Happy valentine's day Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy valentine's day

+2
Maria S
ashdoc
6 posters

Go down

Happy valentine's day Empty Happy valentine's day

Post by ashdoc Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:02 am

I am ready....

but are you ready....

for the world's biggest french kiss....

on valentine's day....

happy valentine's day Very Happy Very Happy

Happy valentine's day ZuQ4H

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Happy valentine's day Empty Re: Happy valentine's day

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:19 am

hellsangel's valentine:

Happy valentine's day 1277_slide

rashmun's valentine:

Happy valentine's day 116264_slide

marathadi saamiyaar's valentine:

Happy valentine's day 116267_slide

bittu's valentine:

Happy valentine's day 115838_slide

maxentropy_man's valentine:

Happy valentine's day 116265_slide

TAZ's valentine:

Happy valentine's day 115703_slide

Mulaiu Azhagi's valentine:

Happy valentine's day 115666_slide

propagandhi's valentine:

Happy valentine's day 116268_slide

and, finally, my valentine:

Happy valentine's day 115678_slide

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:48 am

garamkuta's valentine:

Happy valentine's day 1278_slide

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:59 am

lol! at HK's cards. Awesome!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:53 am

No flying or French kiss..but, how about a cute romantic scene for a great fan of the movies?

(Why couldn't they just take the bid from Boeing?!)

Happy Valentine's Day Doc!

HK,

Nice cards:) Hope you are enjoying your day!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:23 am

Happy Valentine!

Though you guys are all okay fun and discuss the same old rotten stuff...still you were all here when needed to read some crap Razz
Love y'all.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:24 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:lol! at HK's cards. Awesome!

glad you liked them tracy. Smile happy valentine's day!

Maria S wrote:No flying or French kiss..but, how about a cute romantic scene for a great fan of the movies?

you might find it funny but i could not understand one whit of what hugh grant says in that clip. what was he mumbling exactly...was he proposing or turning her down? i had to read the synopsis of the movie in wikipedia to understand that he was turning her down. but why this selection for valentine's day? also, did you see google's doodle for today -- i thought it was very cute!

Maria S wrote:Hope you are enjoying your day!

you know, valentine's day stands cancelled in india and we are not celebrating it. because, mathematically, 14-2-12 = 0. Sad

Sasthi wrote:still you were all here when needed to read some crap Razz
Love y'all.

what?????????????

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:46 am

bwahahahaaa...especially@rashmun, mulai agazhi, allandhra peenaasi's & garamkuta's valentine. very creative and accurate.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:49 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:bwahahahaaa...especially@rashmun, mulai agazhi, allandhra peenaasi's & garamkuta's valentine. very creative and accurate.

If wikipedia were really the source of all my knowledge, i would not have heard the refrain 'Thanks' or 'Thanks for the explanation' from the Akka.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:50 am

you might find it funny but i could not understand one whit of what hugh grant says in that clip. what was he mumbling exactly...was he proposing or turning her down? i had to read the synopsis of the movie in wikipedia to understand that he was turning her down. but why this selection for valentine's day? also, did you see google's doodle for today -- i thought it was very cute!

HK!

I am not a fan of British accents/dialects...but, you have to perhaps see the movie- to see it in context! Hugh Grant is quirky and geeky.. but, there is something about him..strangely lovable..in a very "anti-charismatic/dynamic" kind of way!

It's about one line when Julia says..in spite of all her superstar fame and fortunte "I am just a Girl, in front of a Boy asking him to love her"..summarizes it all..just like in Forrest Gump, when Tom Hanks says "I am not a smart man, but I know what love is"..think all romantics can relate to these two simple lines!

*As wonderful as listening about the Sun, Moon, Stars and eternity..when they are expressed in grandiose terms in poetry and prose..this gets to the essence of it I love you!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:55 am

Maria S wrote:It's about one line when Julia says..in spite of all her superstar fame and fortunte "I am just a Girl, in front of a Boy asking him to love her"

yes, i understood that line spoken by julia roberts! and i found it poignant. i found the synopsis interesting -- i'll watch the movie now that you recommend it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:57 am

Is this the one in which she was a movie star?

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:58 am

Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:bwahahahaaa...especially@rashmun, mulai agazhi, allandhra peenaasi's & garamkuta's valentine. very creative and accurate.

If wikipedia were really the source of all my knowledge, i would not have heard the refrain 'Thanks' or 'Thanks for the explanation' from the Akka.

I forget when you got the said refrain...is that when you showed him wiki links to why he's wrong?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:59 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:

I forget when you got the said refrain...is that when you showed him wiki links to why he's wrong?
You have to get him started?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:09 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Here is an example. Please go ahead and tell me whether the facts i gave and for which i received the 'Thanks for the explanation' praise from the Akka are present in any wikipedia article.

[Carvaka]
started by Rashmun 4 yrs ago
Initially, Virupaksha (considered a form of Shiva) was the family deity and also the state deity of Vijaynagar.Important state transactions were formalized in the presence of Virupaksha. Then there was a period in which Vishnu started becoming important to the Vijaynagar rulers. A Lord Ram temple was built and Lord Venkateshwara was ardently patronized during this period, but important state transactions continued to be formalized in the presence of Virupaksha during this period. Finally from 1516 to 1565 (1565 being the date for the battle of Talikota), the vast majority of state transactions were finalized (witnessed and authenticated) before the Vaisnava God Vitthala. This seems to be the reason why the Vitthala temple was destroyed, and the Virupaksha temple spared; the idea being that the state deity--being a visible representative of the state--had to be destroyed to crush the morale of the people and force them to accept the defeat of the state. Destroying the state temple or looting the main image of the state deity kept in the state temple was standard practice in dealing with a defeated enemy even in pre-muslim India; the caveat being that in pre-muslim India, the looting of the state deity seems to have occured a lot more frequently than the destruction of the entire state temple. You are right about the storyline of Tobatek Singh. I would recommend the english translations of Khalid Hasan when it comes to the stories of Manto. 'Mottled Dawn' is a collection of Manto stories, translated by Khalid Hasan, which deal exclusively with the partition.

carvaka posted Re:[Carvaka] on 4 yrs ago
Thanks for the explanation. Considering that Vijayanagara was looted systematically for a month or so after Tallikota, it is still remarkable that the Viroopaksha temple did not get razed to the ground (as the rest of the city was.) Mottled Dawn -- yes, that was the collection that I read and that is where I had found Tobatek Singh's story.

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/personal/carvaka-275896.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:15 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:Is this the one in which she was a movie star?

yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:16 pm

I also noted that you said to carvaka "you are right" in your exchange below. this is conclusive proof that you agree carvaka "the aKKa" is always right. you yourself said so.

Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Here is an example. Please go ahead and tell me whether the facts i gave and for which i received the 'Thanks for the explanation' praise from the Akka are present in any wikipedia article.

[Carvaka]
Initially, Virupaksha (considered a form of Shiva) was the family deity and also the state deity of Vijaynagar.Important state transactions were formalized in the presence of Virupaksha. Then there was a period in which Vishnu started becoming important to the Vijaynagar rulers. A Lord Ram temple was built and Lord Venkateshwara was ardently patronized during this period, but important state transactions continued to be formalized in the presence of Virupaksha during this period. Finally from 1516 to 1565 (1565 being the date for the battle of Talikota), the vast majority of state transactions were finalized (witnessed and authenticated) before the Vaisnava God Vitthala. This seems to be the reason why the Vitthala temple was destroyed, and the Virupaksha temple spared; the idea being that the state deity--being a visible representative of the state--had to be destroyed to crush the morale of the people and force them to accept the defeat of the state. Destroying the state temple or looting the main image of the state deity kept in the state temple was standard practice in dealing with a defeated enemy even in pre-muslim India; the caveat being that in pre-muslim India, the looting of the state deity seems to have occured a lot more frequently than the destruction of the entire state temple. You are right about the storyline of Tobatek Singh. I would recommend the english translations of Khalid Hasan when it comes to the stories of Manto. 'Mottled Dawn' is a collection of Manto stories, translated by Khalid Hasan, which deal exclusively with the partition.

Thanks for the explanation. Considering that Vijayanagara was looted systematically for a month or so after Tallikota, it is still remarkable that the Viroopaksha temple did not get razed to the ground (as the rest of the city was.) Mottled Dawn -- yes, that was the collection that I read and that is where I had found Tobatek Singh's story.

[flash][/flash]

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:23 pm

i used the words 'you are right' in the sense that a master uses for his disciple.

Propagandhi711 wrote:I also noted that you said to carvaka "you are right" in your exchange below. this is conclusive proof that you agree carvaka "the aKKa" is always right. you yourself said so.

Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

[Carvaka]

[flash][/flash]

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:25 pm

HK... super collection man.. good work.

Happy Valentine's day to all.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:28 pm

the devotion that i have (at one time anyways) inspired in the Akka can be comprehended when one notices that he quotes me (from one of my CH posts) in one of his sulekha blogs. When i gave Adi Sankara's criticism of sudras, people like Seva and sandilya refused to believe me. It was not present in wikipedia or anywhere else online. But the Akka continued to believe me and expressed his agreement and support for me on this issue. Many years later, i myself gave a link to the english translation of the Brahma sutra which had by then become available online, together with the relevant quotes where Adi Sankara criticizes sudras (and which i had given myself several years earlier). The Akka then reprimanded sandilya and Seva for calling me a liar, etc.

Rashmun wrote:
i used the words 'you are right' in the sense that a master uses for his disciple.

Propagandhi711 wrote:I also noted that you said to carvaka "you are right" in your exchange below. this is conclusive proof that you agree carvaka "the aKKa" is always right. you yourself said so.

Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

[Carvaka]

[flash][/flash]

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:44 pm

Hmm
@ this too
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content