Women's safety in Madras - a letter Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Women's safety in Madras - a letter

+8
pravalika nanda
swapna
Seva Lamberdar
garam_kuta
Maria S
goodcitizn
MaxEntropy_Man
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
12 posters

Go down

Women's safety in Madras - a letter Empty Women's safety in Madras - a letter

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:55 am

There is also widespread panic about Madras having become unsafe, as if it had been a haven for women earlier. Unless you spent your entire childhood shielded from the roads as well as newspapers, there is no way you could believe this city was ever safe.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Women's safety in Madras - a letter Empty Re: Women's safety in Madras - a letter

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:08 am

....The post also mentioned that the culprit was a Muslim named Bilal and he will not get the punishment he deserves because he belongs to the minority community.

He is 102% correct. I know that area very well. I am not sure if the culprit is a Muslim, but that area has a large Christian population. Strange that NO ONE from the DMK or the ADMK has made any comment on this dastardly act. This does not happen even in Delhi.

P.S. the spell checker forced me to capitalize "Muslim" and "Christian" but did not complain about not capitalizing "hindu" Even here hindus are discriminated.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Women's safety in Madras - a letter Empty Re: Women's safety in Madras - a letter

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:34 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

....The post also mentioned that the culprit was a Muslim named Bilal and he will not get the punishment he deserves because he belongs to the minority community.

He is 102% correct. I know that area very well. I am not sure if the culprit is a Muslim, but that area has a large Christian population. Strange that NO ONE from the DMK or the ADMK has made any comment on this dastardly act. This does not happen even in Delhi.

P.S. the spell checker forced me to capitalize "Muslim" and "Christian" but did not complain about not capitalizing "hindu" Even here hindus are discriminated.

That's the most creative whine I've heard from you. Wow!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:31 am

I am using iPad so let me type "Hindu". Wow, there is no discrimination!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:40 am

Notice deftly Max defetly avoided commenting on the incident, and soon Swapie will comment on the missing period.

What made me wonder is in 2 hours there must have been at least 12-15 trains stopping in EACH direction and people getting on/off the coaches that stop in front of the body. People just glanced at the body and kep going ?

That is typical Indian attitude. Sorry to say, but tht is a fact. The real culprits are the fear of police and life-time dragging of case in courts. As I always maintained unless an until the judiciary is reformed to deliver a verdict in any case within a stipulated time frame and the public are protected from police abuse and misuse, Indians will continue to follow "namakkEnna aachchu..seri va pogalaam" attitude.

Will see what happens in this case.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:56 pm

Notice deftly Max defetly avoided commenting on the incident, and soon Swapie will comment on the missing period.

What made me wonder is in 2 hours there must have been at least 12-15 trains stopping in EACH direction and people getting on/off the coaches that stop in front of the body. People just glanced at the body and kep going ?

That is typical Indian attitude. Sorry to say, but tht is a fact. The real culprits are the fear of police and life-time dragging of case in courts.  As I always maintained unless an until the judiciary is reformed to deliver a verdict in any case within a stipulated time frame and the public are protected from police abuse and misuse, Indians will continue to follow "namakkEnna  aachchu..seri va pogalaam" attitude.

Nothing has come out of the police investigation so far.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/chennai/swathi-knew-she-was-stalked-by-the-suspect/article8793192.ece#comments

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:21 pm

What a horrific crime. Feel sad for the young lady and her loved ones.

As someone who lived many, many years in Chennai..traveled alone by electric train, bus, auto.. you name it, late at night and early in the morning..felt (relatively) safe then and now. I wonder if all these people who condemn Chennai..would really help if a young woman was in danger..

No place on earth is really safe (all the time) and most people don't want to get involved..occasionally there are still some caring and brave souls who do take the risk..and try to help others. 

By the way the culprit seems to a "Ramkumar" (from Tirunelveli)..mostly likely someone who knew the young lady..was obsessed and stalked her.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/nation/Swathi-murder-Police-arrest-suspect-at-Tirunelveli/2016/07/02/article3509655.ece

Could be wrong, but will not be surprised if as in 80% of homicide cases, the female victim knew the assailant well..usually the husband or intimate partner, a jealous male acquaintance or family member.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:34 pm

Maria S wrote:What a horrific crime. Feel sad for the young lady and her loved ones.

As someone who lived many, many years in Chennai..traveled alone by electric train, bus, auto.. you name it, late at night and early in the morning..felt (relatively) safe then and now. I wonder if all these people who condemn Chennai..would really help if a young woman was in danger..

No place on earth is really safe (all the time) and most people don't want to get involved..occasionally there are still some caring and brave souls who do take the risk..and try to help others. 

By the way the culprit seems to a "Ramkumar" (from Tirunelveli)..mostly likely someone who knew the young lady..was obsessed and stalked her.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/nation/Swathi-murder-Police-arrest-suspect-at-Tirunelveli/2016/07/02/article3509655.ece

Could be wrong, but will not be surprised if as in 80% of homicide cases, the female victim knew the assailant well..usually the husband or intimate partner, a jealous male acquaintance or family member.
Looks like this Ramkumar might be the killer. Let's see if he confesses. I also have spent many years in Chennai, never once feeling unsafe. But what shocks me is how so many bystanders never tried to help the girl or catch the assailant. That's not the Chennai I used to know, or thought I knew. Sad, indeed.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:51 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Maria S wrote:What a horrific crime. Feel sad for the young lady and her loved ones.

Looks like this Ramkumar might be the killer. Let's see if he confesses. I also have spent many years in Chennai, never once feeling unsafe. But what shocks me is how so many bystanders never tried to help the girl or catch the assailant. That's not the Chennai I used to know, or thought I knew. Sad, indeed.

That is typical Indian attitude. Sorry to say, but tht is a fact. The real culprits are the fear of police and life-time dragging of case in courts. As I always maintained unless an until the judiciary is reformed to deliver a verdict in any case within a stipulated time frame and the public are protected from police abuse and misuse, Indians will continue to follow "namakkEnna aachchu..seri va pogalaam" attitude.

P.S. he certainly learnt slitting the throat from the Jehadi muslims...blame it on the Fakirs although he is a Kafir.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:23 am

goodcitizn wrote:

P.S.  he certainly learnt slitting the throat from the Jehadi muslims...blame it on the Fakirs although he is a Kafir.

Genuine/real eyewitnesses may conform to what you say and for the reasons you have rightly attributed to, but the public in tamil nadu generally indulge spontaneously into street events and many times get physical with the people involved in public incidents that are in apparent violation of law. That is, cases in which  both the perp and the victim are active and stable. Looks more like this was shockingly gross, beyond beneficial of any help and seemed clearly a victim of murder, not accident and hence they did not want to get involved - in their mind their involvement would only be more of a burden to their time and efforts, and inconsequential to the victim; sadly, they miss out on the bigger picture of how that might help accelerate solving the crime, impact awareness to society at large and help implement effective deterrents.

Last edited by garam_kuta on Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:27 am

Murder suspect attempted suicide, but apprehended by police.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:27 am

goodcitizn wrote:

are you talking as a man or a woman about "never once feeling unsafe" after spending many years in Chennai?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:29 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

are you talking as a man or a woman about "never once feeling unsafe" after spending many years in Chennai?

I didn't know GC had a fluid gender lamberdarji!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:32 am

thank you for your post, maria; it's full of wisdom, and concern for the common man and woman. we are indeed privileged to be on the same forum as.you.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:22 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Yeah, try walking as a man at night in Central Park in NYC or South Shore in Chicago. Hope Chennai is not heading in that direction.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:15 pm

Apparently the politicians won't leave the family grieve in peace, constantly intruding on them. A letter from the older sister of the poor victim:

http://www.thenewsminute.com/article/childish-soft-spoken-and-god-fearing-portrait-swathi-her-sister-open-letter-45617

Someone very close to me was similarly importuned by a co-worker and became afraid for her safety in her twenties. Thankfully that didn't end in horrible tragedy.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:41 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

P.S.  he certainly learnt slitting the throat from the Jehadi muslims...blame it on the Fakirs although he is a Kafir.

Genuine/real eyewitnesses may conform to what you say and for the reasons you have rightly attributed to, but the public in tamil nadu generally indulge spontaneously into street events and many times get physical with the people involved in public incidents that are in apparent violation of law. That is, cases in which  both the perp and the victim are active and stable. Looks more like this was shockingly gross, beyond beneficial of any help and seemed clearly a victim of murder, not accident and hence they did not want to get involved - in their mind their involvement would only be more of a burden to their time and efforts, and inconsequential to the victim; sadly, they miss out on the bigger picture of how that might help accelerate solving the crime, impact awareness to society at large and help implement effective deterrents.

I can see that the uy had a knife... and hence the morning "busy" bodies were "pondering" what to do. what riles me is there should have been quite a few college-age guys on that platform. people walk across the track and get onto the platform. Dont they have stones on the track and wouldn't handful of them go after the killer with few stones in their hand? it might sound silly but it very practical and actually a deadly weapons to attack a killer from afar. perhaps, a lack of presence of mind.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:46 am

garam_kuta wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

I can see that the uy had a knife... and hence the morning "busy" bodies were "pondering" what to do. what riles me is there should have been quite a few college-age guys on that platform. people walk across the track and get onto the platform. Dont they have stones on the track and wouldn't handful of them go after the killer with  few stones in their hand? it might sound silly but it very practical and actually a deadly weapons to attack a killer from afar. perhaps, a lack of presence of mind.

seems to be a bit highly premeditated to every detail that it was too swift for any intervention by mainstream folks around... another story of targeted lust, it appears...

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:03 pm

Summary for those who don't read Tamil -- unrequited love directed at a woman not his social peer drove him to kill her.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:08 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

I can see that the uy had a knife... and hence the morning "busy" bodies were "pondering" what to do. what riles me is there should have been quite a few college-age guys on that platform. people walk across the track and get onto the platform. Dont they have stones on the track and wouldn't handful of them go after the killer with  few stones in their hand? it might sound silly but it very practical and actually a deadly weapons to attack a killer from afar. perhaps, a lack of presence of mind.

seems to be a bit highly premeditated to every detail that it was too swift for any intervention by mainstream folks around... another story of targeted lust, it appears...
I heard in the news that he told the investigators that she refused to accept his love after repeated attempts; got him upset with derogatory comments. He went to his village to bring the sickle to Chennai. His intention was to slit her mouth, not kill her. He has been brought to Chennai and is expected to appear in court tomorrow.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:39 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

I heard in the news that he told the investigators that she refused to accept his love after repeated attempts; got him upset with derogatory comments. He went to his village to bring the sickle to Chennai. His intention was to slit her mouth, not kill her. He has been brought to Chennai and is expected to appear in court tomorrow.

Really?.... no wonder the girl spurned this "brilliant" idiot. I hear rhat Girls in India demand that their future husbands be educated from BETTER colleges than their own and working at equal or better companies. This has been going on for the last 10 years. So this guy should know he had no chance with ANY woman in Madras.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:39 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

in TV interviews, lots of dust being stirred up with insidious innuendos from K'dhi and others from different parties, subtly smearing caste colors and such, it may end up a dirty playing field for the politicians.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:08 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

in TV interviews, lots of dust being stirred up with insidious innuendos from K'dhi and others from different parties, subtly smearing caste colors and such, it may end up a dirty playing field for the politicians.

That is why I support implementing kOranic laws for criminal activities. Hope they incorporate it in the UCC.

No rhyme or reasons - which criminal or criminal act does not come with a reason - valid or not? - if the guy killed the girl, give him the Dhaka treatment.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:58 am

Accused Ram Kumar's volte face - claims innocence, nothing to do with murder

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:20 am

i have no clue why some random woman getting murdered in chennai is getting this much attn. and why this thread has so many views and responds. this doesn't interest me one bit. i dont care who what when where why.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:50 am

pravalika nanda wrote:i have no clue why some random woman getting murdered in chennai is getting this much attn. and why this thread has so many views and responds. this doesn't interest me one bit. i dont care who what when where why.
I see.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:50 am

pravalika nanda wrote:i have no clue why some random woman getting murdered in chennai is getting this much attn. and why this thread has so many views and responds. this doesn't interest me one bit. i dont care who what when where why.

congratulations! you have achieved nirvana!

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:34 am

you really don't have a clue? i find that hard to believe. it's because many of our sisters and wives traveled in precisely similar circumstances when they were younger and lived, studied, and worked in chennai. and many of our nieces and female cousins still do. so it hits quite close to home.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:44 am

Should only those "recognized" by you or some influential desi be paid attention ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:59 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

you really don't have a clue? i find that hard to believe. it's because many of our sisters and wives traveled in precisely similar circumstances when they were younger and lived, studied, and worked in chennai. and many of our nieces and female cousins still do. so it hits quite close to home.
well, you better believe it. it strikes me as a pretty run-of-the-mill crime against a woman that is so common in all parts of india. so to be frank i don't understand the attention. to me it's not like the nirbhaya case which indeed deserved the attention it got. 

as far as it hitting home, i've lived in nyc (prior to which my family lived in another country and fled from fear of political instability) for a good amount of time and i went to inner city public schools, some of the kids went on to become druggies, and after i got pulled out of inner city schools and went on live in the suburbs i still met indian kids (kannada brahmins, tamil brahmins) who did experiment with drugs - i did not know them well but knew they did these things. i did not, nor did anyone in my family.

also, in my work i do see victims of crime. my family lives in nyc still and there are quite a few of us who work in roughly the same field and so we see these things. when i hear of a crime in the papers i usually don't get affected unless it is particularly dramatic.

i have no doubt that you grew up sheltered and continue to live that way, but surely we can agree that this is not an unusual crime.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:02 pm

Should only those "recognized" by you or some influential desi be paid attention ?
you're such a loser, get a life.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:08 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

well, you better believe it. it strikes me as a pretty run-of-the-mill crime against a woman that is so common in all parts of india. so to be frank i don't understand the attention. to me it's not like the nirbhaya case which indeed deserved the attention it got. 

as far as it hitting home, i've lived in nyc (prior to which my family lived in another country and fled from fear of political instability) for a good amount of time and i went to inner city public schools, some of the kids went on to become druggies, and after i got pulled out of inner city schools and went on live in the suburbs i still met indian kids (kannada brahmins, tamil brahmins) who did experiment with drugs - i did not know them well but knew they did these things. i did not, nor did anyone in my family.

also, in my work i do see victims of crime. my family lives in nyc still and there are quite a few of us who work in roughly the same field and so we see these things. when i hear of a crime in the papers i usually don't get affected unless it is particularly dramatic.

i have no doubt that you grew up sheltered and continue to live that way, but surely we can agree that this is not an unusual crime.

perhaps it is unusual for chennai. if it was a run of the mill crime, it wouldn't make the news.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:09 pm

and the kannada brahmin guy's dad is a respected surgeon, his mom was a housewife and quite traditional. my parents just lost touch with them but he went on to some profession or other like all indina kids without any problems.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:28 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

perhaps it is unusual for chennai. if it was a run of the mill crime, it wouldn't make the news.
it's boring. here's some stuff from a disinterested party:

https://www.osac.gov/pages/ContentReportDetails.aspx?cid=13704

TAMIL NADU STATE

In an April 2012 media report, the Home Department of the Tamil Nadu state assembly reported that besides family quarrels and personal disputes, “love affairs and sexual causes” were the major reasons behind the 1,747 homicides committed in 2011. The specific homicide causes listed are: family quarrels (440); wordy [sic] quarrel (325); personal enmity (421); and love affairs and sexual causes (347). For comparison, the state of Tamil Nadu recorded 1,715 homicides in 2010. The 2012 annual crime report is expected to be made available in April 2013.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:54 pm

thank you for those numbers. the population of TN is 67.86 million. that makes the 2011 homicide rate in TN 0.002%. by contrast, NYC with a population of 8.4 million, where you claim to have lived recorded 328 homicides in 2014 (google) leading to a homicide rate of 0.004%. homicide in your former (?) home of NYC is about twice as likely as chennai it would seem. perhaps this is why the people of TN and chennai took notice.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:05 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

wow, you were really socializing with the united nations there as long as they're brahmins. heh

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:22 pm

That is typical Indian attitude. Sorry to say, but tht is a fact. The real culprits are the fear of police and life-time dragging of case in courts.  As I always maintained unless an until the judiciary is reformed to deliver a verdict in any case within a stipulated time frame and the public are protected from police abuse and misuse, Indians will continue to follow "namakkEnna  aachchu..seri va pogalaam" attitude.

Yeah. Looks like the Periyar virus is very powerful! It seems to have genetically changed some Iyers into Sikularists.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:26 pm

There is also widespread panic about Madras having become unsafe, as if it had been a haven for women earlier. Unless you spent your entire childhood shielded from the roads as well as newspapers, there is no way you could believe this city was ever safe.
Well, in SI, Bangalore, Madras and Vizag used to be quite safe; Hyderabad was an exception.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:37 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

Well, in SI, Bangalore, Madras and Vizag used to be quite safe; Hyderabad was an exception.

I think vizag is still safe, although safety for women in the true sense of the word is iffy at best everywhere in the world.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:53 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

wow, you were really socializing with the united nations there as long as they're brahmins. heh
ఓయ్ బావా, వాడు (yes, pravallika anE వాడు) చెప్పిందంతా నమ్మినవాళ్ళు, ఒట్టి వెర్రి వెంగళప్పలు.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:30 pm

swapna wrote:
I see.
wow! that's incisive and deep, expands the mind; clap for joining the 'nirvana' club Wink

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:19 am

These Northindians!!! I tell ya.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:32 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

so sorry to hurt your feelings, baava. the people whom i know experimented with drugs included guys from those particular communities who traditionally have a reputation for being squeaky clean but it isn't so and i wanted to make that amply clear to max.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:44 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

I think vizag is still safe, although safety for women in the true sense of the word is iffy at best everywhere in the world.
vizag has a taj with a swimming pool on the second floor terrace under the sky. the last time i was there iw as afraid to go swimming because i pretty sure it would end in stalking and rape.

right next to it is another hotel much more expensive than the taj - sounds like novotel or novitel maybe. that place is frequented by the uneducated nouveau riche and i always avoid it. the rooms are also furnished in a cold modern way, no carpet, poor aethestics, just high prices and strangely-dressed people from all parts of india sit in the lounges. i'm talking weird-looking denim and tshirts. probably local goondas that the staff is afraid to kick out. ugh.

the owners are rajasthani or some kind of not-indians. further i could not speak in telugu when i checked in cuz the staff - all telugu people- pretend to not know any telugu! what shame that they think it is unsophisticated to not speak in english.

anyway the taj is nice and homely for the most part but i'm still scared for my you k n o w w h a t, no matter where i am.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:26 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

vizag has a taj with a swimming pool on the second floor terrace under the sky. the last time i was there iw as afraid to go swimming because i pretty sure it would end in stalking and rape.

right next to it is another hotel much more expensive than the taj - sounds like novotel or novitel maybe. that place is frequented by the uneducated nouveau riche and i always avoid it. the rooms are also furnished in a cold modern way, no carpet, poor aethestics, just high prices and strangely-dressed people from all parts of india sit in the lounges. i'm talking weird-looking denim and tshirts. probably local goondas that the staff is afraid to kick out. ugh.

the owners are rajasthani or some kind of not-indians. further i could not speak in telugu when i checked in cuz the staff - all telugu people- pretend to not know any telugu! what shame that they think it is unsophisticated to not speak in english.

anyway the taj is nice and homely for the most part but i'm still scared for my you k n o w w h a t, no matter where i am.

I can only guess.

PS: dont know much about hotels in vizag but I find that staying in smaller, boutique hotels is a much better experience in big cities.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:21 pm

I went to the station only to threaten her: Swathi's murder suspect yeah, with a machete. rrrrr..ight, we believe you Sad

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:43 pm

garam_kuta wrote:I went to the station only to threaten her: Swathi's murder suspect   yeah, with a machete.  rrrrr..ight, we believe you Sad

I thought he claimed innocence and did not kill her ? this guy should convert to iSlam - he is fully qualified.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down