No country even for yes men: what the sacking of Harsha Bhogle tells us about the BCCI Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No country even for yes men: what the sacking of Harsha Bhogle tells us about the BCCI

3 posters

Go down

No country even for yes men: what the sacking of Harsha Bhogle tells us about the BCCI Empty No country even for yes men: what the sacking of Harsha Bhogle tells us about the BCCI

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:13 am

http://scroll.in/article/806504/no-country-even-for-yes-men-what-the-sacking-of-harsha-bhogle-tells-us-about-the-bcci

Back to top Go down

No country even for yes men: what the sacking of Harsha Bhogle tells us about the BCCI Empty Re: No country even for yes men: what the sacking of Harsha Bhogle tells us about the BCCI

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:09 am

this is a sad episode. bhogle is a thorough professional and i hate the bcci for treating him so shabbily. fatty-vasan is an a-hole of the highest magnitude and i loathe him. bhachchan etc should just STFU and stick his nose into things he has no clue about like cricket.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

No country even for yes men: what the sacking of Harsha Bhogle tells us about the BCCI Empty Re: No country even for yes men: what the sacking of Harsha Bhogle tells us about the BCCI

Post by southindian Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:24 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:this is a sad episode. bhogle is a thorough professional and i hate the bcci for treating him so shabbily. fatty-vasan is an a-hole of the highest magnitude and i loathe him. bhachchan etc should just STFU and stick his nose into things he has no clue about like cricket.
I thought bhachchan has a PhD in cricket like bhogle. These Ultracrepidarians, I tell ya. 

bhachchan cannot survive a minute among SuCH learned scholars.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:27 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:this is a sad episode. bhogle is a thorough professional and i hate the bcci for treating him so shabbily. fatty-vasan is an a-hole of the highest magnitude and i loathe him. bhachchan etc should just STFU and stick his nose into things he has no clue about like cricket.

Indian captain Dhoni apparently disagrees with you with respect to Bachchan:

A second random event was the apparent endorsement of Bachchan’s tweet by Indian captain M. S. Dhoni, who retweeted Bachchan’s comments with a cryptic “Nothing to add.”

http://thewire.in/2016/04/12/a-series-of-unfortunate-events-and-harsha-bhogles-ouster-29047/

On another note Srinivasan is no longer the BCCI President; the new President is Shashank Manohar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:34 am

Rashmun wrote:

Indian captain Dhoni apparently disagrees with you with respect to Bachchan:

A second random event was the apparent endorsement of Bachchan’s tweet by Indian captain M. S. Dhoni, who retweeted Bachchan’s comments with a cryptic “Nothing to add.”

http://thewire.in/2016/04/12/a-series-of-unfortunate-events-and-harsha-bhogles-ouster-29047/

On another note Srinivasan is no longer the BCCI President; the new President is Shashank Manohar.

I am disappointed with the apparent contempt Dhoni has for senior sports journalists, and this contempt is shared by other members of the Indian cricket team including Kohli.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:48 pm

Bachchan's own patriotic credentials have been recently burnished. In the group match against Pakistan, he sang the national anthem before the match began, and when it ended in an Indian victory, he was shown zealously waving the national flag. Perhaps this public, high-octane patriotism persuaded him of the need for "committed" commentary.

What manner of commentary would satisfy Bachchan and Dhoni and the powers that be at the BCCI? What order of obedience, what depths of craven compliance would appease an organization that manages to turn pliant men into free-speech martyrs? I have a suggestion.

The IPL commentary team should be led by Mr Bachchan and his famous baritone. For the drearier passages of the game-a long partnership by the enemy, for example - Anupam Kher could take over to ratchet up patriotic support for our soldiers in the middle. Better still, Indian fast bowlers could run in to the rhythmic chant of Bharat Mata Ki Jai, all catches could be appealed with "Vande Mataram!" and umpires heedless of Mother India's needs could be punished by being publicly immobilised in stocks erected for that purpose in the stadium after the match.

In the meanwhile, the BCCI could send Bhogle and other offenders to re-education camps to learn the error of their ways and begin their long journey towards rehabilitation.

http://www.ndtv.com/opinion/lessons-from-the-de-commissioning-of-harsha-bhogle-1394713?pfrom=home-lateststories

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:46 am

Now that his name is in the Panama papers, Bachchan has no option but to wrap himself up in the national flag some more and play the super-patriot.

I won't be surprised if he becomes the mascot for Make in India, Swachch Bharat Abhiyan and other of NaMo's pet projects in the coming days.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:55 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Now that his name is in the Panama papers, Bachchan has no option but to wrap himself up in the national flag some more and play the super-patriot.

I won't be surprised if he becomes the mascot for Make in India, Swachch Bharat Abhiyan and other of NaMo's pet projects in the coming days.

I have always thought of him as a benign stooge, mouthing off folderol, never pissing of anyone politically connected or his fans.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down