going after edwards Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

going after edwards

4 posters

Go down

going after edwards Empty going after edwards

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu May 03, 2012 11:05 pm

i'm disgusted with the way the govt is going after john edwards. here's another scummy pol who couldn't keep his pants zipped. but so much time and energy spent on prosecuting someone whose crime amounted to a monumental sum of $1 M while not one wall street banker thug has been brought to justice! i guess it's easy to do the piddly inconsequential thing than take on really gluttonous behavior by the real mephistopheles.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

going after edwards Empty Re: going after edwards

Post by Idéfix Thu May 03, 2012 11:17 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i'm disgusted with the way the govt is going after john edwards. here's another scummy pol who couldn't keep his pants zipped. but so much time and energy spent on prosecuting someone whose crime amounted to a monumental sum of $1 M while not one wall street banker thug has been brought to justice! i guess it's easy to do the piddly inconsequential thing than take on really gluttonous behavior by the real mephistopheles.
The guy is already disgraced, and he deserves the scorn he is getting. But the case for actual criminal behavior with respect to violation of election law is marginal at best. Even as this highly entertaining show trial goes on, we have super PACs running amok thanks to Citizens United v FEC.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri May 04, 2012 11:22 am

Why is anyone surprised..this story has politics, sex and money..like a magnet for getting attention and wasting tax payers money!

I was not a fan of Edwards..but, he was among the few politicians to at least talk about the "two Americas"..poverty in the US. I don't know it's always devastating to lose a child..and the tragic death of his son in an accident must have affected him a great deal - and affected the relationship between him and Elizabeth (as it always devastatingly does when a couple loses a child)..some couples survive..some don't. And Elizabeth's cancer must have taken huge toll on their intimacy-personal relationship too. As always these men pick some strange women to have affairs..what can one say about Ms. Hunter!

On a much lighter note...never underestimate the support of fans..this is kind of funny! Be nice to older women with money:)

John Edwards' Main Source of Hush Money Was 101-Year-Old Woman

http://gma.yahoo.com/john-edwards-main-source-hush-money-101-old-131004334--abc-news-topstories.html
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Fri May 04, 2012 3:24 pm

panini press wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i'm disgusted with the way the govt is going after john edwards. here's another scummy pol who couldn't keep his pants zipped. but so much time and energy spent on prosecuting someone whose crime amounted to a monumental sum of $1 M while not one wall street banker thug has been brought to justice! i guess it's easy to do the piddly inconsequential thing than take on really gluttonous behavior by the real mephistopheles.
The guy is already disgraced, and he deserves the scorn he is getting. But the case for actual criminal behavior with respect to violation of election law is marginal at best. Even as this highly entertaining show trial goes on, we have super PACs running amok thanks to Citizens United v FEC.

what's wrong with law taking its own course and jury deciding the verdict based on the facts of the case? Teh guy wanted a 97 year old to mortgage her home for more money

http://abcnews.go.com/US/elderly-donor-felt-edwards-friend-testifies/story?id=16277131

"

A key aide to John Edwards asked a elderly philanthropist to mortgage her home to bankroll a poverty foundation for Edwards after it was clear that his presidential ambitions were crushed, a witness testified today.

Bryan Huffman, an interior designer and confidante of Rachel "Bunny" Mellon, told the court that after giving hundreds of thousands of dollars to Edwards, she felt she was being taken advantage of when Edwards' aide Andrew Young asked for another $40 million to $50 million.

Young suggested Mellon, who was 97 at the time, could mortgage her Virginia home for the money. "

The original post states not one wall street thug has been brought to justice: Madoff.. Stanford..
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu May 31, 2012 4:48 pm

All's well that ends in a mistrial (if there is no appeal)..after wasting a whole lot of Tax payers money (10-20 million or more $?)

*It always helps- if the defendent is good looking, smiling and pleasant..and the female jurors dress up like they are going to see their crush..not to mention one alternate juror openly flirting..even John Grisham and Tom Clancy can't make up this stuff in their novels with scenes in the courtroom:) !

I guess Mr. Edwards can have a "dinner date lottery" now, and ask women to pay a few$ to spend time with him (Like Pres. Obama and Gov. Romney are doing to raise money in their campaigns!)..am sure he will have a lot of money coming in!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/31/john-edwards-count-3_n_1560132.html

*Seriously, he is a womanizing politician, but someone who also cared about issues like patient rights, and poverty in the US (which is an important issue for me), which not many politicians care or talk about, but in his personal life caused a lot of pain for Elizabeth, his late wife and his family. To criminalize what he did, and waste this much money and effort was unnecessary, imo.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu May 31, 2012 5:08 pm

Went back and looked at an old video of John and Elizabeth..he says he is not perfect, and he certainly isn't. How time goes by..things unfold!

It was nice to watch what he says about his plans for Universal Health Care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9ZzeS5SFaA

*Hope you don't mind Max, this is your thread.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum