its been a while.. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

its been a while..

+5
bw
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
MaxEntropy_Man
Kris
Impedimenta
9 posters

Go down

its been a while.. Empty its been a while..

Post by Impedimenta Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:28 am

Since I lazed around on a Sunday afternoon....filter kaapi awaits me.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

its been a while.. Empty Re: its been a while..

Post by Kris Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:45 am

Impedimenta wrote:Since I lazed around on a Sunday afternoon....filter kaapi awaits me.
>>>at 3:45 am? afternoons start early these days, i guess...Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:46 pm

kris, singara chennai :-)

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:50 pm

Impedimenta wrote:kris, singara chennai :-)

what i'd give to be wandering about santhome beach, giri trading, kacheri road, higginbothams, landmarks book stores, music academy, and british council library right now!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:08 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

what i'd give to be wandering about santhome beach, giri trading, kacheri road, higginbothams, landmarks book stores, music academy, and british council library right now!

Madras is hot ALREADY. This time it became warmer by about 5 C by dec end. Strange. Now mid feb, power cut, hot weather, brown/black/green outs, and then the perennial water outs....

And they call this city Singara chennai. More aptly should be called Asinga Chennai.

P.S. Nothing beats CBE.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:54 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Madras is hot ALREADY. This time it became warmer by about 5 C by dec end. Strange.  Now mid feb, power cut, hot weather, brown/black/green outs, and then the perennial water outs....

And they call this city Singara chennai. More aptly should be called Asinga Chennai.

P.S. Nothing beats CBE.
December- January is the only time I have been there when the weather was tolerable.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:55 pm

>>>Have fun.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:26 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Madras is hot ALREADY. This time it became warmer by about 5 C by dec end. Strange.  Now mid feb, power cut, hot weather, brown/black/green outs, and then the perennial water outs....

P.S. Nothing beats CBE.
the mind wants to see what it wants to see. perception depends on the state of one's mind. Sorta the same philosophy with people. don't you think?

I'm having a great time here. you can see it differently but it makes very little difference to me, given the state of my mind right now. After my show, it's a different thing :-) i might start my complaints.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:26 pm

Kris wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

P.S. Nothing beats CBE.
December- January is the only time I have been there when the weather was tolerable.

It begins to warm up into mid 90s after pOngal. But, this time I noticed the temps were in the 90s by new years, and it was oscillating 85 to 95.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:28 pm

Kris wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

P.S. Nothing beats CBE.

It begins to warm up into mid 90s after pOngal. But, this time I noticed the temps were in the 90s by new years, and it was oscillating 85 to 95.

neengal ellam alaska-le porandu vaLanda gumbala?

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:32 pm

Kris wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

P.S. Nothing beats CBE.

Who said that?. Current temperature is 75 and it's been that way for the past month and a half. Usually it gets hotter after Pongal, but this year it has been pleasant till now in the 70s with occasional showers thrown in.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:41 pm

May be it is 75 now. That is bcz of the heavy snow in Mass, and the cold wave is drifting down to Madras.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:47 pm

Impedimenta wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

P.S. Nothing beats CBE.
the mind wants to see what it wants to see. perception depends on the state of one's mind. Sorta the same philosophy with people. don't you think?

I'm having a great time here. you can see it differently but it makes very little difference to me, given the state of my mind right now. After my show, it's a different thing :-) i might start my complaints.
>>>Before you start dissing my native city, I would like to remind you that you are from Joi-sey Smile. Keep that in mind.  Hahahha

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:55 pm

Kris wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

P.S. Nothing beats CBE.

>>>Before you start dissing my native city, I would like to remind you that you are from Joi-sey Smile. Keep that in mind.  Hahahha

This was a perennial problem in my house. My dad, grandfather, aunts, and uncles batting for Madras non-stop (how do you think I know so much about Madras from the 1920s), while I diss madras about everything. My hatred against madras is bcz of the way they have ruined that city that I love(d) but CBE and NKL are my unquestioned love.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:54 pm

so nervous and excited at the same time!  Show in a few hours... Cool

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:58 pm

Kris wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

P.S. Nothing beats CBE.

This was a perennial problem in my house. My dad, grandfather, aunts, and uncles batting for Madras non-stop (how do you think I know so much about Madras from the 1920s), while I diss madras about everything. My hatred against madras is bcz of the way they have ruined that city that I love(d) but  CBE and NKL are my unquestioned love.

yes it was beautiful until they kicked the telugus out.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:25 am

pravalika nanda wrote:

Actually telugus were never kicked out. In fact, the gults came in droves to make it in the movie world. All you had in Andhra till the 80s were agro lands and Madrasi gults could not have survived had they moved to Andhra. After all, Andhra was on par with Bihar till the 70s.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:30 am

pravalika nanda wrote:

Actually telugus were never kicked out. In fact, the gults came in droves to make it in the movie world. All you had in Andhra till the 80s were agro lands and Madrasi gults could not have survived had they moved to Andhra. After all, Andhra was on par with Bihar till the 70s.

show me links and data. i don't trust you one bit. you like to make up things as you go along.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:37 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

show me links and data. i don't trust you one bit. you like to make up things as you go along.

You should believe when 103 yr olds say something...dont question them....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:52 am

pravalika nanda wrote:

Thanks to Tamilians for doing Mohd. Ghazni & Ghori on Andhras; looting certainly helped in this case.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:55 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

Thanks to Tamilians for doing Mohd. Ghazni & Ghori on Andhras; looting certainly helped in this case.

How so, Comrade?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:11 am

Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

How so, Comrade?
Having Chennai certainly helped TN.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum