birdie num num Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

birdie num num

5 posters

Go down

birdie num num Empty birdie num num

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:16 pm

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

birdie num num Empty Re: birdie num num

Post by Hellsangel Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:12 pm

Extremely boring movie.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:30 pm

hahahaha! (I didn't need to watch the scene.)

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:35 pm

hrundi v bakshi is one of the funniest characters in all of movie history.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:52 am

hahahahahahahahaha. i've seen the movie countless times and this youtube clip countless times but i still chortle hard watching it (as i did now). my kids love the movie. the flick had a pithy script -- the movies is just an improvisation by peter sellers. what a comedian he was! what sense of humour! 

was not this movie discussed in anothersubcontinent.com, back when, in a thread in which you had taken chagrin of the portrayal of a south indian brahmin, by mehmood (a south indian), in the hindi movie "padosan?" how come no chagrin at this blatantly stereotypical, black-faced portrayal of indians? much hypocrisy seething under the "skin?"

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:14 pm

brie wrote:hahahahahahahahaha. i've seen the movie countless times... 
i've already done the "hahaha"; yours was/is not needed. do something else.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:29 am

swapna wrote:
yours WAS not needed. $1. credit it to my account for i don't teach english for free. i'll come to your house and beat you with my lota to collect when the credit burgeons to $100 and i don't think it will take long, for my account, to reach that figure -- so expect me soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:38 am

brie wrote:
swapna wrote:
yours WAS not needed. $1. credit it to my account for i don't teach english for free. i'll come to your house and beat you with my lota to collect when the credit burgeons to $100 and i don't think it will take long, for my account, to reach that figure -- so expect me soon.
at an annual interest rate of 5%, it will take just over 94 years.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:41 am

One of my all time favorite movies.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:33 am

swapna wrote:
brie wrote:
swapna wrote:
ok bitch; i am flying in tomorrow to collect my $1. will you be at home or at that madrasi sambar joint -- tch something? i'll meet you there if required.

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:09 pm

brie wrote:
swapna wrote:
brie wrote:
swapnaw wrote:
ok bitch; i am flying in tomorrow to collect my $1. will you be at home or at that madrasi sambar joint -- tch something? i'll meet you there if required.
I sometimes go to the madaraasi place for snacks, and to watch northpeepals guzzle bucketloads of sambar, and eat southern indian food noisily with their mouths open.

apparently I look like an alien there; the southern indians ask me, "you are from...?" and the northpeepals ask me, "vayre you are from?" as if it's any of their bloody biz. they seem to think that it's a tragedy that they can't place me. I usually, and truthfully reply that I'm from that "not-so-insignificant town" nearby that propagaru obsesses over.

I leave, wondering about the small size of the northpeepals. is it six or seven decades of poor economic performance and the accompanying malnourishment that caused it? was it the mismanagement of resources, under-education, and misguided priorities - language politics vs development, religion and caste vs economics - that caused these northpeepals to fail so miserably; and should we now encourage these peepals to join their mughal brothers to our north, and thus unburden ourselves?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:46 pm

swapna wrote:
brie wrote:
swapna wrote:
brie wrote:
swapnaw wrote:
I sometimes go to the madaraasi place for snacks, and to watch northpeepals guzzle bucketloads of sambar, and eat southern indian food noisily with their mouths open.

apparently I look like an alien there; the southern indians ask me, "you are from...?" and the northpeepals ask me, "vayre you are from?" as if it's any of their bloody biz. they seem to think that it's a tragedy that they can't place me. I usually, and truthfully reply that I'm from that "not-so-insignificant town" nearby that propagaru obsesses over.

I leave, wondering about the small size of the northpeepals. is it six or seven decades of poor economic performance and the accompanying malnourishment that caused it? was it the mismanagement of resources, under-education, and misguided priorities - language politics vs development, religion and caste vs economics - that caused these northpeepals to fail so miserably; and should we now encourage these peepals to join their mughal brothers to our north, and thus unburden ourselves?

what's makes you feel/look an alien among these indians? what are your characteristics/criteria that enable you to discern the difference so distinctly among the SIs and NIs, and what is your accuracy in this endeavor? please enlighten us.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:27 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
swapna wrote:
brie wrote:
swapna wrote:
brie wrote:

what's makes you feel/look an alien among these indians? what are your characteristics/criteria that enable you to discern the difference so distinctly among the SIs and NIs, and what is your accuracy in this endeavor? please enlighten us.I said "apparently."
I'm sure I said "apparently." until I decide to give you a hint or two of the reasons why, I'll let you stew in your own juices.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum