This Woman Used an Unexploded World War 1 Bomb as Vase for 30 Years Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Woman Used an Unexploded World War 1 Bomb as Vase for 30 Years

2 posters

Go down

This Woman Used an Unexploded World War 1 Bomb as Vase for 30 Years Empty This Woman Used an Unexploded World War 1 Bomb as Vase for 30 Years

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:44 pm

LONDON: A 45-year-old UK woman was left shell-shocked after discovering that her favourite flower vase that she had used for 30 years was an unexploded bomb from the World War I.

Kathryn Rawlins, a mother-of-two and a school careers adviser, had found the shell when she was 15 in the playing fields of her school and had been using it as an ornament.

She had filled with the vase with her favourite flowers until she saw a documentary featuring World War I bombs that had been dropped on nearby Coventry by German zeppelins and realised she may have been sitting feet away from a live explosive.

"The police said the shell had the potential to have killed anybody within about 20 metres of it and could have taken the house down. It's funny to think that I had it on my mantelpiece the entire time - it's just become a part of my family now," Kathryn said...............

http://www.ndtv.com/world-news/uk-woman-used-unexploded-world-war-i-bomb-as-vase-for-30-years-1226069
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

This Woman Used an Unexploded World War 1 Bomb as Vase for 30 Years Empty Re: This Woman Used an Unexploded World War 1 Bomb as Vase for 30 Years

Post by seven Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:49 pm

OMG! Do they mention what could have triggered it? Dropping perhaps?

Talk about living on the edge n not know about it!

seven

Back to top Go down