astrophysicist priyamvada natarajan Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

astrophysicist priyamvada natarajan

+2
garam-kuta
swapna
6 posters

Go down

astrophysicist priyamvada natarajan Empty astrophysicist priyamvada natarajan

Post by swapna Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:01 am

professor of physics and astronomy at yale, to be interviewed on kera radio of dallas-fort worth, at 11:00 am cst today. 

http://www.kera.org/radio/think/upcoming/

the program is "think," and the host is krys boyd; she's the best interviewer I've heard: intelligent, fully prepared. natarajan has a new book out on astronomy, largely about dark matter and dark energy.

the program is rebroadcast in the evening, after 9:00.

swapna

Back to top Go down

astrophysicist priyamvada natarajan Empty Re: astrophysicist priyamvada natarajan

Post by swapna Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:18 am

swapna wrote:professor of physics and astronomy at yale, to be interviewed on kera radio of dallas-fort worth, at 11:00 am cst today. 

http://www.kera.org/radio/think/upcoming/

the program is "think," and the host is krys boyd; she's the best interviewer I've heard: intelligent, fully prepared. natarajan has a new book out on astronomy, largely about dark matter and dark energy.

the program is rebroadcast in the evening, after 9:00.
correction: the program starts at 12:00 noon cst.

swapna

Back to top Go down

astrophysicist priyamvada natarajan Empty Re: astrophysicist priyamvada natarajan

Post by garam-kuta Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:37 pm

but swapna, tell-na? how did you get the admins of ejmr and such to delete those threads? by crying or threatening to complain to the employers? tell-na?

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:36 pm

didn't someone named 'priyamvada' post regularly on SuCH several years ago?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:17 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:didn't someone named 'priyamvada' post regularly on SuCH several years ago?

MD can clarify it for you!

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:40 pm

ah, another one on non-linear vibrations in banach space and such...

and you, stumbled on 'thinking' now...
astrophysicist priyamvada natarajan Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlaJLpFFq1F7vJ-3CJBz30ti_zEve-MhPKNdnbLw2BpnKEiNoP

na, at this point you can't. you don't need it either, i should think  Wink  
that too, from your favorite, a tamil from dilli ? so what's your agenda here, eh?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:39 pm

garam-kuta wrote:but swapna, tell-na? how did you get the admins of ejmr and such to delete those threads? by crying or threatening to complain to  the employers? tell-na?
I was too busy watching the canine sorority's delightful conversation to spend the time to do any of that. the sisters were generous too; they even pretended to engage in wailing and gnashing of teeth to keep us all entertained!

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:55 pm

swapna wrote:
garam-kuta wrote:but swapna, tell-na? how did you get the admins of ejmr and such to delete those threads? by crying or threatening to complain to  the employers? tell-na?
I was too busy watching the canine sorority's delightful conversation to spend the time to do any of that. the sisters were generous too; they even pretended to engage in wailing and gnashing of teeth to keep us all entertained!

achchachO! Sad in total delirium, now?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:56 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:didn't someone named 'priyamvada' post regularly on SuCH several years ago?
yes, there was a person of that name here, but I haven't seen any indication that she is the same person as prof. natarajan of yale.

I listened to some of the interview. natarajan was quite interesting; she has fairly broad interests, and talked briefly about mutiple universes.

still, I am skeptical of these physicists; they arrogantly think they know a lot, ie. that they know a lot about the beginning, what exists, and what will be, but they're in the dark about large chunks of reality.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:39 pm

swapna wrote:
yes, there was a person of that name here, but I haven't seen any indication that she is the same person as prof. natarajan of yale.

I listened to some of the interview. natarajan was quite interesting; she has fairly broad interests, and talked briefly about mutiple universes.

still, I am skeptical of these physicists; they arrogantly think they know a lot, ie. that they know a lot about the beginning, what exists, and what will be, but they're in the dark about large chunks of reality.

yeah, yeah, unlike the ejmyirs, these are just scientists, na?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:06 pm

yes she was. I know a couple of things about her personal info to comare if I can dig into THIS prof.

There are a few common things. The Priyamvada in SuCh was very intelligent and was also in Toronto, about the same time as this one.

I will be surprised if both are same but certainly won't be shocked.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:19 am

swapna wrote:

you said it right -- "...in the dark about large chunks of reality."
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:44 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
swapna wrote:

haha the irony of 2 of 3 out to lunch characters on SUCH saying someone else is in the dark about reality is deelicious. today must be international irony day, first the cop who fatally shot someone at a gun ownership demo and now this

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:48 pm

swapna wrote:
and the threads magically disappeared from such and ejmr. you can't even fool one person even once with your blatant lies.
idefix already hinted that you cried and begged here. all we are interested in is whether you employed the same crying and begging there at ejmr or tried your complaining to employer tactics.
ps: please feel free to correct any english mistakes in this post, if you can't bring yourself to admit that you cried like a baby.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:12 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
swapna wrote:

haha the irony of 2 of 3 out to lunch characters on SUCH saying someone else is in the dark about reality is deelicious. today must be international irony day, first the cop who fatally shot someone at a gun ownership demo and now this
are you kidding -- what about the so called dark matter and dark energy?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down