older is in chennai... Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

older is in chennai...

+6
truthbetold
swapna
Appalamma
southindian
Propagandhi711
confuzzled dude
10 posters

Go down

older is in chennai... Empty older is in chennai...

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 9:38 am

..to help his team - college drone club -- get a US visa (he already has a 10 year visa from last year). 

older is in chennai... 2015-019
older is in chennai... 2015-021

feeling sorry for my bimaru baby.  Crying or Very sad lil baby coochie coo.  Sad

Back to top Go down

older is in chennai... Empty Re: older is in chennai...

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 9:54 am

older is in chennai... 2015-023
older is in chennai... 2015-024

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 10:00 am

just googled. this fucking amma is from karnataka by birth and kannada is as foreign as hindi in chennai? how so? why so? how for why so?

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu May 21, 2015 10:03 am

Looks like your older's education system failed him.

"All the sign boards here are Tamil", "Karnatakan"

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu May 21, 2015 10:37 am

LOL...funny exchange. especially your suggestion on going to madras christian college and finding syrian kishtians with hindi phd teachers

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 11:55 am

confuzzled dude wrote:Looks like your older's education system failed him.

yes.  Sad but succour in the fact that he can eke a living in bangalore. prime steaks in "only place" and free flowing hindi and kannada conversations with public. 

my school friend who is a top executive in a real estate company now had this to say and i paraphrase:

chennai was the worst place i have lived in (i was with yum foods then). you give the tamilian an instruction and by the time he has walked out of the room, he has forgotten the instruction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 12:00 pm

older is in chennai... 2015-025

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu May 21, 2015 12:11 pm

They speak ALL languages... Kannada, Andhra, Hindi... everything. Money works in Hotels and ALL places then Chennai speaks everything.

The working class and poor mostly speak Tamil.

PS: Syrian Christians exclusively speak Hindi in all language. Smile
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu May 21, 2015 12:11 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:LOL...funny exchange. especially your suggestion on going to madras christian college and finding syrian kishtians with hindi phd teachers
lol!
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Appalamma Thu May 21, 2015 12:29 pm

southindian wrote:They speak ALL languages... Kannada, Andhra, Hindi... everything. Money works in Hotels and ALL places then Chennai speaks everything.

Andhra is NOT a language. It is Telugu.

Appalamma

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Thu May 21, 2015 12:57 pm

southindian wrote:They speak ALL languages... Kannada, Andhra, Hindi... everything. Money works in Hotels and ALL places then Chennai speaks everything.

vivek patel, what does "speak hindi in all language" mean?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Thu May 21, 2015 1:04 pm

is "older" your "distant relative who happens to be your wife's older son?" has ganpath ram accompanied  him to chennai?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu May 21, 2015 1:08 pm

swapna wrote:

Thomas, it means if you wave enough bundles on money they will speak Hindi in every possible way standing on 2 hands or one leg.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Thu May 21, 2015 1:36 pm

southindian wrote:
swapna wrote:

Thomas, it means if you wave enough bundles on money they will speak Hindi in every possible way standing on 2 hands or one leg.

mr patel, what does "wave bundles on money" mean? bundles of what?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu May 21, 2015 2:57 pm

swapna wrote:
southindian wrote:
swapna wrote:

mr patel, what does "wave bundles on money" mean? bundles of what?
Thomas,

Re-read the previous post with "wave bundles of money". Or Not.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 22, 2015 4:49 am

kid sent me a link. mcc is #1.  affraid

http://grabhouse.com/urbancocktail/haunted-places-in-chennai-get-your-spook-on/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=FB+Page

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri May 22, 2015 5:04 am

Brie,
Why is it surprising that tamilins speak Tamil and put up sign boards in Tamil?

Jayalalita's is among many Tamil families who live in Karnataka. 

Suggest some fact checking before making incendiary comments.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 22, 2015 6:09 am

truthbetold wrote:Brie,

tbt, the comments were not to be taken seriously. they were a jibe at the typical anti-ni statements flimmy iyer and others make here (bimaru etc.). i just wanted to restore the balance. Smile 

that being said, tamilians ae a class apart. here is my personal opinion:

(i) signboards ONLY in tamil -- eeeeesh; use english too please;

(ii) tamilians are a bit crazy (like the romans in asterix) about their lanuageu. need to grow up;

(iii) tamilians living outside tn do not integrate well and are the targets of local resentment.

(iv) i did not know amma was from knataka. learnt it from my son last night -- thus the surprise.

lastly, my intent was also to show the typical shock an ni experiences when he visits chennai/tn. the "shock" is not entirely misplaced though some of the ni's prejudiced feelings might be misplaced.

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri May 22, 2015 9:09 am

brie wrote:

tbt, the comments were not to be taken seriously. they were a jibe at the typical anti-ni statements flimmy iyer and others make here (bimaru etc.). i just wanted to restore the balance. Smile 

(ii) tamilians are a bit crazy (like the romans in asterix) about their lanuageu. need to grow up;

(iii) tamilians living outside tn do not integrate well and are the targets of local resentment.

(iv) i did not know amma was from knataka. learnt it from my son last night -- thus the surprise.

lastly, my intent was also to show the typical shock an ni experiences when he visits chennai/tn. the "shock" is not entirely misplaced though some of the ni's prejudiced feelings might be misplaced.

Thomas (Flimmy Iyer) and Max are ancient Tamils much like that KV guy. They have a frozen view of Chennai (TN) and are happy to see in their rear view mirror. These folks here are fun to read than taken seriously. You and son may know more about Chennai than these dinosaurs.

I visit Chennai a minimum of 3 to 4 times a year and have seen a sea change in Chennai in the last 10 years.

1. Its not just Tamil anymore in Chennai except for the rural or the poor. They are same as any rural/poor from any other Indian state.

2. You can speak Hindi or other languages in Restaurants, Hotels, many shops, offices and you will get responses you are looking for. Billboards are commercial face that are visible. They have to be in Tamil else there's always a fear of local goons destroying property. Happens in other parts of India as well.

3. If you have money, you can have fun in whatever language you want. older is in chennai... Icon_wink Tamils are no different than Indians from any other states.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 22, 2015 9:22 am

southindian wrote:
brie wrote:

Thomas (Flimmy Iyer) and Max are ancient Tamils much like that KV guy. They have a frozen view of Chennai (TN) and are happy to see in their rear view mirror. These folks here are fun to read than taken seriously. You and son may know more about Chennai than these dinosaurs.

I visit Chennai a minimum of 3 to 4 times a year and have seen a sea change in Chennai in the last 10 years.

1. Its not just Tamil anymore in Chennai except for the rural or the poor. They are same as any rural/poor from any other Indian state.

2. You can speak Hindi or other languages in Restaurants, Hotels, many shops, offices and you will get responses you are looking for. Billboards are commercial face that are visible. They have to be in Tamil else there's always a fear of local goons destroying property. Happens in other parts of India as well.

3. If you have money, you can have fun in whatever language you want. older is in chennai... Icon_wink Tamils are no different than Indians from any other states.
very interesting southindian. you are right. older and his friends, being student, stayed in a "service apartment" and took the train to chennai and the bus back -- so he would not know. your comments put things in perspective. i've visted chennai a couple of times in my life and the last visit was in in my late twenties. i had put up in a 5 star and did not notice any cultural difference to speak of. yes, the crabs were awesome -- we ate them roasted by the beach and around a camp fire. did go shopping in the galis -- was crowded and messy like any other place (malls weren't around then).

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Fri May 22, 2015 10:48 am

brie wrote:that being said, tamilians are a class apart.  

their food habits are different. for instance, they don't eat the yellow daal that looks like something one might find in an infant's diaper. not with roti; not with rice.

one of the delicacies of the tamilian commercial castes' diet is fried, northindian testicles. they are first separated from the northindian, marinated overnight in a delicate sauce, and fried in coconut oil, with plenty of coriander, turmeric, chili powder, and curry leaves. 

fair, northindian testicles are highly valued. no one wants dark or medium-brown ones.

northindian men, especially the fair ones, should be on their guard whenever a tambi speaks to them in hindi; the tambi is only getting friendly to gain access to their gonads. the prudent northindian should clutch his jewels tightly in his hands at all such times, and deny the tambi his favourite food.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 22, 2015 11:25 am

swapna wrote:
brie wrote:that being said, tamilians are a class apart.  

their food habits are different. for instance, they don't eat the yellow daal that looks like something one might find in an infant's diaper. not with roti; not with rice.

one of the delicacies of the tamilian commercial castes' diet is fried, northindian testicles. they are first separated from the northindian, marinated overnight in a delicate sauce, and fried in coconut oil, with plenty of coriander, turmeric, chili powder, and curry leaves. 

fair, northindian testicles are highly valued. no one wants dark or medium-brown ones.
northindian men, especially the fair ones, should be on their guard whenever a tambi speaks to them in hindi; the tambi is only getting friendly to gain access to their gonads. the prudent northindian should clutch his jewels tightly in his hands at all such times, and deny the tambi his favourite food.

flimmy iyer wrote: no one wants dark or medium-brown ones.

ARE YOU DARK OR MEDIUM BROWN? ANSWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR 

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat May 23, 2015 10:01 am

brie wrote:
very interesting southindian. you are right. older and his friends, being student, stayed in a "service apartment" and took the train to chennai and the bus back -- so he would not know. your comments put things in perspective. i've visted chennai a couple of times in my life and the last visit was in in my late twenties. i had put up in a 5 star and did not notice any cultural difference to speak of. yes, the crabs were awesome -- we ate them roasted by the beach and around a camp fire. did go shopping in the galis -- was crowded and messy like any other place (malls weren't around then).
The one quality that distinguishes a South Indian from a North Indian is, a typical SI when he travels to another state (SI state or NI state) he understands that they (most of them) do not speak his native tongue and do not expect them to understand his native language nor whine about them not understanding his language.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sat May 23, 2015 10:16 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
brie wrote:
The one quality that distinguishes a South Indian from a North Indian is, a typical SI when he travels to another state (SI state or NI state) he understands that they (most of them) do not speak his native tongue and do not expect them to understand his native language nor whine about them not understanding his language.

That's because  it's their native language. Not national language.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat May 23, 2015 10:39 am

seven wrote:That's because  it's their native language. Not national language.
Another trait of a typical NI is, lack of knowledge of constitution.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/hindi-not-a-national-language-court/article94695.ece

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat May 23, 2015 12:25 pm

the observations and opinions of rakhee ghelani, traveler and writer, on southern india, and how it's different from northindia:

rakheeghelani.com/2011/11/11/the-differences-between-north-and-south-india/

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sat May 23, 2015 12:45 pm

swapna wrote:the observations and opinions of rakhee ghelani, traveler and writer, on southern india, and how it's different from northindia:

navneet chopra -
In general South Indians are more civilized than the North Indians – you feel it on a railway platform where people apologize if you bump into them and in north either they don’t care or they start fighting…! Otherwise, human nature is largely same everywhere…

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat May 23, 2015 6:49 pm

swapna wrote:the observations and opinions of rakhee ghelani, traveler and writer, on southern india, and how it's different from northindia:

more from ghelani:

[size=63]I immediately felt that there was a huge cultural shift between North and South. It’s not just the food and climate though that makes South Indria like a different country to me, it is the people and the environment.[/size]

[size=63]First thing that became apparent was how clean the streets were. I have previously talked about the pollution I saw in Northern India, [/size][size=63]but there is still a lot about the environment there that I have left unsaid thus far. Whilst South India is far from being pollution free, the streets here are visibly cleaner. [/size]

[size=63]I am yet to encounter large piles of rubbish or step in animal faeces in the street.  The streets appear to be much better looked after by the people, with no sign of people abandoning their plastic to the streets anywhere and everywhere.  [/size]

[size=63]I am certain this contributes to how beautiful it is in the south, the land is free to be seen without being covered in a sea of garbage.[/size]

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 8:12 am

he's a fast learner.  Razz

older is in chennai... 2015-026

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun May 24, 2015 10:18 am

brie wrote:

Good for him and you too. Remember, I never blamed the older for not knowing the subtle nuances.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 11:06 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
brie wrote:

Good for him and you too. Remember, I never blamed the older for not knowing the subtle nuances.
i know that cd. older is in chennai... Icon_smile  thus i never took it to heart. anyway, one is never too old to learn and a parent will be a parent (always expecting kids to learn). your humble disclaimer indicates that you too must be a parent or must know what it feels like to be one (you repeated your father's story with a humble disclaimer that you were perhaps repeating it but i read it for the first time). 

that apart, this is the first summer older won't be coming home. i will probably meet him in the last week of this year or early next year. next month he will be in usa and in july he has an internship with http://www.systemantics.com/

can't say sad, can't say happy (that i won't be seeing him till 'dec) but can feel relaxed that i have raised a man. his internship will be his first pay -- rs 20k for a month.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon May 25, 2015 9:34 am

brie wrote:
i know that cd. older is in chennai... Icon_smile  thus i never took it to heart. anyway, one is never too old to learn and a parent will be a parent (always expecting kids to learn). your humble disclaimer indicates that you too must be a parent or must know what it feels like to be one (you repeated your father's story with a humble disclaimer that you were perhaps repeating it but i read it for the first time). 

that apart, this is the first summer older won't be coming home. i will probably meet him in the last week of this year or early next year. next month he will be in usa and in july he has an internship with http://www.systemantics.com/

can't say sad, can't say happy (that i won't be seeing him till 'dec) but can feel relaxed that i have raised a man. his internship will be his first pay -- rs 20k for a month.
I see a proud father celebrating his son successfully reaching a major milestone. Congratulations! and my best wishes to your son.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 25, 2015 11:44 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
brie wrote:

I see a proud father celebrating his son successfully reaching a major milestone. Congratulations! and my best wishes to your son.
thank cd. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon May 25, 2015 12:58 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
brie wrote:

I see a proud father celebrating his son successfully reaching a major milestone. 

I note that the first statement made in this thread by the son successfully reaching a major milestone is:

"chennai is some shit."

then he complains bitterly that neither hindi nor kannada is spoken in chennai, and the proud father whines along!

is that why you congratulate brie?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue May 26, 2015 8:42 am

brie wrote:..to help his team - college drone club -- get a US visa (he already has a 10 year visa from last year). 

feeling sorry for my bimaru baby.  Crying or Very sad lil baby coochie coo.  Sad

there should be a visa requirement for NIs trying to enter SI. Otherwise they don't value the experience or hospitality. your son is working for a company run by a jagganath raju which has telugu written all over it and that fellow studied at IITM. And yet nothing but disdain for the south from you.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue May 26, 2015 9:17 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
brie wrote:..to help his team - college drone club -- get a US visa (he already has a 10 year visa from last year). 

there should be a visa requirement for NIs trying to enter SI. Otherwise they don't value the experience or hospitality. your son is working for a company run by a jagganath raju which has telugu written all over it and that fellow studied at IITM. And yet nothing but disdain for the south from you.

LOL. I want to be at the counter rejecting or approving them visas. thank you. I will base that on the food bribe they bring me. only vegetarian, mind it!

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2015 11:02 am

pravalika nanda wrote:

you are so cute troll. regardless, if you are interested in an argument, cite where, how, why, how-for-so i have expressed disdain for south indians and we will reach a logical conclusion. i would suggest you start another thread but if you find this thread convenient, it suits me fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2015 11:02 am

Impedimenta wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

LOL. I want to be at the counter rejecting or approving them visas. thank you. I will base that on the food bribe they bring me. only vegetarian, mind it!
bagel with cream cheese will work!

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue May 26, 2015 11:23 am

brie wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

you are so cute troll. regardless, if you are interested in an argument, cite where, how, why, how-for-so i have expressed disdain for south indians and we will reach a logical conclusion. i would suggest you start another thread but if you find this thread convenient, it suits me fine.

see how he called me "cute" and then he doesn't want to inconvenience me?
he's trying to flirt with me.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2015 11:43 am

pravalika nanda wrote:

see how he called me "cute" and then he doesn't want to inconvenience me?
he's trying to flirt with me.
why would i want to flirt with a disdainful south indian? reading comprehension problems? need esl classes? your turn...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down