How to wake up fast Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to wake up fast

5 posters

Go down

How to wake up fast Empty How to wake up fast

Post by Bittu Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:47 am

http://www.savvysugar.com/How-Wake-Up-Fast-21385387

You're late to work, again. No matter how much you reason with yourself, your lateness is probably due to the fact that you couldn't get out of bed. It's always unpleasant to drag yourself out of bed, so here are some tips to help you wake up alert and get you out of bed quickly:

Assess your health. Your drowsiness in the morning might be health-related. Perhaps you need a better diet and exercise plan or maybe you have sleep apnea. If you've been doing everything right, go to a doctor for an expert opinion.
Coffee on your bedside table. This is for extreme cases, but leaving some coffee or another caffeinated drink like Mountain Dew on your bedside table might be a good way to get yourself out of bed.
Place your alarm clock strategically. If you place your alarm clock across the room or outside your door, this might force you walk to the clock to shut it off.

Read on for more tips.

Get an alarm clock that lights up. You can mimic waking up naturally with this BioBrite Sunrise Clock ($134). This alarm clock will gradually glow brighter and brighter and will act like your own mini sunrise. You will no longer be jerked awake by jarring noises with this clock. BioBrite also has a cheaper version for $90.
Don't drink caffeine or alcohol the night before. It takes a while for caffeine and alcohol to get out of your system so for a better night's sleep, refrain from imbibing these liquids the night before.
Smelling salts. Smelling salts have been reviving people for hundreds of years, but you don't have to smell something distasteful. Put a bottle of a pleasant-smelling essential oil like orange, grapefruit, or mint next to your bed to sniff in order to shake yourself out of a groggy state
Train yourself. Instead of forcing yourself to wake up, train yourself to react instantly by practicing the motions of waking up. During the day, turn your lights off and practice jumping out of the bed as soon as your alarm goes off. Do this repeatedly twice a day for about 10 times until it feels automatic.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

How to wake up fast Empty Re: How to wake up fast

Post by The Absolute Zero Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:01 am

Bittu wrote:Get an alarm clock that lights up. You can mimic waking up naturally with this BioBrite Sunrise Clock ($134).

I actually have a projection clock in my house in all bedrooms. It projects time right on the roof and you can see the time without moving your head even an inch. The light can be adjusted to have enuf brightness of a night lamp. This helps in waking up easily. These clocks are cheap and I think mine costs.... well you know the way I shop; so I rest my case ;-) Paging Tracy mom for comments ;-p

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:06 am

I don't have issues with waking up exactly. When needed, I can wake up fine. On regular work days, I do need snoozing for 30-40 minutes. So I set the alarm clock accordingly. Then I make tea and sit again and snooze again for some time. Sometimes, I take a 20-30 minute nap even after. Then I generally fuss over kids' breakfast routine. Talk to daughter before she leaves. It could well be 1.5-2 hours after the first alarm that I actually start getting ready.

But the days when I want to, I snooze at the most 18 minutes, and finish the tea business under 10. On real emergency days, I can be up , showered, dressed, and out of the house within 20 minutes of first alarm.

So maybe, my issues are more mental.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:08 am

The Absolute Zero wrote:
Bittu wrote:Get an alarm clock that lights up. You can mimic waking up naturally with this BioBrite Sunrise Clock ($134).

I actually have a projection clock in my house in all bedrooms. It projects time right on the roof and you can see the time without moving your head even an inch. The light can be adjusted to have enuf brightness of a night lamp. This helps in waking up easily. These clocks are cheap and I think mine costs.... well you know the way I shop; so I rest my case ;-) Paging Tracy mom for comments ;-p

If I have light on the top of my head, I won't be able to sleep at all. Hate any kind of direct light in the eye. Diffused filtering light is ok. That's maybe coz I am a light sleeper, and open my eyes often. I am also not that easy to fall asleep. So any kind of direct light can hurt my eyes, and end up giving me a headache. And eventually make me very cranky.

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:18 am

spend less time thinking about urself ..that's it

go to sleep early don't chat up people late into the night

It's a bad idea to sleep with the help of alcohol and wake up with the help of coffee or mountain dew .Sooner or later such habits will ruin ur health

Depend on yourself alone ..
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:47 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6NoGYVuYwQ
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:12 pm

All those fancy alarm clocks don't work. $134 for a clock...I am not buying it. The only thing that works is practice. Before setting alarm and before bed...practice waking up pretending the alarm goes off...do this 2-3 sets 5 each set. Save the $$ and donate it.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:27 pm

the legs sell the clock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C38p7HeDHzk
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:58 pm

I would certainly consider if this works for with kids. Seriously, this morn I told my dd that she wakes up late and it is driving me crazy and I am not happy coz she is not listening to me and also she spends a lot of time with iPad and ....well, stressing that she is not listening! and I am not going to talk to her LOL. She did kept quiet, had her breakfast and didn't talk to me while getting ready and also the drive to school - usually she will make a big scene with her fav songs while driving. I kinda felt impressive that God! She started to feel bad and may be realizing that she should start listening to me...atleast she is understanding in the family!

At the school parking lot...she refused to get down from the car and started crying...I was like..."It's okay you can start listening to me from tomorrow! Don't cry!"

She said..."You hurt my feelings and say sorry!" I was like..."Why should I?" and played the drama and guess what...I apologized.

It takes like 45 min for me to wake her up.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:14 pm

your dd will be a happily married woman. I can sense it. Smile Wish I knew all this before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:02 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:your dd will be a happily married woman. I can sense it. Smile Wish I knew all this before.

LOL, Yes. I pity that guy...who marries her.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down