Tsk..tsk..rational people and their dogged insistence on facts - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tsk..tsk..rational people and their dogged insistence on facts

+7
SomeProfile
Another Brick
MaxEntropy_Man
charvaka
CroMagnon
Hellsangel
Merlot Daruwala
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tsk..tsk..rational people and their dogged insistence on facts - Page 2 Empty Re: Tsk..tsk..rational people and their dogged insistence on facts

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 12:59 am

blabberwock wrote:Eh? What sort of bigotry is this?

it is not bigotry. it is merely the huzefa capsizey formula for survival in the big, bad world. note that i give them a chance to prove me wrong and i am always quick to learn.

Back to top Go down

Tsk..tsk..rational people and their dogged insistence on facts - Page 2 Empty Re: Tsk..tsk..rational people and their dogged insistence on facts

Post by charvaka Wed May 25, 2011 1:04 am

blabberwock wrote:
Well, it is true that Max and you were being polite but I wasn't referring to that - Sulekha CH is the garden, the BIG garden and the current residents there are the hug-hello-gmorn-gnite gang. They don't really care about what another says and whether it makes any sense whatsoever. All they want is their hugs and pats on the backs. And when the logical people are away, boy, do they play! From dark energy to music to books to neuroscience - anything goes!

Quite unexpectedly, a person like CC wanders in, poses uncomfortable questions and very politely accepts the balderdash dished out as explanation. That's the danger I was referring to.
Sorry I am slow today. Now I got it.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Wed May 25, 2011 1:11 am

Another Brick wrote:to be fair to sister maria, she perhaps indeed copied the review from facebook but forgot to mention it. that can happen.
Sure, but why change words?

PS: I haven't seen the original post. So I am going off HK's report that she changed some words from the original.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed May 25, 2011 1:16 am

to give her the benefit of doubt, i assume that the person who sent her the review on facebook changed some words. if maria would have rewritten it, unnecessary punctuation (full stops, exclamation marks) to words ratio would be greater than 3.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Wed May 25, 2011 1:18 am

Another Brick wrote:to give her the benefit of doubt, i assume that the person who sent her the review on facebook changed some words. if maria would have rewritten it, unnecessary punctuation (full stops, exclamation marks) to words ratio would be greater than 3.
Possible, but a stretch.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed May 25, 2011 2:44 am

Hellsangel wrote:
Another Brick wrote:and now a book review that coincidentally matches the one here.
How did you find that one?

googled for a part of her sentence. a perfect match was found on that site.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 2:54 am

this thread is incomplete without maria's resounding, desk-thumping response that shuts up all the talking heads here.

Maria S wrote:Good for you Tineka..unfortunately not all adults are like you..they become worse as adult bullies & thrive on making others feel inferior-less than them..especially if they know they can get away with it- or have a group/mob cheering them- the classic mob mentalilty.

link to the source

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed May 25, 2011 3:04 am

actually, she is right about us bullying her. eff it, i am out. i have got nothing against her, but i found her desperation to show us that the forum is alive by turning into a post-bot laughable. her decision to stick to the old CH because she thinks she was taken for granted is equally laughable. i am willing to give her the benefit of doubt on the book review though. i am sure that happened because post-bot had to post something at that moment.

and her linkedin post was also made just because she had to post something at that time. anything really. anything from vertical gardens to horizontal chopsticks. she chose linkedin but did not give it enough thought. all this just to show all of us that the forum is functioning and they are all having a good time there. there was an invite by tracey trivedi to her on the old CH to which she responded with some "us vs them" rot (and later denied having said so). "us vs them" was in her mind. and to convince "them" that she is unaffected by them taking her for granted, she has become a post-bot.

that is not bullying. just plain analysis.

Last edited by Another Brick on Wed May 25, 2011 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 3:09 am

Another Brick wrote:actually, she is right about us bullying her. eff it, i am out. i have got nothing against her, but i found her desperation to show us that the forum is alive by turning into a post-bot laughable. her decision to stick to the old CH because she thinks she was taken for granted is equally laughable. i am willing to give her the benefit of doubt on the book review though. i am sure that happened because post-bot had to post something at that moment.

It has happened too many times. This is not the first time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 3:19 am

Another Brick wrote:that is not bullying. just plain analysis.

of course. point noted saar. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed May 25, 2011 3:22 am

perhaps. i have read on this forum a claim that PI caught her on some movie reviews. but i have no reason to believe either PI or her because i did not follow that discussion.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 3:22 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
blabberwock wrote:Eh? What sort of bigotry is this?

it is not bigotry. it is merely the huzefa capsizey formula for survival in the big, bad world. note that i give them a chance to prove me wrong and i am always quick to learn.

(1) How do you recognize a tambram?
(2) Do you view any other clan with the same suspicion? If not, what have tambrams done to deserve this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed May 25, 2011 3:27 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Another Brick wrote:that is not bullying. just plain analysis.

of course. point noted saar. Smile

aiyoo! bullying would be to go to CH and ask her uncomfortable questions and corner her. like we do to TS (not ashamed to say that!). bullying would also have been right had she been visiting this forum to read our posts. but she claims that she is not. talking behind her back? yessir, i was(am?) party to it.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 3:47 am

blabberwock wrote:(1) How do you recognize a tambram?

they have an antenna jutting out of their heads. mostly i surmise their tambramness through discussions. in real life i need not surmise this 'cos i already know this or can tell from their last names: sundaram, gopalsundaram, krishnan, gopalkrishnan, balakrishnan...

(2) Do you view any other clan with the same suspicion? If not, what have tambrams done to deserve this?

no, i do not view any other clan with the same suspicion (possibly the nazi viewed the jews with a similar suspicion). i am not as intimately familiar with other clans in real life or, if i am, i have not developed any suspicious feelings about them. let me think...probably the marwaris too. for one of the same reasons -- clannishness. my mistrust of tambrahms and marwaris is irrational -- i accept that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 4:10 am

ok, let me try understand this objectively. viewing a community with suspicion is human nature. but this general suspicion, or xenophobia, gets accentuated when the community being viewed attains a sharp definition. tambrahms, like the bengalis, gujaratis and punjabis, have acquired a sharp definition in the indian mind that immediately conjures a mindset in their eyes. like i said, the sharper the definition, the higher the xenophobia towards them. in contrast, andhraites, MPites, rajasthanis or UPites do not have any sharp definition (not talking about the hindi/marathi speaking divide that has been the 'cos of much resentment in mumbai). a typical bengali is an itinerant tourist, a monkey cap guy, bhadralok. a typical punjabi is fair and loves his butter chicken and whiskey. a typical tambrahm is super intelligent, a bureaucrat and a bharatnatyam lover.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 4:26 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote: a typical punjabi sardar is fair and loves his butter chicken and whiskey.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 4:34 am

Another Brick wrote:aiyoo! bullying would be to go to CH and ask her uncomfortable questions and corner her.

agreed. i have already done this. i should not have. since i will not be posting there again, this won't happen again. also, this is my last post on maria s. i am giving her too much importance and i really should move on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 5:49 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:ok, let me try understand this objectively. viewing a community with suspicion is human nature. but this general suspicion, or xenophobia, gets accentuated when the community being viewed attains a sharp definition. tambrahms, like the bengalis, gujaratis and punjabis, have acquired a sharp definition in the indian mind that immediately conjures a mindset in their eyes. like i said, the sharper the definition, the higher the xenophobia towards them. in contrast, andhraites, MPites, rajasthanis or UPites do not have any sharp definition (not talking about the hindi/marathi speaking divide that has been the 'cos of much resentment in mumbai). a typical bengali is an itinerant tourist, a monkey cap guy, bhadralok. a typical punjabi is fair and loves his butter chicken and whiskey. a typical tambrahm is super intelligent, a bureaucrat and a bharatnatyam lover.

i will have to revise this. not trying to be PC but fairness/duskiness is not exactly what i had in mind. to rewrite:

a typical sardar is bearded, loud and loves his butter chicken and whiskey.

of course, all that i have said is strictly from my perspective. there are more clans, like the GSBs, the ghatis, the parsis, the mallus, the kashmiris, each with it's own "sharp" set of distinguishing features. and if you take them all into account, the argument that i am trying to make crumbles to dust. i guess i have stretched it more than i should have. i was being tongue-in-cheek from the word go. inspired by that outlook's study of the national dish of india, i should now switch from my bharat ek khoj endeavour to bharat ek bhoj. i understand the latter better. so stay close to the knitting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed May 25, 2011 8:32 am

Another Brick wrote:actually, she is right about us bullying her.

not all of us. some are.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 9:17 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:agreed. i have already done this. i should not have. since i will not be posting there again, this won't happen again.

*if gupte refines his statement, so will HK*

this is notwithstanding the fact that she (maria s) if first class, A1 bully material now. right in the bracket of a TS, luke and QB. just that i have lost interest in her. she is as psycho like QB but not quite as colourful as the rest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 9:43 am

if maria s and kripamaya join here, they will be in my foe list!!! i am requesting everyone in advance not to beg me to unfoe them!

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed May 25, 2011 11:51 am

a guy that extends unconditional and undying slavering support to the ultimate bigot and the biggest hypocrite on ch (phlegmy) is currently commenting on the irony of people taking potshots at maria's hypocrisy...hmm if that isnt ironic in itself.....it's like the blackeyed pea scenario

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 11:53 am

LOL!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 12:05 pm

[for blabberwock]

after all that i have said, i am still interested in learning the thoughts my posts elicit in you. i am also open to arguing this out. you might want to criticize my style of thinking or approach. arguing is not the only way to proceed, which i know you well know, but just that we should not shy from using it when it is helps in understanding (which also you know -- ok i'll stop flattering you now).

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed May 25, 2011 12:44 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:a guy that extends unconditional and undying slavering support to the ultimate bigot and the biggest hypocrite on ch (phlegmy) is currently commenting on the irony of people taking potshots at maria's hypocrisy...hmm if that isnt ironic in itself.....it's like the blackeyed pea scenario
Again, different rules for different people.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2