One way to propagate Tamil culture Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One way to propagate Tamil culture

3 posters

Go down

One way to propagate Tamil culture Empty One way to propagate Tamil culture

Post by Guest Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:44 pm

Went to a tamil temple recently. may write a blog on my experiences in this temple in some detail later. Anyways, some religious books were available for sale within the temple premises. One was the tamil translation of Bhagavad Gita by Subramania Bharati which also has a long introduction/commentary by Bharati on the Gita. Now, i have no wish to read the Tamil Gita of Bharati (which is, after all, a translation from the original sanskrit) but it would have been great reading Bharati's introduction/commentary on the Gita. I think those who wish to propagate Tamil culture should consider translating Bharati's commentary on the Gita into english, hindi, and other Indian languages and if this has already been done than it needs to be made more widely available.

Back to top Go down

One way to propagate Tamil culture Empty Re: One way to propagate Tamil culture

Post by Petrichor Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:24 pm

>>Now, i have no wish to read the Tamil Gita of Bharati (which is, after all, a translation

Great, you prefer Cliff's Notes...makes sense.

Presumably Bharati read the sanskrit version of Gita, processed it in Tamil and rendered a commentary in Tamil which you now want to understand through a translation into english, hindi etc. Have you heard of transmission & distribution losses?

And in any case, how would this propagate Tamil culture? He speaks highly of Christ's teachings and Buddhist philosophy and indicates fairly common themes amongst religions and Gita's core philosophy.

http://www.pkp.in/mydrive/mydrive/Tamil%20E%20Books/Bharathi-Bhagavath%20Geethai.pdf

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:51 pm

atcg wrote:>>Now, i have no wish to read the Tamil Gita of Bharati (which is, after all, a translation

Presumably Bharati read the sanskrit version of Gita, processed it in Tamil and rendered a commentary in Tamil which you now want to understand through a translation into english, hindi etc. Have you heard of transmission & distribution losses?

I am interested in reading Bharati's commentary on the Gita, not in his translation of the Gita.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:54 pm

atcg wrote:>>Now, i have no wish to read the Tamil Gita of Bharati (which is, after all, a translation

And in any case, how would this propagate Tamil culture? He speaks highly of Christ's teachings and Buddhist philosophy and indicates fairly common themes amongst religions and Gita's core philosophy.

http://www.pkp.in/mydrive/mydrive/Tamil%20E%20Books/Bharathi-Bhagavath%20Geethai.pdf

Hindi and english translations of Bharati would help acquaint many Indians with Bharati's writings who i consider one of the greatest Indian writers of the 20th century. As of today, most Indians outside Tamil Nadu have either never heard of Bharati or have only a vague idea about him (they probably only just know his name).

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:17 pm

Thanks for the link atcg!

That was really a nice read..have not read this one before. It's was nice to see which teachings of Christ appealed to Bharathiyar..like the one about (being child-like) "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Bharathiyar also included Allah- in his devotional pieces.

I have not seen a "real pic" of Bharathiyar..this was posted recently by a Fb friend..not sure if this is real..but, it's different from all the ones I've seen over the years. *Did not know his funeral was attended by only seven people.

http://tamilmodernism.wordpress.com/2007/03/12/mahakavi-bharathiyar/
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:22 pm

Liberation of Tamilnadu from Indian (Hindian) rule is the one only way to protect Tamil culture. Indian government controled by Hindi politicians are determined to destroy all other languages and cultures dexcept Sanskrit-Hindi.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:25 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:Liberation of Tamilnadu from Indian (Hindian) rule is the one only way to protect Tamil culture. Indian government controled by Hindi politicians are determined to destroy all other languages and cultures dexcept Sanskrit-Hindi.

even though the population of Uttar Pradesh is between two and three times (closer to three) the population of Tamil Nadu, the number of central government ministers from TN are far more than the ministers from UP. Does this mean that UP is indirectly being governed by Tamilians?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:52 pm

Tamil ministers are not allowed to make major policy decisions but allowed to do corruption and earn wealth. Power is with Hindi politicians. If you do not understand it read what C>N> Annadurai said

http://www.tamiltribune.com/06/0202.html

Annadurai on Central Government Ministers from Tamil Nadu

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:12 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:Tamil ministers are not allowed to make major policy decisions but allowed to do corruption and earn wealth. Power is with Hindi politicians. If you do not understand it read what C>N> Annadurai said

Chidambaram, a tamil, is the home minister of india. Antony, a Malayali, is the defense minister of India. Krishna, a kannadiga, is the foriegn minister of India. Jaipal Reddy, a telugu, is the petroleum and natural gas minister of India.
KV, it seems you like to just talk without any knowledge of the actual facts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:16 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Kayalvizhi wrote:Tamil ministers are not allowed to make major policy decisions but allowed to do corruption and earn wealth. Power is with Hindi politicians. If you do not understand it read what C>N> Annadurai said

Chidambaram, a tamil, is the home minister of india. Antony, a Malayali, is the defense minister of India. Krishna, a kannadiga, is the foriegn minister of India. Jaipal Reddy, a telugu, is the petroleum and natural gas minister of India.

Here is a list of central govt cabinet ministers of India:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabinet_of_India

As can be seen, all states across India are well represented since the cabinet ministers of India come from all across India.

KV, please apologize for your error.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:42 pm

>>> Chidambaram, a tamil, is the home minister of india. Antony, a Malayali, is the defense minister of India. Krishna, a kannadiga, is the foriegn minister of India. Jaipal Reddy, a telugu, is the petroleum and natural gas minister of India.

Rashmun,

Do you have problem cimprehending the article I linked. Read it again.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:12 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:>>> Chidambaram, a tamil, is the home minister of india. Antony, a Malayali, is the defense minister of India. Krishna, a kannadiga, is the foriegn minister of India. Jaipal Reddy, a telugu, is the petroleum and natural gas minister of India.

Rashmun,

Do you have problem cimprehending the article I linked. Read it again.

annadurai is long dead. focus on the present. why is injustice being done to Uttar Pradesh today? Why are there not more ministers from Uttar Pradesh despite the state having more than 200 million people? Do you believe in real democracy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:30 pm

Rasmun,

Discussing things is like talking to a dog. It understands nothing and continue to whine. (I am not comparing you to dog. Just telling you the similarity of actions)

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:38 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:Rasmun,

Discussing things is like talking to a dog. It understands nothing and continue to whine. (I am not comparing you to dog. Just telling you the similarity of actions)

KV, i loved your analogy. It describes your current behavior perfectly. Instead of commenting on why Uttar Pradesh has so few (almost zero) cabinet ministers in the central govt. despite being the largest state of India, with a population of more than 200 million people, you continue to whine about imaginary injustices to TN.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down