n.c.vasanthakOkilam Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

n.c.vasanthakOkilam

3 posters

Go down

n.c.vasanthakOkilam Empty n.c.vasanthakOkilam

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:40 pm

a voice extinguished too young.

lived a tragic life but could have been serious competition to MSS etc. they don't make them like her anymore. forget about the mangEshkars, bhonslEs, p.susheelAs, and vANi jayarAms, or for that matter MSS for just five minutes. give her a listen. you'll be glad you did. amazing.

i listen to female voices in carnatic music these days and they all have the uniform syrupy sweet vanilla quality to them fit only for singing mIrA bhajans and other such light classical silliness. no tremolos (or what they call brigAs in carnatic music) like NCV. what a powerful voice made just for serious carnatic music!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

n.c.vasanthakOkilam Empty Re: n.c.vasanthakOkilam

Post by garam_kuta Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:07 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:a voice extinguished too young.

lived a tragic life but could have been serious competition to MSS etc. they don't make them like her anymore. forget about the mangEshkars, bhonslEs, p.susheelAs, and vANi jayarAms, or for that matter MSS for just five minutes. give her a listen. you'll be glad you did. amazing.

i listen to female voices in carnatic music these days and they all have the uniform syrupy sweet vanilla quality to them fit only for singing mIrA bhajans and other such light classical silliness. no tremolos (or what they call brigAs in carnatic music) like NCV. what a powerful voice made just for serious carnatic music!

brighAs you say...you have seen the light doctor, you have..please pour me another one drunken

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:55 am

yes g_k. much as i adore MSS, i think NCV would have won that competition amongst connoisseurs, if not amongst the mIrA bhajan kumbal. for all the amazing talent that she was, there is no q that sadasivam's talent for marketing MSS played at least a small role in her success.

here read this; so tragic.
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2008/11/28/stories/2008112850600300.htm
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:40 pm

g_k sAr, one more for you:

En paLLi koNdIr ayyA

i think this is by suddhandanda bharathi, aruNAchala kavi. amazing stuff. starts with mohanam and explores other stuff and comes back to mohanam. this is some serious stress reduction, but i also stop working when i listen to her unfortunately.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:52 pm

absolutely divine! thanks for posting max. totally enjoyed listening to her.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:06 pm

Impedimenta wrote:absolutely divine! thanks for posting max. totally enjoyed listening to her.

thought you might like her too impy. amazing isn't she? such a sad life. i also posted something you might enjoy in another thread on thEvAram singing. hope you check that out too.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum