real slumdog millionaire Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

real slumdog millionaire

2 posters

Go down

real slumdog millionaire Empty real slumdog millionaire

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:52 pm

"What a sensational day in the studios of 'KBC'! A young man from the interiors of Bihar, earning a meagre salary of just INR6,500 per month, coming from the most humblest of backgrounds, reaches the hot seat and cracks the ultimate prize — INR50 million! An incredible feat," Bachchan later posted on his blog bigb.bigadda.com.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/27/real-life-slumdog-millionaire-a-sensation-in-india/?&hpt=hp_c2

Back to top Go down

real slumdog millionaire Empty Re: real slumdog millionaire

Post by Saathiya Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:53 am

I have been watching this show since HK told me that season 5 is on. (Thanks HK). I haven't seen other seasons except for some parts of season 1. It is actually quite addictive. Fun to watch really, may be because I am a huge fan of AB and love the way he interacts with people.

Obviously, I haven't seen the above ep. because its not aired yet. I will def watch it next week.

Saathiya

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:08 am

I always catch up on stuff like this on youtube. no need to wait for a week. no need to subscribe to desi channels.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:29 am

Saathiya wrote:.

Pl. check PM.

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathiya Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:51 am

I watch on youtube as well. I have got some desi channels but not sony. I don't think it is available on youtube as yet, because it's not even aired in India yet.

Saathiya

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathiya Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:03 am

nutmeg wrote:
Saathiya wrote:.

Pl. check PM.

Checked and replied.

Saathiya

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:07 am

yes it airs anytime next week. the show runs mon. to thur. every week. i have seen trailers of this show and this episode might be spread over two days. this is a real case of slumdog millionaire -- the guy preserves a lifeline till the end or last question. the guy earns rs 6k per month from giving tuitions. yesterday was ram kapoor and sakshi tanvar from the tv serial bade acche lagte hain. the srk episode was also good - ab and srk are unique in their own ways.

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathiya Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:41 am

I have watched all these ep.s. didnt know that these TV artists are from such good schools and colleges. I have actually never watched any serials of Ram or Sakshi. They do look quite polished though.

Among recent KBC episodes ones worth mentioning were the jodi special with two brothers, and the one with Kashmir victim. Can't get her out of my mind. She must be really brave, a real hero.

Saathiya

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:49 am

yes, even i was surprised to see how well educated they are. but in yesterday's episode one incident made me laugh. the question was: v k s padukone was the name of which famous actor-director? i surmised it must be guru dutt 'cos i knew he was konkani but sakshi mumbles: can't be guru dutt...guru dutt was a bengali chap! ram suppressed his sense of shock but eventually sakshi got the answer right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathiya Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:54 am

Yeah... it was funny when he asked her - tum yaha aayi kyo ho? When she kept saying I don't know for all the qs.

Are they married in real life, or were they just enacting their serial on the hot seat?

Saathiya

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:05 am

yeah, i got into an argument with my wife over this. i said they are married in real life for the conversation seemed to suggest that. my wife said they weren't. a quick search on my phone revealed that ram kapoor is married to some gautami gadgil.

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathiya Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:14 am

ok.. funny that now I can see the '+' and '-' signs for voting. They were not visible to me earlier.

Saathiya

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:20 am

lol, congratulations! you have crossed the 11 posts threshold for being extended the voting privilege. this is to avoid voting down people by creating a zillion ids or sock-puppets merely for the purpose of voting. i am giving a + vote to your above post and hope you will return the favour sometime.

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:10 am

Don't you have to be book smart.. kind of ..to answer the questions ? Or is it strategy ? When to and when not to use the special cards given ?

I don't watch this show much but asking anyway

AB's personality shows throughout and that voice ooh
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:36 am

chameli wrote:Don't you have to be book smart..

yes and no. the questions are tailor-made for the participants. this is designer kbc. most questions relate to your geographical area, religion, profession, hobbies etc. yes, there are some questions that are pure GK and you would not be knowing the answer unless you were a GK whiz kid but you also have 4 life lines, of which two are very safe: expert advice and audience poll. the audience, i have noticed, has an unusually high level of GK.

yesterday i found out that the ghar baithe jackpot challenge question is also designer! the jackpot winner won 1 lac over phone. he was given an option to win 2 lacs more with another question. if he answered incorrectly, his 1 lac would stand forfeited. he risked it. the guy was muslim. the question was: what is the IPC called in urdu? the answer was tazirat e hind. he won it (total 3 lacs).

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:46 am

Thanks HK for the information

I guess there is a lot of money available to be given away ..

Those that don't win and those that dont get to even participate must feel awful

Bachhan gets his share regardless

I'm not sure I like such shows of easy money .They build up jealousy and envy amongst friends
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathiya Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:49 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:i am giving a + vote to your above post and hope you will return the favour sometime.

Returned the favor right away Smile

Chameli wrote:Don't you have
to be book smart.. kind of ..to answer the questions ? Or is it strategy
? When to and when not to use the special cards given ?

I don't watch this show much but asking anyway

AB's personality shows throughout and that voice ooh

No Chameli, its not just book smart. You need to be knowledgeable about movies, politics, sports, literature and all other stuff. In fact it has qs like what symbol do u see on bharat ratna trophy. I am not sure if any bookish guy would know this. But a person with well rounded interests might, because they might read random articles and watch random tv shows that cover such info. You also need to be intelligent enough to use the knowledge you have, and eliminate less probable answers. Most contestants get the strategy for using life-lines right.

real slumdog millionaire Empty

Saathiya

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:53 am

chameli wrote:Thanks HK for the information

I guess there is a lot of money available to be given away ..

Those that don't win and those that dont get to even participate must feel awful

Bachhan gets his share regardless

I'm not sure I like such shows of easy money .They build up jealousy and envy amongst friends

actually, i'd reckon, the host still gives out the same amount of money as when the KBC prize was 1 crore (instead of 5 crores). they have changed the rules and adjusted the probability of winning (for one, if you answer incorrectly you fall down to a very low amount instead of the penultimate amount earlier).

i don't think this is an "easy money" show. tell the guy who won 5 crores that it was easy money. yes luck does play a part -- i am not denying that but on the whole it is good entertainment and you can't compare iit to a a lottery or races.

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:54 am

exactly Saathiya

So how does a guy from Bihar earning not so much ..apparently an ordinary man ..know so much ?

It's got to be a mix of luck and strategy

Or has there been a leak of information before the show ?
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:37 am

so yesterday (9th nov 2011) a guy won 1 crores. again from bihar (though working in kolkata). it was a great show (spread over two days). i think only 5 episodes remain in this season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:43 am

the last question in the 5 crore episode was phenomenal. i had missed it, so i watched it on youtube. here's the last question (italy aaya nahin, france gaya nahin, lolllllll)

and

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:25 pm

so tonight vidya balan was in the hot seat. she looked smashing and acted flirtatious. she had to use the lifeline "phone a friend" for a question. prior to that she had not been able to answer simple questions -- ditz?

anyway, this particular question was: which state produces the maximum black pepper? VB decided to use the phone-a-friend lifeline. so AB phoned VB's friend -- some b'wood guy. the friend did not answer. he said, sarcastically -- i had thought you were from kerala? anway, VB locked kerala. AB, with a serious face said -- tamil nadu was also a choice... and at this VB broke into a torrent and lamented that actually she was only a tamilian living in kerala. LOL

i saw trailers of next week's shows. the season is coming to a close. next week will be boring -- tv serial characters and siddhu.

but one good question VB faced was: who was the youngest child of kunti? she guessed sahadeva. but it turned out to be arjuna.

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:51 pm

I am beginning to get hooked onto KBC will be sorry to see it go

Italy aaya nahin ....lol

Amitabh dresses so warm scarf and buttoned up coat

vidya balan is pretty except for the height and hooked nose ...sorry to say
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:04 am

a kbc question for hindi speakers (if you have googled, post the answer after a few hours):

kos kos pe badle paani, char kos pe badle...?

(every mile changeth the water, every four miles changeth the...?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:12 am

baani... meaning the dialect.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:22 am

applause. real slumdog millionaire 459784477 much impressed. i learnt this proverb for the first time last week. here's your blue flower (valued at inr 5 crores) flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down