Fake Doctors of India Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fake Doctors of India

2 posters

Go down

Fake Doctors of India Empty Fake Doctors of India

Post by Hellsangel Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:13 pm

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-37571259
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Fake Doctors of India Empty Re: Fake Doctors of India

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:38 pm

poorly-chosen title: they will be called village health workers per the article.

also, this caught my eye:

'"I'm more confident in my job," Mr Mondal said about the training he received, which lasted nine months with two classes each week.
But has it reduced the risk of medical errors?'

** a resident will have put in roughly 2700 hours in 9 mos actually. and they can still screw up. it can happen to anyone.
i think it's a wonderful idea to train them but clearly they need to spend more time at it.
it could mean that simple things like a diarrhea could be nipped in the bud before a kid goes into kidney failure and shock, just learning how to wash you hands and emphazing sterility is a big one that anyone can learn. i remember these residents telling me they have to watch like a 90 min video on handwashing each year during training. but it saves lives. training  these foot soldiers to tie sutures, identify a kid with malnutr, or a patient with a stroke or a heart attack or a contagious illness will all be a great help in moving the country forward.

Last edited by pravalika nanda on Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ...)

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down