"biggest mistake of my life" Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"biggest mistake of my life"

+3
Propagandhi711
smArtha
Seva Lamberdar
7 posters

Go down

"biggest mistake of my life" Empty "biggest mistake of my life"

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:20 am

http://abcnews.go.com/US/miami-doctor-accused-attacking-uber-driver-calls-biggest/story?id=36542246

The Florida doctor captured on video lashing out at an Uber driver in downtown Miami says she is ashamed of her actions and says she and her family have been targeted since the video's release.

"I see a person that is not me. I’m ashamed," Anjali Ramkissoon said today on "Good Morning America" of the video that shows her berating the driver of another customer's Uber. "I still can’t watch the entire video."

"Every time someone brings it up or tries to ask me, 'What was happening at this point?,' I just, I can’t," she said.

Ramkissoon, a fourth-year neurology resident, can be seen in the video berating the driver, trying to hit him, and throwing items out of the window of the passenger seat, and ultimately trying to knee the driver.

"In the moment I was just so angry. I wasn’t really thinking and if I could take it back I would," Ramkissoon said. "There is absolutely no excuse for my actions. I am ashamed. I am so sorry. I've hurt so many people with this."

Ramkisson says her father was admitted to the hospital that day and, just minutes before the incident, she and her boyfriend of two years had split.

"I was extremely stressed out that day," she said. "It was probably one of the worst days of my life and I was caught at my lowest moment. Nothing like this has ever happened."

"I made a huge mistake, the biggest mistake of my life, and that person is not me," Ramkissoon said.

Yes,” Ramkissoon replied when asked if she’d been drinking. "I’d actually driven to that place that night but I did not want to drive my car home so I left my car there and that was why I was trying to get the Uber to get home."

The customer who ordered the Uber car that Ramkissoon tried to get in filmed the heated incident on a cellphone and posted the video on YouTube.

Ramkissoon, who can be heard telling the Uber driver, "I'm getting really like belligerent right now," says she was cyberbullied after the video's release.

"My family was targeted. Their address was leaked," she said. "I’ve received messages telling me that I should kill myself, that I should have been raped that night."

"I think it’s ridiculous and I’m here to own up to what I did," Ramkissoon said. "I’m taking responsibility for it and I’m asking for forgiveness."

The Uber driver declined to press charges against Ramkissoon, for which she says she is "grateful." Uber told ABC News they’ve suspended Ramkissoon’s account while the incident is investigated.

"We actually settled while we were out there. I paid for the damages and I apologized to him and he accepted my apology," Ramkissoon said. "I’m so thankful that he did not press charges, that he did not have me arrested."

Ramkissoon has been placed on administrative leave and removed from all clinical duties, by her employer, the Jackson Health System. An internal investigation is underway to "determine if any disciplinary action will be taken, up to and including termination," a hospital spokesperson told ABC News last week.

"Yes I’m on administrative leave from my job right now but at the same time, this has not just affected my career, it’s also affected my family. It’s affected my personal life," Ramkissoon said. "I get it. I did something extremely horrible and I'm also extremely sorry for it."

When asked how she can move forward from the incident, Ramkissoon says she hopes she can stand as a lesson to others.

"I did it and I’m ashamed of what I did and this would never happen again," she said. "At the same time, I think that I should also speak out to send a message out to people and the public to be careful and use my story as a lesson to be careful what you do in public because the things that we do can be taped and we can have to suffer severe ramifications for these things."

Back to top Go down

"biggest mistake of my life" Empty Re: "biggest mistake of my life"

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:54 am

It was a huge mistake by her, and she even knew that whole thing was being photographed and she went on and on
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:57 am

This lady was drinking the night her Dad was admitted to Hospital and that too to the extent she will not be able to drive her own car back, if the Dad or family needed her help or attention.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:43 am

seems like someone got a professional media handler teaching her to shed crocodile tears and salvage the career. I bet daddy paid for that, he seems like a douchebag too

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:52 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:seems like someone got a professional media handler teaching her to shed crocodile tears and salvage the career. I bet daddy paid for that, he seems like a douchebag too

Why daddy.. She is single and makes around 75K and she herself would have paid for it.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:54 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:http://abcnews.go.com/US/miami-doctor-accused-attacking-uber-driver-calls-biggest/story?id=36542246

The Florida doctor captured on video lashing out at an Uber driver in downtown Miami says she is ashamed of her actions and says she and her family have been targeted since the video's release......

I don't understand the motive of the guy who posted the video- people make mistakes and technically it's between uber and her; anyways, this guy didn't lose anything and

seems to be enjoying pure schadenfreude - I wonder how he'd feel if this was done to someone who's near and dear to him.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:11 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:http://abcnews.go.com/US/miami-doctor-accused-attacking-uber-driver-calls-biggest/story?id=36542246

The Florida doctor captured on video lashing out at an Uber driver in downtown Miami says she is ashamed of her actions and says she and her family have been targeted since the video's release......

I don't understand the motive of the guy who posted the video- people make mistakes and technically it's between uber and her; anyways, this guy didn't lose anything and

seems to be enjoying pure schadenfreude - I wonder how he'd feel if this was done to someone who's near and dear to him.

What really made this woman go bonkers? No one seems to address that issue.

Is it bcz she wanted him to give a ride although he is waiting for someone else?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:25 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

Is it bcz she wanted him to give a ride although he is waiting for someone else?  

to each their own. How/what does it matter? the issue is, but for him getting jumped on the ride, i don't see any reason other than absolute schadenfreude that he put up the video and destroyed someone's career/future.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:08 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

to each their own. How/what does it matter? the issue is, but for him getting jumped on the ride, i don't see any reason other than absolute schadenfreude that he put up the video and destroyed someone's career/future.

That may be unethical and immoral. BUT, once the legal angle comes in all else goes by the wayside. Using Youtube, FB or twitter has become a fashion and as long as it is legal anyone can post it - right or wrong. That is what he did. He cannot be punished for that...(unless it is India and Anjali is a dalit and she commits suicide). But, this woman can be punished bcz what she did was clearly illegal. That is why my question is what prompted her to indulge in it...that way some smart-ass lawyer can turn the tables on the guy.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:23 pm

she did something illegal, and she settled with the driver. he didn't press any charges. so i think that's the part where she got lucky.

she did make a huge mistake. i am not sure if coming on tv and talk more about it was a good idea. a prudent advisor would say to lay it low and let it pass till some other crazy takes people's fancy. not sure how all this works though. guessing even the hospital would be under lesser pressure to take a decision if there is not so much spotlight on it.

having said that, guess she does deserve a second chance. people who have done much worse get a second chance. so many things are overlooked as either 'boys will be boys', or 'stupid youth' and such. and people do turn around completely after an incidence like this, video or no video.

which brings to the point of why this particular case escalated so much and others don't. and we have seen much worse on youtube. guess the fact that she is a very educated doctor behaving like this plays a major role. you expect that group to be much more responsible. that too from a community that's largely known as peaceful and law abiding. All her acting out seemed like it was because she thought of herself as someone entitled to such "tantrums" coz of her education, status, gender, and looks. And there is in general a growing intolerance for people like this who have gotten away with stuff so far. Put it out on a video, and extreme reactions are to be expected.

all in all, hope she has learned her lesson, and hope she gets a second chance. maybe get help with anger issues before the hospital takes her back.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:56 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:she did something illegal, and she settled with the driver. he didn't press any charges. so i think that's the part where she got lucky.

she did make a huge mistake. i am not sure if coming on tv and talk more about it was a good idea. a prudent advisor would say to lay it low and let it pass till some other crazy takes people's fancy. not sure how all this works though. guessing even the hospital would be under lesser pressure to take a decision if there is not so much spotlight on it.

having said that, guess she does deserve a second chance. people who have done much worse get a second chance. so many things are overlooked as either 'boys will be boys', or 'stupid youth' and such. and people do turn around completely after an incidence like this, video or no video.

which brings to the point of why this particular case escalated so much and others don't. and we have seen much worse on youtube. guess the fact that she is a very educated doctor behaving like this plays a major role. you expect that group to be much more responsible. that too from a community that's largely known as peaceful and law abiding. All her acting out seemed like it was because she thought of herself as someone entitled to such "tantrums" coz of her education, status, gender, and looks. And there is in general a growing intolerance for people like this who have gotten away with stuff so far. Put it out on a video, and extreme reactions are to be expected.

all in all, hope she has learned her lesson, and hope she gets a second chance. maybe get help with anger issues before the hospital takes her back.

which community is that? i don't think she has an indian background despite the name. her parents are probably from the caribbean, and her connection to india is probably four or five generations removed.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:46 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:she did something illegal, and she settled with the driver. he didn't press any charges. so i think that's the part where she got lucky.

which community is that? i don't think she has an indian background despite the name. her parents are probably from the caribbean, and her connection to india is probably four or five generations removed.

Yes. Ms. RamkiSSOON is definitely either a Trinidad/Guyana (or Fijian, Southafrican). But certainly of Indian origin. Indian media LOVES to claim ownership for India of anyone with a desi name/looks.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:39 pm

garam_kuta wrote:

the reason? the belief that many women seem to hold these days that the world owes them special treatment and privileges. you only need to observe Our Own xBollywood xDarling for a while to know that I am right.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:51 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

yes, most likely caribbean. tennis star arthur ashe's wife was a moutoussamy (for muthusamy), a tamil name; I think she was a black-tamil inter-racial product of the caribbean, but was born in chicago.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:32 pm

people seem to be going way easy on this woman.  it's not difficult to guess at the reasons.  just replace her by a young male black doctor and put him in the same situation. forget about a chance at recovering his career, it's likely he may not have been alive after the cops arrived at the scene. and her apology is a non-apology. read the original article. at the end she only says that one shouldn't do such things in public. she's only regretful that she got caught and that her tantrum was recorded.

ramkissoon is probably a caribbeanization of ramkishan or ramakrishnan.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:11 pm

aaight...how many of you, in the same situation would post such a video for public consumption? why would you and what does it accomplish?- that's what I want to know.

I wouldn't, as it doesn't help anyone, imo.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:19 pm

garam_kuta wrote:aaight...how many of you, in the same situation would post such a video for public consumption? why would you and what does it accomplish?- that's what I want to know.

i think the guy who posted it was the person who called the uber cab in the first place. he has probably done a whole bunch of unsuspecting patients who could have come under this scary woman's care, a service.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:51 pm

garam_kuta wrote:aaight...how many of you, in the same situation would post such a video for public consumption? why would you and what does it accomplish?- that's what I want to know.

what does it accomplish? the video shows a criminal called anjali ramkissoon committing a crime; it does the public a service by identifying her, so that they may stay far away from her.

I watched that video. she assaulted the uber driver for no reason, destroyed his property, and caused a dangerous traffic situation to develop in a public space. 

this is no civil matter;  a crime against even a single individual is a crime against the state. 

I am shocked that the ramkissoon woman was not arrested, and that charges were.not brought against her. any of us could be her next victim.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:00 am

swapna wrote:

what does it accomplish? the video shows a criminal called anjali ramkissoon committing a crime; it does the public a service by identifying her, so that they may stay far away from her.

I watched that video. she assaulted the uber driver for no reason, destroyed his property, and caused a dangerous traffic situation to develop in a public space. 

this is no civil matter;  a crime against even a single individual is a crime against the state. 

I am shocked that the ramkissoon woman was not arrested, and that charges were.not brought against her. any of us could be her next victim.

Definitely not you - unless you plan to become a Uber Bicycle-driver and refuse to give Ms. Ramkissoon a ride.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:10 am

that male tacobell exec in LA that did something similar got his ass kicked, fired, vilified on internet etc. dont think this woman was unfairly targeted. infact he probably got off easy on account of being a woman. probably settled under the table with uber driver unlimited bjs for a year not to press charges.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:02 am

watched that video now..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSIzKhUtZgg

he also falls in the same category i guess. quoting myself from above, 'All her acting out seemed like it was because she thought of herself as someone entitled to such "tantrums" coz of her education, status, gender, and looks. And there is in general a growing intolerance for people like this who have gotten away with stuff so far. Put it out on a video, and extreme reactions are to be expected.'

A white male executive, in general probably thinks of himself above the rest. I have seen such fights happen in bus all the time during my commute to the city. One that strikes out is of a male black bus driver saying in the middle of an argument with a white middle aged man in suit, "it's because of people like me that you get home every night". To which the exec guy replied pretty arrogantly, "it's because of people like me that you have a job!" As if saying he better know his right place. Right there, the same attitude. Add a few more drinks and a bit more isolated setting, and it will turn into a brawl like the one in the taco bell exec video.

seeing his vicious blows to the head, her hissy fits look so much more lame. plus at no point was the driver overpowered by her. she could still have hurt someone seriously bad with throwing out all that stuff, don't think she realized ... guess got lucky. The driver decided not to press charges, so that was another lucky blow for her.

Now let's see if she gets to keep her job/license or not. Not familiar enough with those laws to comment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:13 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:people seem to be going way easy on this woman.  it's not difficult to guess at the reasons.  just replace her by a young male black doctor and put him in the same situation. forget about a chance at recovering his career, it's likely he may not have been alive after the cops arrived at the scene. and her apology is a non-apology. read the original article. at the end she only says that one shouldn't do such things in public. she's only regretful that she got caught and that her tantrum was recorded.

ramkissoon is probably a caribbeanization of ramkishan or ramakrishnan.

not sure if it's fair comparing this case to a case that's already unfair (cops brutality with black folks). it's almost like you wanted cops to come and shoot her too. from what's reported, they came over, assessed the situation, contained her and made sure she was no longer trouble, and let her go once there were no charges to be pressed. i believe this is how they should deal with ALL such cases. Not sure if the city can still charge her for any property damage of their own. Don't know if all the news reach the media. Once my ex had an skidding-on-ice accident on turnpike. they came and helped and let him go that day, and later sent him a ticket/fine for damaging state property as he had to drive into the grass side of the road.

and her actual background is of interest to probably only us. when i said 'community', i mean people of south asian origin by and large, as in how she would be perceived by general public based on her skin and name, when talking about their reaciton. besides, afaik, even the so called indians from the carribeans are not too different when it comes to education and general lifestyle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:15 am

swapna wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

the reason? the belief that many women seem to hold these days that the world owes them special treatment and privileges. you only need to observe Our Own xBollywood xDarling for a while to know that I am right.

talking about me? nice try using a public discussion to make personal attacks. so tell me how i am all that you mentioned above. maybe i will learn something about myself and make improvments.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:18 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:watched that video now..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSIzKhUtZgg

he also falls in the same category i guess. quoting myself from above, 'All her acting out seemed like it was because she thought of herself as someone entitled to such "tantrums" coz of her education, status, gender, and looks. And there is in general a growing intolerance for people like this who have gotten away with stuff so far. Put it out on a video, and extreme reactions are to be expected.'

A white male executive, in general probably thinks of himself above the rest. I have seen such fights happen in bus all the time during my commute to the city. One that strikes out is of a male black bus driver saying in the middle of an argument with a white middle aged man in suit, "it's because of people like me that you get home every night". To which the exec guy replied pretty arrogantly, "it's because of people like me that you have a job!" As if saying he better know his right place. Right there, the same attitude. Add a few more drinks and a bit more isolated setting, and it will turn into a brawl like the one in the taco bell exec video.

seeing his vicious blows to the head, her hissy fits look so much more lame. plus at no point was the driver overpowered by her. she could still have hurt someone seriously bad with throwing out all that stuff, don't think she realized ... guess got lucky. The driver decided not to press charges, so that was another lucky blow break for her.

Now let's see if she gets to keep her job/license or not. Not familiar enough with those laws to comment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:37 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
swapna wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

talking about me? nice try using a public discussion to make personal attacks. so tell me how i am all that you mentioned above. maybe i will learn something about myself and make improvments.

Give him a Ramkissoon kick.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:18 pm

swapna wrote:

miss kissoon also hijacked a car.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:46 pm

swapna wrote:
swapna wrote:

miss kissoon also hijacked a car.
She was sitting inside the stationary car and calling the driver to come in through the open door. That's not a hijacking.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:16 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
swapna wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

haha, that will help him become more truthful about his theory?

sometimes am a servile northindian wife with no opinion or education of her own. sometimes i become an oppressed ni woman who has no option but to manipulate her way around in the world of powerful ni men, almost kissing up to them. other days i am making up stories of my divorce to let such uncles know i am available. yet other days, my kids are too embarrased of my sequined yellow lehenga and medieval ways. today, i am a nasty belligerent(?) woman who believes she is privileged expecting the world to give her special treatment.

this idiot will change the plot to fit me in any character just to suit his story. God knows what story that is. i am not that sadistic that i will laugh at his stupid theories or encourage him to write more vile stuff about me. it doesn't amuse me much.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:07 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
swapna wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

whoa! you are inciting violence sAmiyArae! Wink

aside - sankarA was right; all is mAyA in these dark and troubled times of modern existence, with internet anonymity, instant communication and easy finessing of A/V files, elephants fly and mice roar, where propaganda is everything.
எப்பொருள் யார் யார் வாய் கேட்பினும் அப்பொருள் மெய்ப்பொருள் காண்பது அறிவு அரிது!

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down