about rayudu (cricket) Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

about rayudu (cricket)

+2
The Absolute Zero
Another Brick
6 posters

Go down

about rayudu (cricket) Empty about rayudu (cricket)

Post by Another Brick Wed May 11, 2011 9:18 am

rayudu must get a chance for india's WI tour. sure, he has problems with his running between the wickets and he experiences brain freeze at times, but he is one of the best out there. among the current bunch of IPL players, he seems to be the only one who can do justice to his selection. he has performed consistently. but i am sure srikanth has some other plans and will select non-players like valthaty, turdeja, i pathan, dinesh karthick, murali vijay, sreesanth et al.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

about rayudu (cricket) Empty Re: about rayudu (cricket)

Post by The Absolute Zero Wed May 11, 2011 9:43 am

Valthaty fizzled out. After two games success has gone to his head, it seems. Dinesh Karthik? Where on earth did I hear his name after WC 2003? He is done. Now that the majority of players is out of the WI tour, Sri - double K- anth has plans for all the TN players. Watch out.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Wed May 11, 2011 12:10 pm

The Absolute Zero wrote:Valthaty fizzled out. After two games success has gone to his head, it seems. Dinesh Karthik? Where on earth did I hear his name after WC 2003? He is done. Now that the majority of players is out of the WI tour, Sri - double K- anth has plans for all the TN players. Watch out.

From what I heard from my cricket expert buddy, Valthaty seems desperate to thrash every ball and is not showing any patience to construct an innings. Whether he retools his game and surges again or not, to me his brief success is still a big win for the average joe. How often does a forgotten, anonymous cricketer light up the stage with an innings of a lifetime?

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Wed May 11, 2011 12:13 pm

Another Brick wrote:rayudu must get a chance for india's WI tour. sure, he has problems with his running between the wickets and he experiences brain freeze at times, but he is one of the best out there. among the current bunch of IPL players, he seems to be the only one who can do justice to his selection. he has performed consistently. but i am sure srikanth has some other plans and will select non-players like valthaty, turdeja, i pathan, dinesh karthick, murali vijay, sreesanth et al.

Rayudu is a very talented batsman and can also do wicket keeping. Dhobi cannot and should not play every single game that team India plays. Rayudu can fill in as a standby keeper.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeybrowneyes Wed May 11, 2011 3:00 pm

nevada wrote:
Another Brick wrote:rayudu must get a chance for india's WI tour. sure, he has problems with his running between the wickets and he experiences brain freeze at times, but he is one of the best out there. among the current bunch of IPL players, he seems to be the only one who can do justice to his selection. he has performed consistently. but i am sure srikanth has some other plans and will select non-players like valthaty, turdeja, i pathan, dinesh karthick, murali vijay, sreesanth et al.

Rayudu is a very talented batsman and can also do wicket keeping. Dhobi cannot and should not play every single game that team India plays. Rayudu can fill in as a standby keeper.

Agree - also check out:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/514432.html

mickeybrowneyes

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed May 11, 2011 10:54 pm

Pick him for tontey-tontey or ODIs or Tests (are we playing any test matches in WI?)

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Thu May 12, 2011 3:55 am

yes, we are playing tests in WI although i can't imagine them to be more than two. or three. srikanth must select him for the tour. they should also select rahane not because he has done anything special in the IPL, but because he has done well in domestic cricket over the years. same goes for badrinath. all three must travel to WI.

i think they should now stop talking about fringe IPL "stars" like turdeja, pandey, gony, asnodkar, saurabh tiwary etc. these players need to do much more in the longer versions of the game to merit a consideration during team selection. i hope srikanth is listening.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu May 12, 2011 10:51 am

I agree with Rayudu. He and Venugopal Rao were marked as potential stars before the ICL/IPL.

But, clearly IPL (alone) cannot serve as a selection criterion. IPL is just an icing on the cake. Vijay should be written off either. After all just a few test matches ago, he was praised as a star (along with Pujara). There is a 25+ group, and then a 20+ group of potential future stars. Selectors need to pick a proper mix keeping in mind the long-term team interests.

One should remember - the time is running out and they have barely 1 or 2 more years to settle down on a "solid core team".

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri May 13, 2011 8:53 am

i was talking about ODI selection. vijay has done well in tests and should be persisted with. but he has not done enough in int'al ODIs and T20s. like nohit sharma.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri May 13, 2011 1:33 pm

Probably India needs to have 3 different national teams with very few linkages and common players. Only Gambhir has done well in all 3.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down