measuring love Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

measuring love

+2
garam_kuta
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
6 posters

Go down

measuring love Empty measuring love

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:32 pm

sonny: mommy, do you love me?

me: yes, a lot!

sonny: how much?

me: so much that I can't even tell you.

sonny: higher than the empire state building?

me: oh much higher than that!

sonny: do you love me all the way to the moon?

me: I love you all the way to the sun!

pause...

me: do you love me?

sonny: yes, I love you entire universe. I love you all the way beyond the space.

silent

Back to top Go down

measuring love Empty Re: measuring love

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:05 pm

Reminds me of the children's story "Guess how much I love you" by Sam McBratney.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:00 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:

sonny: do you love me all the way to the moon?

me: I love you all the way to the sun!

pause...

sonny: yes, I love you entire universe. I love you all the way beyond the space.

silent

so you were impressed...hm...that is how we men "impress" women, and your son has already figured it out....Wink

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:01 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:

silent

so you were impressed...hm...that is how we men "impress" women, and your son has already figured it out....Wink

sheesh. really.. such a cynic.. maan , that's a kid talking to his mom..shame on you

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:09 am

garam_kuta wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:

silent

sheesh. really.. such a cynic.. maan , that's a kid talking to his mom..shame on you

Oh sheesh-dude are there any laws that stipulate the tenor and tone for specific posts/threads?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:48 am

blabberwock wrote:Reminds me of the children's story "Guess how much I love you" by Sam McBratney.

This is so cute... I will have to check his reading list now. Maybe he read this book in the library, and then added on to it. Or maybe when I said sun, he decided to one-up it with space and universe.

edit:
I remember playing this game too as a kid. Finally, the winning answer used to be to make a ring with your index finger and thumb and say, 'I love you this much'. It looks like a zero, so people get confused. And then you say, 'I love you endlessly'.

When daughter was younger and ask me this, I used to do this trick with her. Thought sonny might be too young to understand the endless concept, hence decided to be abstract. Will use this trick next time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:11 am

Aaww...that's so sweet, TW.

Here's a conversation between me and my second son:

Me: I love you, A***

He: Kay!

Me: I said, I-LOVE-YOU

He: Kay, kay, kaaayyy!

While the younger one is such a slob, the older one is the sweetest. He never puts down the phone without saying, 'I love you, mom'. Same upbringing, different personalities!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:50 am

kinnera wrote:

While the younger one is such a slob, the older one is the sweetest. He never puts down the phone without saying, 'I love you, mom'. Same upbringing, different personalities!

Ya, my husband and his brother too. No two people can be brothers, 14 months apart, same school, same everything, and yet extreme opposites. Sometimes BIL and I get together and do a bash-K program. Both of us share and match our experiences on living-with-K... He has total empathy and sympathy for me. Half of his responses are, 'I know EXACTLY what you mean, I have lived with him for 22 years'. And then he would go on to relate a matching story from childhood.

OTOH, these days my kids' and nieces and nephews get together and compare us three siblings. And they ROFL discovering how similar we are, with one just a little more magnified version of another. Right from our reactions, to our words, to our likings and dislikings.

Luckily for me, I am still the mildest and the nicest one. When sis and bro join this group though, it changes into a pick-on-tracy convo... I was sorta ghunni, i.e. didn't tell more than half the things at home and mostly lived in my own dream world, STILL they find enough stories to pick on me with and LOL. Oh and one of the stories is how I lived in my own dream world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:37 am

Smile

I think my older one took his personality from my side of the family: sweet, gentle, loving, caring, etc while the younger one took from my husband's side of the family, the ayn randish self-centered snob.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:43 am

kinnera wrote:Smile

I think my older one took his personality from my side of the family: sweet, gentle, loving, caring, etc while the younger one took from my husband's side of the family, the ayn randish self-centered snob.

lol aunty. right when he's turning into an adult, you start dissing him. where did the love go?

edit. btw in my house its just the reverse -- the younger is very endearing (to all).

Last edited by Huzefa Kapasi on Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:44 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

lol aunty. right when he's turning into an adult, you start dissing him. where did the love go?

I love him a helluva lot no matter what. Smile

PS: the dissing is directed at my husband's family, not him. Note the difference Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:08 pm

[quote="kinnera"]
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:PS: the dissing is directed at my husband's family, not him. Note the difference Smile

LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:10 pm

btw -- and meant to say this earlier -- lot of mummy love overflowing in this thread. i am feeling dizzy. bye thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:21 pm

Not being a wet blanket or anything but these conversations will happen until the boy sees you as a hindrance in his life and he waiting for that one who he devotes his heart and what -not- to

So enjoy while you can ..

Just don't have a heart ache and say I didnt warn you

Oh Tracy !!
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:14 pm

chameli wrote:Not being a wet blanket or anything but these conversations will happen until the boy sees you as a hindrance in his life and he waiting for that one who he devotes his heart and what -not- to

Oh Tracy !!

Expect the same level of love from your boys and girls as your husband and you show towards your parents.

That will put the expectations in proper perspectives. Besides, the biology and evolution dictate that the kids move away from you and direct their love majorly towards their own kids. That is the biological and natural way and if people accept that they would not be too disappointed in their old age.

EXPECT NOTHING IN RETURN - even love or affection.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:43 pm

chameli wrote:Not being a wet blanket or anything but these conversations will happen until the boy sees you as a hindrance in his life and he waiting for that one who he devotes his heart and what -not- to

Oh Tracy !!

Expect the same level of love from your boys and girls as your husband and you show towards your parents.

That will put the expectations in proper perspectives. Besides, the biology and evolution dictate that the kids move away from you and direct their love majorly towards their own kids. That is the biological and natural way and if people accept that they would not be too disappointed in their old age.

well said .

love between mother and son runs in this vein ( and father with daughter )

along comes the daughter- in -law to put things in perspective for the mother who has eyes only for her son

then start the m in law/ d in law fights with son caught in the middle

when will we ever learn

it's all so deja vu

EXPECT NOTHING IN RETURN - even love or affection.
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:13 pm

oh please. I am the last mom in the world who would be possessive. Wasn't a possessive sister either, nor did I see mom behave this way. Luckily, didn't face this issue with MIL either. Funnily, did face this issue with FIL.

OTOH, we might need to collectively save sonny's gf/wife from his sister's scrutiny. Guess that's sorta how I see me spending my 50s and some parts of 60s... the training to her has begun already.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:47 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:oh please. I am the last mom in the world who would be possessive. Wasn't a possessive sister either, nor did I see mom behave this way. Luckily, didn't face this issue with MIL either. Funnily, did face this issue with FIL.

OTOH, we might need to collectively save sonny's gf/wife from his sister's scrutiny. Guess that's sorta how I see me spending my 50s and some parts of 60s... the training to her has begun already.

It is either the MIL or one of the SILs - the major toruble maker for the in-coming DIL.

Of course, if it is not THEM, then the DIL and her own mother can form the destructive duo.

rare is the case when people adapt the live and let live policy.

The son is the guy who is caught in this mess.

(I tell ya.. you have no idea what WE married men go through...Razz)

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:53 pm

Tracy,

You think you will be a different mum in law ..super if you are

but no one gives up so easily

being a possessive sister is not the same your brother could easily toss u over .

Like marathadi says don't expect anything in return

the trick here especially for the mother in law is to be lay back ,relax and let go

"If your son was ever yours he will surely come back to you if not ..he never was urs in the 1st place"

that should be her attitude .
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:37 pm

chameli wrote:Tracy,

being a possessive sister is not the same your brother could easily toss u over .

the trick here especially for the mother in law is to be lay back ,relax and let go

"If your son was ever yours he will surely come back to you if not ..he never was urs in the 1st place"

mum-in-law? i think her son is a toddler. her more immediate concern is probably getting him potty trained and making sure he gets his quota of veggies and fruits. you guys are really screwed up in the head.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:57 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:

silent

>>>> Sonny: Good. Can I borrow the beemer this evening?

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:14 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
chameli wrote:Tracy,

mum-in-law? i think her son is a toddler. her more immediate concern is probably getting him potty trained and making sure he gets his quota of veggies and fruits. you guys are really screwed up in the head.

hey Max ,

you probably know her better than I do but what toddler TALKS about loving his mom more than the universe?

Doesn't he just point to the potty and say ,"tatti bhago!!! ? "
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:43 pm

LOL this is hilarious! The nicer kids are always from our side of the family!

Luckily, none of our kids are like us. But...it is too soon to say.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:52 pm

Awww Tracy it's so cute :-)

ds: Mom! Do you love me or her?

me: Do you love me of Dad?

ds: both!

me: LOL

ds: You never answer me this! You are so mean Mom!

me: What?

ds: I said I love you Mom!

me: I know!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down