversion goes through a judicial review, and it is named as "Guru Tegh Bahadur anti-conversion law".

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Religious intolerance in India - Page 2 Empty Re: Religious intolerance in India

Post by rawemotions Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:33 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Here, enjoy. He ,along with others like him, thrived during his FIL YSR's regime: https://m.youtube.com/results?q=brother%20anil%20kumar&sm=12

Why did it not bother you then?
I understand your admiration for kafirs but there is huge difference between this and what's going on with chaddi-gang. I first heard of him when bayyaram mining scam was in the news. I don't think there were any serious media reports on his attempts to proselytize, if he weren't following the law I'm sure media would've outed him like they have been with BJP & Co.
It's not a question of not following the law. When hindus are converted to Christianity, Hindus are apathatic to it. But when Christians are converted back to Hinduidm, christians and their apologists make a huge hue and cry.
There are fundamental differences between Christianity/iSlam and old "religions" like Hinduism and Judaism. The old faiths didn't need conversions. The "new" ones needed converts and incorporated a process for survival and expansion. In Christianity, it is a virtue to convert others into the faith (they think they are saving savages from going to "hell"). iSlam is just a copycat.

Are "Ghar Vapasi" leaders (Togadia, et al.) changing Hinduism for worse?  Good question. Protecting "dharma" is a duty for every Hindu (and Buddhist & Sikh) and that involves not allowing others from exploiting. When Ravan was sending his followers to go and disrupt the activities of sages, Rama combed the forest and eliminated Ravan-ism. In fact, clearing Dandaka was a more significant activity than killing Ravan.

Coming back to Semitic faiths, they think that their religions are real and others (including pagans, natives, etc.) are going to hell. So, they are fundamentally opposed to the other faiths. Now, even if Hindus think that "all faiths lead to the same God", they can't just sit around and meditate on that thinking and expect others to abandon their belief systems. (As a kid, I have seen how some Christian preachers talk low of Hinduism. When I was at Andhra Loyola College, the "father" used twist Hinduism to show how wonderful his own fath was. When I interjected and clarified, I was fined for disrupting the class!)

Is Sonia a Hindu, Parsi, Catholic, CONwoman.....?

Unfortunately, these days, many Hindus with educational qualifications, use excuses for their inertia and give sermons to others who may be following dharma.

Sikularism Hatao Chaddi Bachao!
Some people are speaking out. Hopefully it becomes a movement that questions the monomaniacs for their nefarious activities.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Mangalore/seer-seeks-districtlevel-panels-to-stop-forceful-conversions/article6730503.ece

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:35 am

rawemotions wrote:
India has had in its history the only case perhaps anywhere in the world , where a Sikh Guru prevented Hindus from being forcibly converted and in the process got tortured to death.

Rawmotions, wouldn't you agree that even by your own rather low standards, this must be the most senseless statement you have made till date?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:24 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
rawemotions wrote:
India has had in its history the only case perhaps anywhere in the world , where a Sikh Guru prevented Hindus from being forcibly converted and in the process got tortured to death.

Rawmotions, wouldn't you agree that even by your own rather low standards, this must be the most senseless statement you have made till date?
I actually pity you for your ignorance of history. But what can we expect when Congress and leftists decided the syllabus? Anyway, let me elucidate.

The reason it is unique and not found anywhere else in the world, is given below. We have had saints defending folks of their own religion. But can you show me a case where a guru/saint of one religion willingly underwent torture and laid down his life, at the ends of an Islamic invader, to protect folks of another religion ?  Guru Tegh Bahadur challenged Aurangzeb to convert him, and said Hindus of a section of North India, would convert if he could be converted.

Just imagine the extent of torture, Aurangzeb must have meted out to the Guru, so that he could easily convert all Hindus in a section of North India, without direct effort to reach every Hindu. Guru Tegh Bahadur gave his life, but never converted, despite relentless torture. It is something every Indian (especially Muslims and Christians) need to learn. Did our history books talk about these topics ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guru_Tegh_Bahadur

Excerpts
Guru Tegh Bahadur (Punjabi: ਗੁਰੂ ਤੇਗ਼ ਬਹਾਦਰ, Punjabi pronunciation: [ɡʊru teɣ bəhɑdʊɾ]; 1 April 1621 – 11 November 1675,[1][2]), also known as Hind-di-Chaadar (Protector of India) for protecting Hindus and Sikhs against forced conversion in the hands of Muslimsunder Aurangzeb, became the 9th Guru of Sikhs on 16 April 1664, a position earlier occupied by his grand-nephew, Guru Har Krishan. Guru Tegh Bahadur was executed on the orders of Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb in Delhi[3] for resisting the forced conversions of Hindus in Kashmir.[4]

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:11 pm

all religions - DIE!!!

that's all.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:38 pm

bw wrote:all religions - DIE!!!

that's all.

Good try saying that in a Musalman forum or to a Musalman - FIRST.

Jews, Jains, Sikhs, Hindus never indulged in conversion games. Christians and then the iSlamis were the ONLY and Chief culprits as they used religion as a tool to control and spread power.

So which one is it you are going to start with ? Christians or Musalman?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:45 pm

Yesterday I noticed in front of a Catholic Church how they have copied and duplicated a hindu sentiment and custom to entice, trick, and control hindus.

Outside the regualr Church, they put a a small church with Mary Amma with garland and Indian style Lamp with the words "Idhu un Thai" (This is your mother) above this small temple.

I saw scores of poor saree-clad women praying in front of this small church after coming out of a Vishnu temple on their Vaikunda Ekadhasi day yesterday. This was in Erode. I did not notice from the moving bus if there was a Tilak on Mary Amma Statue.

And, this has given me an idea for the Chintak Baitakians to consider.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:48 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

that's all.

Jews, Jains, Sikhs, Hindus never indulged in conversion games. Christians and then the iSlamis were the ONLY and Chief culprits as they used religion as a tool to control and spread power.

how can one "convert" anyway? i can't even fathom what it means to convert - agree to do stupid rituals from another religion? i am not starting anything - just wish they all DIE. i don't care for any religion, islam and christianity included.

i have contempt for all religious zealots.  anyway, the whole religion thing was started by schizos and people with OCDs as per dr.sapolsky and who cares what flavour of OCD one chooses to adopt.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:08 pm

bw wrote:

that's all.

how can one "convert" anyway? i can't even fathom what it means to convert - agree to do stupid rituals from another religion? i am not starting anything - just wish they all DIE. i don't care for any religion, islam and christianity included.

i have contempt for all religious zealots.  anyway, the whole religion thing was started by schizos and people with OCDs as per dr.sapolsky and who cares what flavour of OCD one chooses to adopt.

You should tell that first to Fr. Gnana Sunyam who was openly converting Sowmya, Iyannan, ........ publicly in front of 100s of mostly hindu tourists in the urine-purified Parazhiyaaru under Mathur Aqueduct. in Kanyakumari DT.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:29 pm

bw wrote:

that's all.

You should tell that first to Fr. Gnana Sunyam who was openly converting Sowmya, Iyannan, ........ publicly in front of 100s of mostly hindu tourists in the urine-purified Parazhiyaaru under Mathur Aqueduct. in Kanyakumari DT.

sure, i will, if i meet him. i can't stand these jesus nuts who try to brainwash people. i told off one nut(an american one) who went on and on about some major calamity that is awaiting us. i knew where he was going with it but played innocent. he finally got to the point and said that there is one sure way to escape it and that is by accepting jesus. i told him that we are all robots controlled by aliens and jesus was just another program that had a dramatic finish. he avoids me since then.

gyana sunyam?? is that his real name? haha.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:49 pm

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:37 am

bw wrote:gyana sunyam?? is that his real name? haha.

Fits TBT like a glove. I hope we are not violating Such privacy policy by revealing his purported real name.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:39 am

FluteHolder wrote:

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:42 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Fits TBT like a glove. I hope we are not violating Such privacy policy by revealing his purported real name.

MD's favourite:

2014- uppili
2015 - tbt?

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:13 am

bw wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

MD's favourite:

2014- uppili
2015 - tbt?

Haha..It's both. My circle of love is expanding.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:12 am

bw wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

MD's favourite:

2014- uppili
2015 - tbt?
Md is deeply hurt from 2014 exposures of his windbag vision. He cannot fight back on issues. So he falls back on his favorite defense. Name calling.  Call me anything you like and dream about me all day and night. You are still a wimp because you cannot stand up to your own beliefs.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:23 pm

that's all.

what about all the great music, literature, and art inspired undoubtedly by religion?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:31 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

that's all.

what about all the great music, literature, and art inspired undoubtedly by religion?
No. We negate anything which we donot like or understand. We love only new age dhadiwalas with a phd or in an university setting lecturing wearing 'shorts'?. If all concepts needs to die then this Dr.Spooky's too.

It is like another Dhadiwalla Chinmayanda said 'You donot ban knife completely just bcz someone doesnot know how to use the knife (knife can be used to cut a fruit but also can kill some one)".

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:03 pm

FluteHolder wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

that's all.

No. We negate anything which we donot like or understand. We love only new age dhadiwalas with a phd or in an university setting lecturing wearing 'shorts'?. If all concepts needs to die then this Dr.Spooky's too.

It is like another Dhadiwalla Chinmayanda said 'You donot ban knife completely just bcz someone doesnot know how to use the knife (knife can be used to cut a fruit but also can kill some one)".

the gun nuts use this argument too.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:01 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

that's all.

they may remain.

i know that religion has inspired people into producing great works of literature, art, music and architecture but overall, i feel religion has caused more harm than good. i can relate to religion as something that guides you to lead a 'good' life and provide solace in times of trouble but not the rest of it - the rituals, the theories of how world was formed, definition of who "god" is and so on. the most bitter wars of the world have been fought over religion.

i hope jesus, allah, krishna and other various beliefs all get reduced to the state of greek, roman and norse gods - enjoyed purely for their literary, entertainment and art value.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:04 pm

bw wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

that's all.

they may remain.

i know that religion has inspired people into producing great works of literature, art, music and architecture but overall, i feel religion has caused more harm than good. i can relate to religion as something that guides you to lead a 'good' life and provide solace in times of trouble but not the rest of it - the rituals, the theories of how world was formed, definition of who "god" is and so on. the most bitter wars of the world have been fought over religion.

i hope jesus, allah, krishna and other various beliefs all get reduced to the state of greek, roman and norse gods - enjoyed purely for their literary, entertainment and art value.

i mostly agree except the bit about wars. wars at their core once you have whittled away other trappings have always been about the fight for economic resources.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:13 pm

FluteHolder wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

that's all.

No. We negate anything which we donot like or understand.

aren't you doing precisely that? Smile

We love only new age dhadiwalas with a phd or in an university setting lecturing wearing 'shorts'?. If all concepts needs to die then this Dr.Spooky's too.

who is "we"? i think deepak chopra is a nut.

what is interesting to me is this - despite all the posts of sadhguru you have shared with us, you are quick to show derision and engage in name calling when someone proposes a theory about various religious rituals that is different from what you believe in. this is precisely what religions cause in most people - intolerance instead of tolerance!

i don't think you listened to dr.sapolsky's lecture at all. listen to his full lecture if you are truly open-minded. he has not 'dismissed' anything but tried to understand the biological underpinnings of some of the rituals and he does it in a most respectful fashion.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:33 pm

i didn't find sapolsky's lecture particularly insightful. just a bunch of assertions without proof. i may have posted this a long time ago, but i found this useful:

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:17 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
bw wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

that's all.

they may remain.

i mostly agree except the bit about wars. wars at their core once you have whittled away other trappings have always been about the fight for economic resources.
Such generalizations are the root cause of many incorrect decisions being made even today. and ignores the Political aspects of the faith of monomaniacs. What about the crusades ? 
There were wars waged purely for Missionary purposes, where the underlying goal has always been extending
religion to a new set of folks. 

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:37 am

I donot regard the professor's view as I donot know about that as well as I donot care. But I let him have his views. But just bcz one doesnot understand the rituals nor its meanings or purpose and paint a wide brush on everything you donot know or not try to understand as false is wrong. Of course there are/were superstitions/bad habits which were intermingled in some rituals but these were bound to happen over the period of time based on the society's knowledge/cultural levels at those periods in time. Rituals are in a way to affirmation of further goals/objectives which may be gotten after the rituals. It is like controlling a horse the fence is put at a large area and slowly the fence is slowly reduced to a smaller size to train the horse. Same way to focus once mind some of the rituals may be needed. If you are going into an important meeting there are so many things need to be arranged/organized to get the best out of the meeting. Some of the steps of the rituals are just that. 

One could get the benefits of meditation/yoga/natural medicine/ayurveda etc but when it comes to other concepts which we do not understand we negate them as false. Just few days ago saw a news about CA based schools were they introduced 30 minute meditation and they have seen dramatic improvements in student behavior/scores.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:41 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i didn't find sapolsky's lecture particularly insightful. just a bunch of assertions without proof. i may have posted this a long time ago, but i found this useful:

is your comment about the whole lecture or just the bit i posted above? i found his observations about why schizophrenia gene and other "bad" genes have survived and still exist and thrive quite gripping and fascinating. will listen to the one you posted later.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:46 pm

The bad news is 62% feel hotheads of the Sangh Parivar are adversely affecting the government’s development agenda. And that’s a problem because over 2/3 of those surveyed maintain that development and the economy should be the government’s focus.

The results should not surprise Modi. He never pretended to be anything but a proud unapologetic Hindu but he sold himself to the voters as an economy-builder, not a temple-builder. Indians are fine, even proud of him, for handing out Bhagvad Gitas to world leaders. But they are not so happy with Ghar Wapsi mega-rallies or Love Jihad hysteria or thugs vandalizing movie theaters screening PK.
And while the BJP’s supporters want to downplay these controversies as media-created, even Dasgupta writes in The Telegraph that “one of the principal reasons for the NDA’s unexpected defeat in 2004 was the near-total consolidation of India’s minorities – particularly Muslims and Christians against it.” He cautions that “the ghar wapisi movement has been blown up to such an extent that many Christians feels there is a national campaign of targeted persecution.”
http://www.firstpost.com/politics/stuck-between-rss-and-a-hard-place-narendra-modi-has-a-family-problem-2026737.html

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:00 pm

In small-town northern India, Muslims are offered food and money to convert to Hinduism. If that doesn’t suffice, they say they’re threatened
“We told him we feel insecure and fearful,” said the Rev. Dominic Emmanuel, a Roman Catholic priest who was in a delegation of religious leaders who met a few days ago with Modi. “We told him, ‘If there were just two words from your side, prime minister, we would feel so much better.’ ”

But according to Emmanuel, Modi dismissed the fears as media exaggeration and told the group it wasn’t his role to weigh in on every issue.
Just how much Modi actually supports that sprawling agenda -- which includes everything from demands to rewrite school textbooks to, at the most extreme end, the expulsion of non-Hindus from India -- remains unclear.

Certainly, he is sympathetic to parts of it.
http://www.macon.com/2015/01/03/3509420/religion-in-india-bubbles-over.html

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:53 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
In small-town northern India, Muslims are offered food and money to convert to Hinduism. If that doesn’t suffice, they say they’re threatened
“We told him we feel insecure and fearful,” said the Rev. Dominic Emmanuel, a Roman Catholic priest who was in a delegation of religious leaders who met a few days ago with Modi. “We told him, ‘If there were just two words from your side, prime minister, we would feel so much better.’ ”

But according to Emmanuel, Modi dismissed the fears as media exaggeration and told the group it wasn’t his role to weigh in on every issue.
Just how much Modi actually supports that sprawling agenda -- which includes everything from demands to rewrite school textbooks to, at the most extreme end, the expulsion of non-Hindus from India -- remains unclear.

Certainly, he is sympathetic to parts of it.
http://www.macon.com/2015/01/03/3509420/religion-in-india-bubbles-over.html

What about the hindus who feel feel, threatened, and constantly pressured and intimidated. If what the RSS and BJP do is wrong, then they are only reflecting the fear and persecuation/pressure felt by a good 40% of the electorates.. And that - to me - is more important than the feelings of any others.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:00 am

What about the hindus who feel feel, threatened, and constantly pressured and intimidated. If what the RSS and BJP do is wrong, then they are only reflecting the fear and persecuation/pressure felt by a good 40% of the electorates..  And that - to me - is more important than the feelings of any others.
You mean the types that are scared to walk into Muslim localities after 8pm, and challenge others if they have guts to do that?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:16 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
What about the hindus who feel feel, threatened, and constantly pressured and intimidated. If what the RSS and BJP do is wrong, then they are only reflecting the fear and persecuation/pressure felt by a good 40% of the electorates..  And that - to me - is more important than the feelings of any others.
You mean the types that are scared to walk into Muslim localities city centers *fixed* after 8pm, and challenge others if they have guts to do that?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:35 pm

Why isn't it okay for Hinduism to accept people in it from outside through conversions / re-conversions, following the example of other religions which in the past have been getting Hindus to join them after conversions (sometimes with the help of monetary rewards / privileges and even threats / coercion)?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:12 am

confuzzled dude wrote:Hope is in danger of crumbling that Prime Minister Narendra Modi would rein in the divisive agenda of his militant Hindu-nationalist supporters and allow India to concentrate on the important work of economic reform, and the blame lies squarely with Mr. Modi.

During the last days of its winter session ending on Tuesday, Parliament was unable to deal with important legislative business because of repeated adjournments and an uproar over attempts by Hindu groups to convert Christians and Muslims. The issue has come to a head following a “homecoming” campaign by the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh and the Vishwa Hindu Parishad — groups dedicated to transforming India’s secular democracy into a Hindu state 
Did the RSS and VHP start following others’ lead in conversions / re-conversions?  

Many people in the West, including some political leaders and parties in the western “secular” democracies in the past and probably even now, have actively pursued the evangelical activities / conversions around the world by directly lending moral and other kinds of support (including the financial support sometimes wrapped as foreign aid), while even having the Pope as their official / unofficial religious head go around the world conducting and campaigning in favor of religious conversions on their behalf.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:16 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:Hope is in danger of crumbling that Prime Minister Narendra Modi would rein in the divisive agenda of his militant Hindu-nationalist supporters and allow India to concentrate on the important work of economic reform, and the blame lies squarely with Mr. Modi.

During the last days of its winter session ending on Tuesday, Parliament was unable to deal with important legislative business because of repeated adjournments and an uproar over attempts by Hindu groups to convert Christians and Muslims. The issue has come to a head following a “homecoming” campaign by the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh and the Vishwa Hindu Parishad — groups dedicated to transforming India’s secular democracy into a Hindu state — to “reconvert” Christians and Muslims to Hinduism.

In recent weeks, Hindu militants have engineered conversions of Muslims and Christians in Agra and in the states of Gujarat and Kerala. Police are investigating accusations that people have been induced to participate in mass conversion meetings by a combination of intimidation and bribery, including the promise of food ration cards. Attacks on Christians and their places of worship have intensified in recent weeks. One of New Delhi’s biggest churches burned down on Dec. 1 — arson is being blamed — and Christmas carolers were attacked on their way home in the city of Hyderabad on Dec. 12.

More than 80 percent of Indians are Hindus, but Muslims, Christians and Sikhs form important religious minorities with centuries of history in India. Religious pluralism and freedom are protected by India’s Constitution. The issue of religious conversion is contentious in India. Many Dalits, known formerly as untouchables, and other low-caste Hindus and Tribals admit they convert to Islam or Christianity primarily to escape crushing caste prejudice and oppression. The main architect of the Constitution, Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar, born a Dalit, famously converted to Buddhism to escape caste-oppression under Hinduism.

As opposition political leaders are demanding, Mr. Modi must break his silence and issue a stern warning to emboldened Hindu militants before their actions turn further progress on economic reform into a sideshow, with the politics and divisiveness occupying center stage.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/26/opinion/religious-intolerance-in-india.html?_r=0

The WORST form of religious intolerance is making conversion and converting hindus the central religious ideology and carrying it out through trick or trade (or violence) all over the globe for over 1500 years as has been the Islamis and the Christians against the hindus.

So, please focus on that and protest FIRST. If they stop their 1000 yr single-minded mission, then most problems will cease in this world.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:57 pm

Some popular myths that have no basis in facts, but are oft repeated blindly without any substantiation:

* All religions are the same.

* All religions are bad.

* All religions are equally bad.

* Religion has caused more harm than good.

* The worst wars have been fought over religion.

Each and everyone of the above are stupid generalizations made by lazy minds.

Another common mistake is to confuse cultural or regional practices with religion. Example: The practice of sati was extremely limited in time and space and groups which practiced it, and had absolutely no basis or sanction in Hindu religion. Yet, it continues to be brought up as an example of "evil Hindu practices". To compare and contrast, the practice of hijab is most definitely religious.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2