crypto Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

crypto

3 posters

Go down

crypto Empty crypto

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:03 pm

anyone buy them? i've been watching them since 2012, never put any money into them thinking they're a huge fad. epic mistake. wondering if it's not too late..

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

crypto Empty Re: crypto

Post by TruthSeeker Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:49 pm

Last I know, 15 year olds are playing with crypto currencies. Whats the future of Bitcoin? Bright. But it will take time, and a tons of regulations that have not yet come into play. Its used often by the hackers, more than the govt will allow its public use. IMHO, unless the "criminal usage" aspect of it is resolved, its hard to come in public domain. But then, the way it has been designed, it has a lot of promise and logic. Right now, its the "greed" in this highly liquid market that's talking.

random gambles,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:19 am

I never got into them. Block chain is clearly a promising innovation and is coming up in some business conversations in the same breath as IoT and AI. I don't think I understand how crypto currency is to be valued, hence my hesitation to jump in.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:26 pm

Idéfix wrote:I never got into them. Block chain is clearly a promising innovation and is coming up in some business conversations in the same breath as IoT and AI. I don't think I understand how crypto currency is to be valued, hence my hesitation to jump in.

no one knows how to value currencies at this time, only supply and demand (much like fiat). blockchain on other hand might revolutionize a lot of counter party transactions (insurance, banking) which itself could be a multi trillion dollar market, much like e-commerce.

I am trying to buy some ethereum (not bitcoin) around 10-20k worth and hold onto to it indefinitely. if it goes to zero, that's ok.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:11 pm

Dollar is not backed by anything, can and have been printed in trillions, but still is considered safer than crypto. No intrinsic value - I mean why is an apple not costlier than a gold earring? In a hungry country, it would be.

I think the idea of a global currency, not controlled by govts and wars, makes a lot of sense. Currencies are manipulated.

But my major concern is this:

Just like how Kapil Dev and Zee TV came up with the idea of T20 League (an excellent idea, which would have made them billions). The idea itself was hacked by those in power - BCCI - to come up with IPL.

The same could happen to existing crypto currencies. Once they have enough steam, US govt would start its own crypto, in collaboration with other govts.

There are no patent laws here.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum