if germans won the d-day invasion at normandy Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

if germans won the d-day invasion at normandy

3 posters

Go down

if germans won the d-day invasion at normandy Empty if germans won the d-day invasion at normandy

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:58 pm

chilling letter that eisenhower drafted in case germans won the d-day invasion and allies lost..
http://www.archives.gov/education/lessons/d-day-message/images/failure-message.gif

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

if germans won the d-day invasion at normandy Empty Re: if germans won the d-day invasion at normandy

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:05 pm

it says:

"our landings in the cherbourg-havre area have failed to gain a satisfactory foothold and I have withdrawn the troops. my decision to attack at this time and place was based upon the best information available. the troops, the air and the navy did all that bravery and devotion to duty could do. tf any blame or fault attaches to the attempt it is mine alone."

given that it's a handwritten note, he most likely was planning to kill himself if the invasion failed

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

if germans won the d-day invasion at normandy Empty Re: if germans won the d-day invasion at normandy

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:48 am

Nawwww...nothing like that... He was just laying the foundation for his re-election with a "I take responsibility" rehearsal.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:53 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Nawwww...nothing like that... He was just laying the foundation for his re-election with a "I take responsibility" rehearsal.

>>> On a serious note, apparently this weighed very heavily on his mind when he finally had to give the 'go' order.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down