Trumpotus Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trumpotus

2 posters

Go down

Trumpotus Empty Trumpotus

Post by goodcitizn Fri May 06, 2016 8:32 am

I predict Trump to win against Hillary.

To many, Hillary is not "presidential". She is piggybacking her policies on the status quo when the public wants something refreshing which is why Bernie has come this far. Trump will be a lot more aggressive, having already labeled her as "crooked Hillary".

Trump has the Republicans reeling, the Muslims pouting, the Mexicans jarring, the women scowling and a growing number of Americans enjoying this controversial guy shaking up the entire system and the world.

It's popcorn time.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Trumpotus Empty Re: Trumpotus

Post by Guest Fri May 06, 2016 8:41 am

goodcitizn wrote:I predict Trump to win against Hillary.

To many, Hillary is not "presidential". She is piggybacking her policies on the status quo when the public wants something refreshing which is why Bernie has come this far. Trump will be a lot more aggressive, having already labeled her as "crooked Hillary".

Trump has the Republicans reeling, the Muslims pouting, the Mexicans jarring, the women scowling and a growing number of Americans enjoying this controversial guy shaking up the entire system and the world.

It's popcorn time.

i agree with the above. not all women are scowling though; many are supporting him. and he is probably going to reach out more towards hispanics.

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri May 06, 2016 8:47 am

Rashmun wrote:

It's popcorn time.

i agree with the above. not all women are scowling though; many are supporting him. and he is probably going to reach out more towards hispanics.
I am not for Trump, yet I am a realist.

Last edited by goodcitizn on Fri May 06, 2016 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06, 2016 8:52 am

goodcitizn wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

It's popcorn time.

I am not for Trump yet I am a realist.

Ditto. I lean towards the Democratic party. One thing you did not mention is that many voters are impressed with Trump because they believe he has not taken any money from special interests for campaign funds and is hence not beholden to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri May 06, 2016 8:57 am

Rashmun wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

It's popcorn time.

I am not for Trump yet I am a realist.

Ditto. I lean towards the Democratic party. One thing you did not mention is that many voters are impressed with Trump because they believe he has not taken any money from special interests for campaign funds and is hence not beholden to them.
Obama actually rescued the country from the pig shit left by G.W.Bush. The administration did a piss poor job of marketing to the general public what he accomplished against the odds.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri May 06, 2016 9:47 am

written a couple of days before trump became the nominee:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/if-trump-is-nominated-the-gop-must-keep-him-out-of-the-white-house/2016/04/29/293f7f94-0d9d-11e6-8ab8-9ad050f76d7d_story.html
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri May 06, 2016 11:21 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:written a couple of days before trump became the nominee:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/if-trump-is-nominated-the-gop-must-keep-him-out-of-the-white-house/2016/04/29/293f7f94-0d9d-11e6-8ab8-9ad050f76d7d_story.html
Wishful thinking.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri May 06, 2016 11:31 am

Hillary has much broader appeal than Drumpf. Drumpf sells only among working class whites.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri May 06, 2016 11:33 am

Young folks, college educated folks especially college educated women, Hispanics, blacks -- that's too many groups that hate him.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri May 06, 2016 11:43 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:Young folks, college educated folks especially college educated women, Hispanics, blacks -- that's too many groups that hate him.
Let's see. Looks like when you dump Trump in deep waters, he surfaces with a fish in his mouth.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06, 2016 12:08 pm

The U.S. presidential election may turn out to be one of the world's biggest un-popularity contests.
Nearly half of American voters who support either Democrat Hillary Clinton or Republican Donald Trump for the White House said they will mainly be trying to block the other side from winning, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released Thursday.
The results reflect a deepening ideological divide in the United States, where people are becoming increasingly fearful of the opposing party, a feeling worsened by the likely matchup between the New York real estate tycoon and the former first lady, said Larry Sabato, director of the University of Virginia’s Center for Politics.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-anti-vote-idUSKCN0XX06E

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri May 06, 2016 12:57 pm

Rashmun wrote:The U.S. presidential election may turn out to be one of the world's biggest un-popularity contests.
Nearly half of American voters who support either Democrat Hillary Clinton or Republican Donald Trump for the White House said they will mainly be trying to block the other side from winning, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released Thursday.
The results reflect a deepening ideological divide in the United States, where people are becoming increasingly fearful of the opposing party, a feeling worsened by the likely matchup between the New York real estate tycoon and the former first lady, said Larry Sabato, director of the University of Virginia’s Center for Politics.

Do you seriously think Indian politics to be any better?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06, 2016 1:11 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Rashmun wrote:The U.S. presidential election may turn out to be one of the world's biggest un-popularity contests.

indian politics is worse. in indian politics, political candidates can get killed. also, inter-caste and inter-religious violence can be orchestrated for getting electoral benefits.

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri May 06, 2016 1:18 pm

Rashmun wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

indian politics is worse. in indian politics, political candidates can get killed. also, inter-caste and inter-religious violence can be orchestrated for getting electoral benefits.
You're right.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri May 06, 2016 9:48 pm

this is an example of what krugman has correctly called false equivalence. there is a reason for drumpf's opponents to be scared of him -- he has spoken in hateful and apocalyptic terms about hispanic immigrants, muslims, and many women. hillary and the democrats have done no such thing.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum