CHighlights 2011 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHighlights 2011

+4
artood2
chameli
Jeremiah Mburuburu
Kris
8 posters

Go down

CHighlights 2011 Empty CHighlights 2011

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:26 pm

For me, the winner is the term given to us by none other than seven.

andre pondraying.

So it's almost end of the year, and to recap, what are the CHighlights, that stand out for you?

Back to top Go down

CHighlights 2011 Empty Re: CHighlights 2011

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:40 pm

LOL

Not too long ago, Tracy finally decided to address her weight problem and took up exercising. definitely worth documenting i'd say!

Last edited by seven on Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:44 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:

andre pondraying.

So it's almost end of the year, and to recap, what are the CHighlights, that stand out for you?

>>>> For me it is the whole aspect of andre-pondraying ewweryday..

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:54 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:

andre pondraying.

the term given to "us"? if you had any courage or honesty in you, you would have said that that's a name for southern indians that amuses you (however crude it is), which you yourself may have used here, or that's how seven refers to southern indians.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:01 pm

hey! that's not how i refer to anybody.

Let the record show I used it once in response to sasthi's whining about how NI women annoy her. I used it to describe how the SI jabber sounded to me.

It meant no disrespect. I clearly mentioned it's not how SI language sounds, its just how it sounded to *me*.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:06 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:the term given to "us"? if you had any courage or honesty in you, you would have said that that's a name for southern indians that amuses you (however crude it is), which you yourself may have used here, or that's how seven refers to southern indians.

No... It's not a term for south indians....this is how it started.

Some SI might have said something about North indians. Seven got agitated and in the middle of her rant she said, '... and what with you guys andre pondraying here all day'. All of us read it, but ignored it. However, Kris questioned her on it. And I explained that this is how most SI languages sound to [uneducated] north indians like us.

This term reached it's deserved heights when AB picked it up too, and asked TAZ in a telugu thread, 'what you guys andre pondraying about?' And TAZ totally flipped out.

The rest, they say, is history, since it was picked up on chats too regularly.

'What you guys andre pondraying?' shall remain in CH forever... methinks.

edit: and so far, no SI has taken an offense to it. methinks too. They themselves joke about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:43 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:the term given to "us"? if you had any courage or honesty in you, you would have said that that's a name for southern indians that amuses you (however crude it is), which you yourself may have used here, or that's how seven refers to southern indians.

Some SI might have said something about North indians. Seven got agitated and in the middle of her rant she said, '... and what with you guys andre pondraying here all day'. All of us read it, but ignored it. However, Kris questioned her on it. And I explained that this is how most SI languages sound to [uneducated] north indians like us.

This term reached it's deserved heights when AB picked it up too, and asked TAZ in a telugu thread, 'what you guys andre pondraying about?' And TAZ totally flipped out.

edit: and so far, no SI has taken an offense to it. methinks too. They themselves joke about it.

ah, 7 got agitated at a southern indian(?) and said "andre pondraying" in mockery of southern indian languages? and you explained that to everyone? i believe you.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:54 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:

ah, 7 got agitated at a southern indian(?) and said "andre pondraying" in mockery of southern indian languages? and you explained that to everyone? i believe you.

It was the SI who was agitated by two innocent NI women who were minding their own business, talking to each other. I was just saying I have been in situations where SIs are talking in their language next to me and I dont whine about it. You do so well turning things your way and twisting the original meaning.

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:33 pm

I don't know of any CH highlights that i have witnessed thus far

"Andre pondraying "? very funny seven Smile) while it lasted

but Tracy sorry to say ... in poor taste to bring it up again
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:42 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:

andre pondraying.

Congratulations on successful baiting. That itch really needed to be scratched?
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:18 am

seeee tracy! everyone agrees with me :-|
and u promised SIs take it in good spirit and its still funny :-|

Also,
'... and what with you guys andre pondraying here all day'

when did I say anything about what people do here all day ? Don't misquote me :-|
Remember when bittu needed some help I said tracy and...were helping bittu, and I wasn't quoting anyone, still how upset you got with me?
You lectured me saying don't name anyone if you are not sure or at least say you are not sure blah blah blah blah
And here you go misquoting me all matter-of-factly Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:37 am

anyway, the thread is titled CHighlights of 2011.. why are people stuck on just mine?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:27 am

for me, chailite of 2011 was this:

a TS discovers a truth abouth sulekha, namely, that blabberwock is admin...fukin A! fukin A!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:07 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:for me, chailite of 2011 was this:

a TS discovers a truth abouth sulekha, namely, that blabberwock is admin...fukin A! fukin A!

I...am...blabberwock, mind it! I could have so easily erased him and his posts.

Of course, C creating the chat, especially for me, is another highlight of my 2011 CH life.

PS: C, you are NOT a FAIL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:49 am

hey, even i had a small role to play in the evolution of the new chat. i am never doing anything for you again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:58 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:hey, even i had a small role to play in the evolution of the new chat. i am never doing anything for you again!

Oh, you too did it especially for me? The selective reporting done by the Observer is astounding!

You too are NOT a FAIL, HK.

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:27 am

blabber ,

I am also not a FAIL ....

Fellow of the American Institute of Liars Cool
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:31 am

how did I miss this story?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:35 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:

andre pondraying.

Andray Ponday is not a new creation BTW - have heard it and used it myself growing up in Blore...so it just wasn't anything groundbreaking or funny in the first place.

SHaven's stupidity is the ongoing LOWlight for me on SuCH; Cham Cham & SHaven have effectively replaced Maria & QB respectively on SuCH. If you don't think so - wait for one more year...Sasthi & Rekzu rounding up the CHaunty brigade Smile

Highlights were

1. The Official TS Fan club --> https://such.forumotion.com/t718-the-official-ts-fan-club

2. Tracy's series of stories --> https://such.forumotion.com/t1937-love-story-1-part-1

3. When Rashmun voted to ban himself in a poll he created (mistakenly of course, but it was ROFL nevertheless).

4. Those akbar/mughal threads with pictures - you know the ones I'm referring to...I hope Smile

5. What are you eating/drinking sticky threads - always good stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:42 am

Richard Hed wrote:
Andray Ponday is not a new creation BTW - have heard it and used it myself growing up in Blore...so it just wasn't anything groundbreaking or funny in the first place.

I know. I may have used it too. But it was forgotten. It's arrival on CH, and her using it as if it was a well-known term was still funny.

Richard Hed wrote:

Highlights were
1. The Official TS Fan club --> https://such.forumotion.com/t718-the-official-ts-fan-club

agree. Nothing like watching AB at his best.

Richard Hed wrote:

2. Tracy's series of stories --> https://such.forumotion.com/t1937-love-story-1-part-1

awww flower

Richard Hed wrote:

4. Those akbar/mughal threads with pictures - you know the ones I'm referring to...I hope Smile

which one?

Richard Hed wrote:

3. When Rashmun voted to ban himself in a poll he created (mistakenly of course, but it was ROFL nevertheless).

lol! I know Rashmun will boil up again if I LOL on this, but it was funny indeed! Specially coz he was cute enough to admit it here.

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:50 am

dick head ,

Am I honoured to be included in your list !

Make sure you continue to embarass yourself and rile others

and I will have you up there in 2012 ...maybe
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:53 am

chameli wrote:dick head ,

Am I honoured to be included in your list !

Make sure you continue to embarass yourself and rile others

and I will have you up there in 2012 ...maybe

Yaawnmeli - You just bore me. And I mean that in a real nice, decent way. Can you please go out into the real world and get "a life and a personality - to go pliss"?

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:57 am

dick,

you excel in putting down people ..unnecessarily ..

Is it the food you eat or the air you breathe that makes you so unpalatable and nauseating ?

I know in your heart of hearts ..in a nice decent way... you really want me

so I shall be around ...just for you queen
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:02 am

seven wrote:LOL

Not too long ago, Tracy finally decided to address her weight problem and took up exercising. definitely worth documenting i'd say!

Tracy deciding to lose weight is a highlight ?

why not ?

Everything she says and does is a highlight ..

even picking her nose ..

she may even have documented that bounce

PS my idea of humour folks... go with it Neutral
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 am

blabberwock wrote:Oh, you too did it especially for me?

oh yes, oh yessss. *crying*

You too are NOT a FAIL, HK.

CHighlights 2011 Smiley12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:39 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:

i'm surprised you missed it. it dragged on for a few days. sorry, can't dig out the relevant thread (a TS must use a different ID each week -- so it is difficult) but here's a charvaka post from a day later summarizing the events:

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse/i-observe-observations-1110228.htm#1110482

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:58 am

a few more chailites (for me):

- enjoyed making my kids get to read with online, remote-guidance from SUCHers (special thanks to HA).

- discovered the joys of food, with pics. and recipes, and then going into a food-coma (am in one now).

- that mughal thread, ha ha ha (txs. richard for reminding us). TW look here: https://such.forumotion.com/t709-jahangir-and-jesus

- the creation of SUCH -- for however long it lasts. my father taught me to live life one year at a time. he taught me this the hard way when we were fighting (he disinherited me and put me in a lockup -- much later we reached a rapprochement). i used to psych myself out earlier by planning for 5/10 yrs. hence.

- more later. this is a good thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:05 pm

aaah I think the TS thing happened when I was away in India. And the jehangir thing happened when I was touring around with brother and fam.

HK, lately, I literally live for 2 months at a time. This is the same tracy that was never without a 10-year plan.

HK, I think you should write a memoir. So many huge details u drop so casually. Like what you said about your dad just now. Leaves me with like a hundred and one questions in my head. (By now ch'ers should know not to do this to me.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:16 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:HK, lately, I literally live for 2 months at a time. This is the same tracy that was never without a 10-year plan.

LOL. reduce that 2 months to 2 days and you would become an arahant. Smile you are not far from nirvana.

HK, I think you should write a memoir. So many huge details u drop so casually. Like what you said about your dad just now. Leaves me with like a hundred and one questions in my head. (By now ch'ers should know not to do this to me.)

actually i more enjoy keeping you guys in suspense (on a day-to-day basis). hang the memoir -- that's a 5 yr. project.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:15 pm

Richard Hed wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:

andre pondraying.

SHaven's stupidity is the ongoing LOWlight for me on SuCH; Cham Cham & SHaven have effectively replaced Maria & QB respectively on SuCH. If you don't think so - wait for one more year...Sasthi & Rekzu rounding up the CHaunty brigade Smile

Highlights were

The main highlight of 2011 on CH is,richard unkil getting married ..Finally..wish him loads of luck
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:40 pm

richard ? as in dickhead ? recently married ?

and still bitter ..crying foul at females ? verbally abusive ?

I'm wondering ... and

Not wishing him luck ...yet
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:09 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:

i'm surprised you missed it. it dragged on for a few days. sorry, can't dig out the relevant thread (a TS must use a different ID each week -- so it is difficult) but here's a charvaka post from a day later summarizing the events:

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse/i-observe-observations-1110228.htm#1110482

Oh, how I miss those days of the CH!

Life was so wonderful, a miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:32 pm

Rekz wrote:
The main highlight of 2011 on CH is,richard unkil getting married ..Finally..wish him loads of luck

Yeahh...me too wishing him a loooads of luck.... Very Happy

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:48 pm

To paraphrase: "The reports of my marriage are greatly exaggerated."

It's next year.

BTW this is classic CHaunty ploy! Trust the CHaunties to mis-inform; misattribute, mislabel and then just plain ol stupidity. That's what they do! And if you call 'em out on it - their bulbous selves think it's cos ju got hots for em *puke marathon* Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:50 pm

CHighlight 2011 is definitely this new forum and its chat utility. When/if I run into Charvaka, drinks are on me.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:12 pm

Bittu wrote:CHighlight 2011 is definitely this new forum and its chat utility. When/if I run into Charvaka, drinks are on me.

+1

C deserves a lot of credit for creating and maintaining this forum & chat utility for our general frivolousness and entertainment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:25 pm

+1 to caru, and all who helped the initial move. 2011 is a pretty historic year that way. So many firsts for so many of us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:43 am

2011 Person of SUCH = = Carman

Highlight of 2011:

I have a job. I am a millionaire. I have garden.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:10 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:2011 Person of SUCH = = Carman

Highlight of 2011:

I have a job. I am a millionaire. I have garden.

and i am ceo. and i have be and mba.

+ 1 for charvaka.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:58 am

oh yes, BE MBA CEO Garden, of course. How can that not be in the highlights. hehe.

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:12 pm

charvaka a.k.a boss has been nothing but decent and welcoming ..I can't call him a" 2011 highlight" but will acknowledge him as a kindred spirit

Smile
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:44 am

Thanks everyone for the kind words. 2011 has certainly been a big year for this community; a number of people played vital roles in making this forum and chat happen, contributing ideas and performing tests.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:39 am

charvaka wrote:Thanks everyone for the kind words. 2011 has certainly been a big year for this community; a number of people played vital roles in making this forum and chat happen, contributing ideas and performing tests.

This was all done with the only purpose of helping the poor, spreading the prosperity, and to fight for peace more effectively, and I dedicate this success to the people.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down