Garrison Keillor of India Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garrison Keillor of India

Go down

Garrison Keillor of India Empty Garrison Keillor of India

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:06 pm

“Neelesh Misra is like a cult figure now,” said Ashwin Padmanabhan, executive vice president of Reliance Broadcast Network, which runs the Big FM station. “Our listeners feel these are stories about real people around them from their very own neighborhoods.”

“Your stories are like my maa’s story, which she used to tell me in my childhood,” one listener wrote to Misra last month.

Misra’s radio stories are also heard on YouTube and Facebook and can be downloaded on a smartphone. He has done voice-overs for television commercials and conducted a live storytelling event on the India-Pakistan border last year. He got into radio storytelling purely by accident, he said. Earlier, he found radio “too full of Bollywood music and tacky humor.”

“His stories are about ordinary people, not the rich,” said Raju Thapa, a 32-year-old driver who says he is a fan. “When Neelesh Misra’s stories come on air, there is silence in the car. My boss in the back seat is hooked, too. This is the only thing that my boss and I have in common.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/hes-the-garrison-keillor-of-india-and-hes-reviving-the-art-of-storytelling/2015/06/29/348d5740-18d9-11e5-bed8-1093ee58dad0_story.html

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down