Which of these is a casteist? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which of these is a casteist?

3 posters

Go down

Which of these is a casteist? Empty Which of these is a casteist?

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:38 pm

Someone who has always promoted inter caste marriages, who has consistently advocated for the destruction of the caste system, who has criticised Adi Sankara's derogatory references to sudras

OR

Someone who sees caste based reservations continue indefinitely and claims that the caste system is a system which does not want to die.

Back to top Go down

Which of these is a casteist? Empty Re: Which of these is a casteist?

Post by charvaka Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:51 pm

I think the correct answer is neither.

Here is an example of a truly casteist statement made on CH. Now, the person who said it, he may or not be a casteist, but the statement is very much so.

The slaves in question are base born Chandalas like you and other members of your extended family who have been attending to the needs of brahmins like yours truly for several generations.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:58 pm

charvaka wrote:I think the correct answer is neither.

Here is an example of a truly casteist statement made on CH. Now, the person who said it, he may or not be a casteist, but the statement is very much so.

The slaves in question are base born Chandalas like you and other members of your extended family who have been attending to the needs of brahmins like yours truly for several generations.

--> Ha ha. That was in a heated debate with abuses flying in both directions and it was a response and a reaction to a a casteist question and subsequent filthy abuses. So that doesn't count. Furthermore, that person--in reasoned and rational discussions has over a number of years opined that he would like to see the destruction of the caste system and he has consistently promoted inter caste marriages. This is further evidence of the fact that he is not a casteist. Additionally, he has criticized Adi Sankara's derogatory references to sudras and has praised Gautam Budha for accepting low caste hindus into the Budhist Sanghas. So, any reasonable man--with no bias against this man--will conclude that he is not a casteist.

--> In my opinion, it is the second person who is the actual casteist because he made the statement in a rational discussion where nobody was abusing him. Clearly, the second person would like to see the caste system going on perpetually instead of the caste system dying which is what the first person has been propagating.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:12 pm

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:I think the correct answer is neither.

--> Ha ha. That was in a heated debate with abuses flying in both directions and it was a response and a reaction to a a casteist question and subsequent filthy abuses. So that doesn't count. Furthermore, that person--in reasoned and rational discussions has over a number of years opined that he would like to see the destruction of the caste system and he has consistently promoted inter caste marriages. This is further evidence of the fact that he is not a casteist. Additionally, he has criticized Adi Sankara's derogatory references to sudras and has praised Gautam Budha for accepting low caste hindus into the Budhist Sanghas. So, any reasonable man--with no bias against this man--will conclude that he is not a casteist.

--> In my opinion, it is the second person who is the actual casteist because he made the statement in a rational discussion where nobody was abusing him. Clearly, the second person would like to see the caste system going on perpetually instead of the caste system dying which is what the first person has been propagating.

--> The second person is guilty of trying to perpetuate 'reverse discrimination'. All kinds of discrimination need to come to an end, but for some reason the second person is a strong proponent of 'reverse discrimination'. This marks him as a casteist, even if he openly claims that he is not one.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:16 pm

this is the sign of true delusion and megalomania -- talking about oneself in the third person. i know; i have seen the symptoms in other people i know.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:19 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:this is the sign of true delusion and megalomania -- talking about oneself in the third person. i know; i have seen the symptoms in other people i know.

--> You may complain about the style of writing, but do you have any comments to share on the substance of what i wrote? If a person would like to see the caste based reservations and the caste system continue indefinitely is he not guilty of 'reverse discrimination' and is he not thereby a casteist?

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:02 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:this is the sign of true delusion and megalomania -- talking about oneself in the third person. i know; i have seen the symptoms in other people i know.

Perfect.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:01 pm

Rashmun wrote:

--> You may complain about the style of writing, but do you have any comments to share on the substance of what i wrote? If a person would like to see the caste based reservations and the caste system continue indefinitely is he not guilty of 'reverse discrimination' and is he not thereby a casteist?

rashmun -- i don't want to add to your misery. just one bit of friendly advice -- in most endeavors in life, a bit of circumspection is helpful.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:10 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

rashmun -- i don't want to add to your misery. just one bit of friendly advice -- in most endeavors in life, a bit of circumspection is helpful.

if you think i am in some kind of misery, you are mistaken. the advice you are giving me is not advice you have followed yourself in the past.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down