aap ki nazron (let me also try) Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

aap ki nazron (let me also try)

2 posters

Go down

aap ki nazron (let me also try) Empty aap ki nazron (let me also try)

Post by Guest Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:56 am

Back to top Go down

aap ki nazron (let me also try) Empty Re: aap ki nazron (let me also try)

Post by Guest Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:57 am

actually i just got back from watching aligarh and oh! manoj bajpai, i LOVE you. this song was a refrain in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:16 am

i love manoj bajpai too... liked him since he was in some tv show w/kittu gidwani back in the 90s, both him and irrfan khan. lol it was a day opera, but dad and I used to watch it still, as that's when we both got up from our afternoon nap, and watched this over tea and namkeen. forgot the show name, it was either called Svetlana, or dad called it Svetlana coz of Kittu's character's name being that in the show. it was very interesting in the beginning, but began going in all directions, like they all do. that's when dad lost interest in it, but I continued watching coz of these two.

anyhoos, the movie sounds interesting. says it's worldwide release, but I am not finding it in any theatre here in nj. let's see. will wait for it to get on Netflix, hopefully.

love this song. I r'ber the rough storyline of the movie it's from. in it, the girl didn't want to go to school, so her over indulgent dad said - alright. she she grows up anpad. lots and lots of issues coz of that, in sasural. fast forward, her daughter does the same school nautanki, and this one beats her up and sends her, and eventually that turns out to be a swell decision. moral of the story being, kids will be kids, you must know better, tough love, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:28 am

just did a quick google. can't link irrfan khan with that tv serial, named swabhimaan. maybe my faltering memory, but I think he played a lawyer in it, and came towards the very end... or maybe I am mixing him up from other tv shows of the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:01 pm

Meghna Mathur wrote:i love manoj bajpai too... liked him since he was in some tv show w/kittu gidwani back in the 90s,
oh really? my only memory of kittu gidwani was when she played air-hostess in a tv serial. was bajpai too in it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:15 pm

brie wrote:
Meghna Mathur wrote:i love manoj bajpai too... liked him since he was in some tv show w/kittu gidwani back in the 90s,
oh really? my only memory of kittu gidwani was when she played air-hostess in a tv serial. was bajpai too in it?

no no, the air hostess one was in the 80s, she was pretty young then. this one was in mid 90s and she played a slightly older mistress of an older businessman. I think this tv series was Bajpai's first. He came in 2nd season or so. I keep thinking irrfan was in it too, came in even later, but he had worked in different tv shows earlier.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:46 pm

Irfan khan was Badri in Chandrakanta. 
We still call him that.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:56 pm

Before that he was in that cutesy tv serial of 3 sisters with names starting with R. Was that banegi apni baat. Shefali chhaya later replaced the oldest sister. Madhavan was in that too. Cute. The main lead was someone else though, didn't do much later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:22 pm

i thought most of the day about aligarh and manoj bajpai. the movie is haunting if you remove homosex and lgbt for a moment. today i accepted that i live a life which is the same as that manoj bajpai did after he was caught in the act and suspended from amu. and the life he led after that? succor in the little alcohol, the fond lyrics of old music, the pride in the respect he once commanded (but did not now). he was victimized, i am not (yet), but his lifestyle in those moments as a recluse and pariah resonates much and also the inevitable suicide despite winning a lawsuit. the victory was too late for the bird had been shot in mid-air and was kissing the earth, shorn of all pride.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:41 pm

brie wrote:i thought most of the day about aligarh and manoj bajpai. the movie is haunting if you remove homosex and lgbt for a moment. today i accepted that i live a life which is the same as that manoj bajpai did after he was caught in the act and suspended from amu. and the life he led after that? succor in the little alcohol, the fond lyrics of old music, the pride in the respect he once commanded (but did not now). he was victimized, i am not (yet), but his lifestyle in those moments as a recluse and pariah resonates much and also the inevitable suicide despite winning a lawsuit. the victory was too late for the bird had been shot in mid-air and was kissing the earth, shorn of all pride.

argh the movie is not playing here... will keep an eye out. can't comment until I see the movie, but seeing this, guess you are relating to maybe a specific aspect of your life, coz I somehow don't see you like a recluse like described here. I also am finding certain empathy with some parts of what you wrote, within my own life, but I don't think I can fully connect to it, given I am still running a household and two maybe three lives directly depend on me, hence certain element of positive is there, and I believe same is true for you. so, while I am a failure compared to what could have been, I am not gone yet, or maybe my goals have changed. my own goals and dreams are dead, so maybe that's the part I can relate to.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:49 pm

brie wrote:
thanks bhaiya..
it's in DarbAri kAnada... wakes up even the dead, from the dust!

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:53 am

garam_kuta wrote:
brie wrote:
thanks bhaiya..
Shocked  it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNaQg3ggeHc

in fact so many of old, hit songs are in different, famous raags but just that we are not aware!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:56 am

Meghna Mathur wrote:
brie wrote:i thought most of the day about aligarh and manoj bajpai. the movie is haunting if you remove homosex and lgbt for a moment. today i accepted that i live a life which is the same as that manoj bajpai did after he was caught in the act and suspended from amu. and the life he led after that? succor in the little alcohol, the fond lyrics of old music, the pride in the respect he once commanded (but did not now). he was victimized, i am not (yet), but his lifestyle in those moments as a recluse and pariah resonates much and also the inevitable suicide despite winning a lawsuit. the victory was too late for the bird had been shot in mid-air and was kissing the earth, shorn of all pride.

argh the movie is not playing here... will keep an eye out. can't comment until I see the movie, but seeing this, guess you are relating to maybe a specific aspect of your life, coz I somehow don't see you like a recluse like described here. I also am finding certain empathy with some parts of what you wrote, within my own life, but I don't think I can fully connect to it, given I am still running a household and two maybe three lives directly depend on me, hence certain element of positive is there, and I believe same is true for you. so, while I am a failure compared to what could have been, I am not gone yet, or maybe my goals have changed. my own goals and dreams are dead, so maybe that's the part I can relate to.
the fact that you find empathy in certain parts of what i wrote answers the apparent contradiction in my post. i am not exactly a recluse but i empathize with dr. siras (bajpai) and sometimes i am like him.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:23 pm

brie wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
brie wrote:
thanks bhaiya..
Shocked  it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNaQg3ggeHc

in fact so many of old, hit songs are in different, famous raags but just that we are not aware!

thanks again, bhaiya...hadn't heard that one of the master before!

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum