Proposal season Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proposal season

5 posters

Go down

Proposal season Empty Proposal season

Post by Petrichor Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:55 am

1. 24 year old went on his knees in DR and was rewarded with a yes.
2. 32 year old playboy is wondering if he should, in bangkok. after playing the field, he is getting ready to settle down.
3. david pogue proposed last night to the "most selfless, sweet, beautiful, wise, funny woman in the world" and she accepted. lovely beginning to a second innings.

All these in the past week.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Proposal season Empty Re: Proposal season

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:08 am

"a 24-year-old," not "24 year old";

"a 32-year-old playboy," not "32 year old play boy";

"went down on his knees," not "went on his knees" (where did he go?)

what's "DR?" perhaps he went (walked) on his knees to DR, as some kind of penance.

do enlighten us.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:10 am

LOL, JM, so when did you propose to wren and martin? when and how? i am utmost curious.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:16 am

Impedimenta wrote:LOL, JM, so when did you propose to wren and martin? when and how? i am utmost curious.
i may answer that if you start a sentence without a "so."

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:23 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:LOL, JM, so when did you propose to wren and martin? when and how? i am utmost curious.

JM, when did you propose to wren and martin? when and how? i am utmost curious. I did this just for you.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:28 am

dominican republic

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:20 pm

atcg,

So, you are a romantic, get excited about proposals..aww Wink

I'll admit..have no clue about the above three proposals!
Kind of strange that in 2012, men are still expected to propose- and they do more than women! Why can't women do it more and more (at least equally!)

It would be smart for women to be direct about it- not play coy and get/surprise them with a ring..and find out where the relationship is going..and not keep guessing/expecting the man to do it.

Last edited by Maria S on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:22 pm

Impedimenta wrote:
Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:

JM, when did you propose to wren and martin? when and how? i am utmost curious. I did this just for you.

oh it was back in the summer of 99. it was a short lived honeymoon however, wren found out that phlegmy had a prior intimate relationship with mirriam of websters (he kept her stowed away in the anal orifice for easy reference) and vamoosed doublequick

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:38 pm

Maria S wrote:atcg,

Kind of strange that in 2012, men are still expected to propose- and they do more than women! Why can't women do it more and more (at least equally!)

It would be smart for women to be direct about it- not play coy and get/surprise them with a ring..and find out where the relationship is going..and not keep guessing/expecting the man to do it.

Something like this? Watch from 3:50...and 11:26...

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:48 pm

Maria S wrote:atcg,

While i am old fashioned and like the concept of men proposing, funny how it never happened that way with present husband. We were dating, and it was assumed we will marry, so I sorta orchestrated everything. Telling my parents to call his. Then he prepped his parents like I asked him to. And then they sorta took it from there. But ya, wedding date, blah blah, all was done purely by my approvals.

The poor guy had simply shown interest in going out with me in college. I took over the rest of the proceedings, once I said yes. Guess I should have stayed traditional in western sense of way, and waited for him to officially propose. I am pretty sure now he never would have. In fact, at one point he had seriously thought of NOT marrying me as he had sorta developed cold feet. But he had told me this later, and I had shrugged it off as him being temporarily confused.

So for all future purposes, will make sure the girls in the family stick it out and proud unless they are proposed by the guy on his knees.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:49 pm

Not bad..there are more creative ways!

I have seen this movie and liked it!
*As I have posted her before Anjali is my fav.actress among contemporary stars, not beautiful, but quite talented and has great potential.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:58 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:

While i am old fashioned and like the concept of men proposing, funny how it never happened that way with present husband. We were dating, and it was assumed we will marry, so I sorta orchestrated everything. Telling my parents to call his. Then he prepped his parents like I asked him to. And then they sorta took it from there. But ya, wedding date, blah blah, all was done purely by my approvals.

The poor guy had simply shown interest in going out with me in college. I took over the rest of the proceedings, once I said yes. Guess I should have stayed traditional in western sense of way, and waited for him to officially propose. I am pretty sure now he never would have. In fact, at one point he had seriously thought of NOT marrying me as he had sorta developed cold feet. But he had told me this later, and I had shrugged it off as him being temporarily confused.

So for all future purposes, will make sure the girls in the family stick it out and proud unless they are proposed by the guy on his knees.

"Present husband"Smile

Nice storytelling as always Natalia!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:01 pm

was supposed to mean - current husband then boyfriend Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:00 pm

Was just teasing you N:)