The biggest mistake that Prabhakaran made was to kill Rajiv Gandhi: Mahinda Rajapaksa Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The biggest mistake that Prabhakaran made was to kill Rajiv Gandhi: Mahinda Rajapaksa

Go down

The biggest mistake that Prabhakaran made was to kill Rajiv Gandhi: Mahinda Rajapaksa Empty The biggest mistake that Prabhakaran made was to kill Rajiv Gandhi: Mahinda Rajapaksa

Post by Guest Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:36 pm

•SG: Hello and welcome to Walk the Talk. I am Shekhar Gupta in Colombo’s Presidential Palace and my guest once again President Mahinda Rajapaksa.

•SG: what is the biggest mistake that Prabhakaran made in this.

MR: Well, to kill Rajiv Gandhi.

•SG: To kill Rajiv Gandhi.

MR: That was…

•SG: Why? Why?

MR: because they antagonised the whole sympathy of India. That was the biggest mistake, I think, he did at that time.

•SG: That is the biggest mistake he did in thirty years.

MR: Thirty years.

•SG: One…

MR: and two…

•SG: One fatal mistake.

MR: Yes, and the second was that he didn’t gauge the powers of the South.

•SG: To my mind there is a third mistake also. I think, and maybe, all mistakes from one mind-set, which is hubris, which is a big ego. You know, no guerilla fighter should try to take on a whole country’s armed forces in a frontal battle.

MR: I agree.

•SG: Or to hold cities. Or territory.

MR: That’s right, and that was another mistake that he made.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/the-war-is-over-we-should-be-together.-to-indias-tamils-i-will-say-that-their-brothers-and-sisters-will-be-looked-after-by-mahinda-rajapaksa/468899/0

Back to top Go down